November solicitations

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: November solicitations

Post by jmatt »

tchalla8 wrote:
Keith wrote:Nuts... no news on the new Shadowman team.
but that Kotaki Variant cover is to die for....if they don't make a Litho of that I'm gonna cry...
Ya know what would be pretty cool? If they released awesome covers like this with no trade dress at all. The thing would leap off the shelf.

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite

Post by mateo107 »

now that I've mapped these out on my calendar, I notice that VEI never seems to put out any new books the last week of the month (Sep 25, Oct 30 is a 5th week, so that maybe doesn't count, and Nov 27), is there any particular reason for that? they'll have 8 regular series then, couldn't they be releasing 2 a week and give us a regular fix?

CallMeBloodshot
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Venditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by CallMeBloodshot »

mateo107 wrote:now that I've mapped these out on my calendar, I notice that VEI never seems to put out any new books the last week of the month (Sep 25, Oct 30 is a 5th week, so that maybe doesn't count, and Nov 27), is there any particular reason for that? they'll have 8 regular series then, couldn't they be releasing 2 a week and give us a regular fix?
Maybe so the monthly sales look better? I honestly don't know either but that's my guess

CallMeBloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Venditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by CallMeBloodshot »

mateo107 wrote:now that I've mapped these out on my calendar, I notice that VEI never seems to put out any new books the last week of the month (Sep 25, Oct 30 is a 5th week, so that maybe doesn't count, and Nov 27), is there any particular reason for that? they'll have 8 regular series then, couldn't they be releasing 2 a week and give us a regular fix?
Maybe so the monthly sales look better? I honestly don't know either but that's my guess

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:
Probably. As we've been discussing the whole "reorder" thing, its the most likely explanation. The last week of the month is always a light shipping week in general, you'd think that might work to VEIs advantage, though, and they could get some good visibility by releasing a book or two those weeks.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:
How does that help monthly sales look better? Can anyone help educate the uneducated?
Multum In Parvo

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

The Dirt Gang wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
How does that help monthly sales look better? Can anyone help educate the uneducated?
The earlier a book ships in a month, the more time for the book to be reordered by retailers within the same month. Those reorders within the same month get counted toward the book's total monthly sales. So a book shipping on the last Wednesday of a month will not have any reorders counted toward its monthly total, whereas a book shipping the first week of a month has at least 3 weeks of potential reorders.

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

BugsySig wrote:
The Dirt Gang wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
The earlier a book ships in a month, the more time for the book to be reordered by retailers within the same month. Those reorders within the same month get counted toward the book's total monthly sales. So a book shipping on the last Wednesday of a month will not have any reorders counted toward its monthly total, whereas a book shipping the first week of a month has at least 3 weeks of potential reorders.
Thanks! :thumb:
Multum In Parvo

Ras the future fan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Favorite title: Bloodshot

Post by Ras the future fan »

With Valiant Masters: Rai, coming out in Nov, is it safe to say that we'll get a Rai book sometime next year?
Don't be afraid of the Darque!

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Ras the future fan wrote:With Valiant Masters: Rai, coming out in Nov, is it safe to say that we'll get a Rai book sometime next year?
No.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Shadowman99 wrote:
Ras the future fan wrote:With Valiant Masters: Rai, coming out in Nov, is it safe to say that we'll get a Rai book sometime next year?
No.
:funnypost:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

SJS4
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by SJS4 »

lorddunlow wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
No.
:funnypost:
:?

The Valiant Masters: Ninjak collection wasn't followed by his own series.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t