Speculation about the next 5 titles?

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: Speculation about the next 5 titles?

Post by BugsySig »

June solicits should be out on Thursday or Friday of this week...will we see a new title announced before hand? Or will VEI start rolling out Summer of VALIANT 2 in July?

3 new books are on their way...woo hoo :applause: :applause: :applause:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

I think June, July and August are the summer months.

My money is on Eternal Warrior to follow up A&A #0 in May, another possibility is Dr.Mirage after Shadowman #0 in May.

Those just seem like good lead in points.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

hawkeyeps wrote:I think June, July and August are the summer months.

My money is on Eternal Warrior to follow up A&A #0 in May, another possibility is Dr.Mirage after Shadowman #0 in May.

If there is a book in June, I would guess a character who has been introduced already as well. So Ninjak, EW or Dr. Mirage (though she wold be the biggest surprise for me). Either that or a book like Quantum & Woody that wouldn't need a lead in.

Then July could be a book spinning out of Planet Death, and August a book out of Harbinger Wars. As long as one of them is Rai, I'll be happy :thumb:

swtor1091
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: May 2012
Favorite character: Flamingo
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by swtor1091 »

Who is this rai guy? Everyone wants a comic of him haha... A EW comic would be amazing
A shameful plug to the book i am currently writing. Please like my page so when I try to publish it I already have a following... https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blac ... 9693235948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I just read on twitter that a Ninjak ongoing may be announced at some stage this month!

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

BugsySig wrote:
hawkeyeps wrote:I think June, July and August are the summer months.

If there is a book in June, I would guess a character who has been introduced already as well. So Ninjak, EW or Dr. Mirage (though she wold be the biggest surprise for me). Either that or a book like Quantum & Woody that wouldn't need a lead in.

Then July could be a book spinning out of Planet Death, and August a book out of Harbinger Wars. As long as one of them is Rai, I'll be happy :thumb:
Been thinking about this a little bit more. I think the new books will be H.A.R.D Corps (following Harbinger Wars), Dr. Mirage (following Shadowman 0), and Ninjak (after a solid intro in XO 5-8). Would love to see a Rai 0 or something like a one-shot issue following PLANET DEATH (if he does make an appearance).

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Bl00dsh0t wrote:I just read on twitter that a Ninjak ongoing may be announced at some stage this month!
I don't think that was legit. They were asking for guesses as to more shocking endings to this months books and someone said and ad for a Ninjak ongoing. Then they teased a bit...but they do that stuff all the time.

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Baramos »

So Quantum and Woody have basically been confirmed for this summer, right? That's what that teaser was about?

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Baramos wrote:So Quantum and Woody have basically been confirmed for this summer, right? That's what that teaser was about?
Looks that way. I'm new to the Vailaint universe and have got to say that as a new reader, Quantum and Woody doesnt entice me. I would've liked that have seen, HARD Corps, Ninjak, and Dr. Mirage.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

So one down - Q&W

2 more to go for the summer of valiant 2?

I'm gonna say Hard Corps and Rai
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

tated250
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by tated250 »

I'm going to say hard corps is in Harby wars but don't get a new series yet I'm betting on ninjak and maybe EW but we will see it could also be rai coming out of the wars

Tate

Helios
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by Helios »

I would love to see a Secret Weapons book with Gilad, the Geomancer, Ninjak and Doctor Mirage. Maybe have them look into the mystery of "the Visitor" . . .

Spylocke
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by Spylocke »

Part of me is clamoring for a Livewire and Stronghold book but for the time being I'd rather they serve the functions of antagonist and moral center of Harbinger. I would like to see Secret Weapons come back as an ensemble book with a rotating cast. Something they could use to test out new characters and revamped ones that might not be able to hold a series of their own.

What do any of you think about an anthology series involving different characters and genres? It could lend itself to other genres like war with flashbacks involving members of Hard Corps, drama about the family life about some schlub redshirt from Project Rising Spirit, a geomancer murder mystery or a romantic comedy involving Livewire and Stronghold.

One of my major gripes about Marvel and DC is that there is no genre diversity...or at least very little of it.

I think Eternal Warrior, Ninjak and Hard Corps are the best bets, though.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Spylocke wrote:Part of me is clamoring for a Livewire and Stronghold book but for the time being I'd rather they serve the functions of antagonist and moral center of Harbinger. I would like to see Secret Weapons come back as an ensemble book with a rotating cast. Something they could use to test out new characters and revamped ones that might not be able to hold a series of their own.

What do any of you think about an anthology series involving different characters and genres? It could lend itself to other genres like war with flashbacks involving members of Hard Corps, drama about the family life about some schlub redshirt from Project Rising Spirit, a geomancer murder mystery or a romantic comedy involving Livewire and Stronghold.

One of my major gripes about Marvel and DC is that there is no genre diversity...or at least very little of it.

I think Eternal Warrior, Ninjak and Hard Corps are the best bets, though.
I have said the same about Secret Weapons before. Ninjak, Livewire, EW, etc could work together or individually on various missions. Maybe even have a main story and a backup.

I think an anthology is a tougher sell. They generally do not do well sales wise, even for the big dogs. Maybe further down the line when VALIANT is even more established. It could work well for some of the lesser known properties. Maybe if something gets a good response it can spin out to a series of its own.

Spylocke
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by Spylocke »

Yeah, anthologies aren't popular. It was more of a wishing post than actual speculation.
So far Valiant has impressed me by giving each of their books their own flavor. It may not be all that diverse in genre but unlike some companies (unfortunately I can't cough the words "Marvel and DC") no two books read the same and I'm glad for that.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Spylocke wrote:Yeah, anthologies aren't popular. It was more of a wishing post than actual speculation.
So far Valiant has impressed me by giving each of their books their own flavor. It may not be all that diverse in genre but unlike some companies (unfortunately I can't cough the words "Marvel and DC") no two books read the same and I'm glad for that.
I think an anthology would be great, especially for all those crime books and weird scifi concepts from the Acclaim years. It would give various creators a shot to rework a concept and maybe lead to new books. As you said, wishful thinking.

Baramos

Post by Baramos »

I think a good alternative to anthologies are back-ups. You can try out new ideas or give characters who are popular but you don't feel can pull their own book some room to have stories. Like if they don't want to do a separate Dr. Mirage comic, it would still be fun to see a five-page backup serial in Shadowman every month. Or the same thing with Ninjak in X-O Manowar or Ivar in Archer & Armstrong.

I don't know if they can price these things to justify the extra five pages, or whatever. I know Batman over at DC has been 3.99 when mostly every other book is 2.99 not only because they know they can get people to pay that (I mean, it's Batman), but because there are five or six page back-ups. Valiant is already at 3.99 because they simply sell less books, so I'm not sure if a back-up would necessitate they have to charge 4.50, or if they felt a five-page back-up would increase their sales. I'm sure there are profit-based logistics to work out with an idea like a back-up in a monthly book.

Of course DC is so popular that pre-New 52 they were actually using Detective Comics as a Batwoman/Renee Montoya Question anthology which is pretty amazing to me since it's such a flagship book. Of course it sold well and led directly into a Batwoman standalone so it was a successful experiment.

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

Backups would be great. One of the things I love about the old Warlord comics is all the different backup stories. They're a great way to introduce new characters and get them ready for their own books.

Captain Craig
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

I'm beyond fully speculating now since I'm late to this thread.

Next 5 titles....the OP doesn't state by end of 2013 which seems to be what I read into some posts. I'm reading it as till May '14.

So here is what I'd have said(no order):
HARD Corps
Ninjak
Geomancer
Rai
Eternal Warrior

Here is what I know:
Quantum & Woody

so my next 4 hopefuls would be(in order now)-Eternal Warrior, Rai, Ninjak, HARD Corps

Kertes
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: December 2012
Favorite character: Woody
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by Kertes »

I don't know but I really feel that the next title to be announced/introduced is Eternal Warrior.. Or maybe that's just me really really hoping that it would be eternal warrior. :D

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

I like the idea of a back-up story. That is something you don't see that often anymore but I've always liked.
Multum In Parvo

Captain Craig
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

The Dirt Gang wrote:I like the idea of a back-up story. That is something you don't see that often anymore but I've always liked.
Not sure what constitutes "often", or how many books makes it not often, but at DC it's done on two books I'm aware of: JLA w/Shazam back-up and Jonah Hex w/various.

It is rare as I can't think of a single Marvel book or other Indie that does it. Not counting the few anthology titles out there.

Burrito Boy
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

For some reason--it has nothing to do with the spoiler over at Bleeding Cool--I'm ready to make my prediction about what the next three Valiant titles will be.

1. Armorines
2. Psi-Lords
3. Secret Weapons

mp6pack
Favorite character: Torque
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by mp6pack »

Captain Craig wrote:I'm beyond fully speculating now since I'm late to this thread.

Next 5 titles....the OP doesn't state by end of 2013 which seems to be what I read into some posts. I'm reading it as till May '14.

So here is what I'd have said(no order):
HARD Corps
Ninjak
Geomancer
Rai
Eternal Warrior

Here is what I know:
Quantum & Woody

so my next 4 hopefuls would be(in order now)-Eternal Warrior, Rai, Ninjak, HARD Corps

http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a ... sover.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;