"Armed and Dangerous" by acclaim

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Valiant OCD
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
"Armed and Dangerous" by acclaim

Post by Valiant OCD »

I picked a 7 book run of an Acclaim title called "Armred and Dangerous" in the 25 cent bins this weekend. After a quick read I can see they were not your average acclaim comic book. (rated R at least...)I can't find anything on these books in the guide. Does anyone know anything about them? Assuming you are past puberty, they're actually a pretty good read. kind of a mystic river meets goodfellas feel.
When I was five, I dragged my dad into "Mike's Comic Hut"... If only I'd known..

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

It was part of the Acclaim "Crime Story" comic grouping. Acclaim was initially going to have different labels - Valiant, Windjammer, Magic, and a Crime story group.

There were a few others published under that label.

Chris

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Good read if you'r a Bob Hall fan. :)

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

Yeah, it's crime noir with Bob Hall's art trying to immitate Franks Miller's shadows. It looks a lot better than it sounds :) .

It's probably the best Sin City "homage" that was done because Bob didn't try to immitate anything beyond the high contrast shadows so, unlike some other Miller immitaters who did a cold rip off of Miller's style, you can tell it's Hall's artwork . I didn't care for it as much as other books in the genre, but it's a decent read.