Valiant on Comixology - What's Next?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tetrisdork
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant on Comixology - What's Next?

Post by tetrisdork »

So, Comixology has been awesome for Valiant. A lot of classic books and runs have been collected and given some like me a chance to experience the original Valiant universe. New material has been released same-day-as-print for those without access to a comic shop and come with a little bonus content. But, hey, there is always room for improvement and additions...

Classic Material
Here is what has been re-released so far on Comixology:
-Archer & Armstrong v1 #0-26 (complete run; #8 and #26 also include Eternal Warrior #8 and #26 respectively)
-Bloodshot v1 #0-39 + Yearbook (book lasted to #51; Last Stand special not yet accounted for)
-Eternal Warrior #1-12 (#8 is a part of the A&A section; book lasted to #50; two yearbooks, Wings special, & 2-part Fist & Steel not yet accounted)
-Harbinger v1 #0-35 (book lasted to #41)
-Harbinger Files #1 (#2 not yet accounted for)
-Ninjak #1-22, 0, 00, & Yearbook (book lasted to #26)
-Rai #0 (4-part miniseries & rest of regular series/Future Force not yet up)
-Shadowman v1 #0-22 (book lasted to #43; yearbook not yet up)
-X-O Manowar v1 #0-40 + Yearbook (book lasted to #68)
-Quantum & Woody #0-21, 32, + GOAT: H.A.E.D.U.S. (complete run)

Some of these runs will be completely available soon, as Bloodshot & Ninjak are already in post-Birthquake territory with X-O's Birthquake stories coming pretty soon. Sure, there's still plenty of old-school VH1 backlog left and it looks like H.A.R.D. Corps is probably next, but we will soon hit the point of acknowledging ValiantVision(tm). Then there's the Acclaim-verse/VH2 books beyond Quantum & Woody. I am curious and want to read things like the X-O relaunch and video game Ninjak. And then there's the Gold Key properties, as I want to see Valiant release those books digitally while benefiting itself, Dreamworks, and Random House (the two owners of the GK3). What's do you want to see on Comixology next? (other than H.A.R.D. Corps)

Put the trades on there?
Marvel, Image, and a good chunk of publishers on Comixology have the option to buy titles as single issues or grouped together in trades. I honestly think it is a good idea. Maybe it could be possible to create a digital-only trade collection for Unity or Chaos Effect.

Digital-First/Digital-Only Content?
Companies have been using Comixology as a platform to release digital-first or digital-only content. Valiant's digital books of the current books have bonus process art not seen in the trades, but I want to see more. Like maybe a digital-first or digital-only story. Maybe find a way to finish Unity 2000.

Put the new OVU in-continuity content on there?
Sure, maybe putting The Tablet on Comixology for 99 cents might hurt sales of the Bloodshot Valiant Masters collection, but what's stopping the new OVU-era stories in the X-O, Harbinger, and Archer & Armstrong HC collections from getting another outlet since those collections are out-of-print?

Thoughts? Wants? Desires?

Spylocke
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1993
Re: Valiant on Comixology - What's Next?

Post by Spylocke »

I think the sales on Comixology will be good for Valiant. Sales are good for piquing interest and 99 cents is just the right price to try out. Everybody has a certain price where "No" turns into "What the hell, I'll give it a shot". For example DC comics knocks their issues down a dollar after a month. There were a lot of books I didn't feel like gambling three bucks on but two bucks seemed perfectly reasonable. I wouldn't have discovered Demon Knights if not for that.

Valiant has a lot of quality going for it but they aren't as visible as some of the other companies so I see Comixology as a way to keep Valiant visible. If nothing else it's a good way for longtime Valiant fans to read old issues without rummaging through their collection or risk an errant fingerprint marring a mint comic.

Discounted trades and maybe some content exclusive to digital copies would be good. Including the variant covers would be nice too. I know it's just one picture but it would be nice to able to appreciate the art without paying a large amount. It doesn't need to be anything big or flashy, just something to extra to entice people to buy.