DC 3D villians

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

cplsimon
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
DC 3D villians

Post by cplsimon »

Anyone crazy about these covers. They were almost all gone at my LCS when I went in around noon.

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: DC 3D villians

Post by kjjohanson »

cplsimon wrote:Anyone crazy about these covers. They were almost all gone at my LCS when I went in around noon.
I'm not a big reader of the Big 2, but these covers were really catchy, so I picked them up. Went to Midtown Comics after work, around 7:30, and they were sold out of the Ventriloquist cover but had all of the others. Looks like that one is going to be the one to get from week 1.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

daydreamscomics
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by daydreamscomics »

I think they are butt ugly.

My orders got allocated and I was able to cover those who pre ordered, but the overwhelming majority of customers who picked up the standard editions either didn't care or were actually happy to not get the 3D crap.

If only DC could focus on actualy quality content, not gimmicks, to sell their books.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

My LCS didn't set them aside for my regular titles. Bummer. Hopefully, I'll get the rest, as they appear to have sold out everywhere. Hate the stupid numbering.

CylonSteve
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Van Lente

Post by CylonSteve »

daydreamscomics wrote: If only DC could focus on actualy quality content, not gimmicks, to sell their books.
I agree 100%.
I did however enjoy the Joker story! Joker training a monkey to be a henchmen! The 3D cover I bought because I like the Joker, but a week later I kinda feel Whoopity-Doo! :? I would have been just as happy with a non-3D cover. Fortunately I only paid 3.99 cover price for it! Some stores I have read charged up to $20 or more for them!

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by nutflush76 »

Some were better than others. The Court of the Owls was unbelievably boring, But I liked the Joker cover. Probably because I like the Joker! Didn't even get to see how the lobo cover looked in 3D since my LCS only got the 2D cover in.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

I have been lucky enough to get all the 3D covers so far. I think they are really cool looking. As far as the stories go ... some are better than others. It seems really obvious, but I will say it anyway. If you like a particular villain you are much more likely to enjoy the one-shot featuring that character. I find the whole 3D cover situation to be very interesting. Check out this episode of my vlog for the details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjdtqyKtLq8

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

My son has started collecting Green Arrow New 52 books, since he loves the Arrow TV show. I saw the 23.1 3D cover and thought it looked really cool. I didn't buy it right away because I was confused about the numbering and thought I better do some research on the DC website. When I went back the next day, the only copy had been sold. With my 10% discount, I could have grabbed it for $3.59! facepalm

If I see it again that cheap, I will buy it for him. I also buy Batman and Detective books for my kids (and me) but I probably won't try to buy all the Batman related villain covers.

Mkb28

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Crazy prices on Ebay for some of these already...wow

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

So, if you get the chance to buy one, is it worth it, as an investment?
And how do you feel about getting one signed? Would that add, or decrease value of it?
A week from today, the artist Georges Jeanty will be signing when his Joker's Daughter 23.1 comes out. Should I try to be first in line to buy and have it signed? Or, am I getting my panties in a bunch about nothing?

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:So, if you get the chance to buy one, is it worth it, as an investment?
And how do you feel about getting one signed? Would that add, or decrease value of it?
A week from today, the artist Georges Jeanty will be signing when his Joker's Daughter 23.1 comes out. Should I try to be first in line to buy and have it signed? Or, am I getting my panties in a bunch about nothing?
I've been told the jokers daughter is CRAZY on eBay right now.
Like insane. I have not checked, but if you can get one..... Get it.

LABRADORIAN

Post by LABRADORIAN »

for a comic that isnt out yet? good luck to the buyer. I can still buy Joker 3d cover off the shelf, I have 4 of them now, i went back to get Harley Quinn on monday but they were all gone, when i went into the store the day after it came out i just picked it up off the shelf for cover price. The stories are pretty good too, H'el was really good as was Ra's al Ghul, I have 2 copies of Jokers Daughter for my account in 2 stores.

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

I never buy DC books, but in killing time between haircut and dentist appointments I visited a seldom seen shop. They had a bunch of the variants, not sure which ones were better than others (aside from using my ebay app a couple times), I grabbed about 6 books (3 of them being 23.2 books, like Mr.Freeze, the rest being 23.1). There were at least a few 23.1 books from some of the other titles I didn't grab - books I'm not familiar with. I figured at cover price at a minimum I could recoup my losses...

mkb28
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

mkb28 wrote:My son has started collecting Green Arrow New 52 books, since he loves the Arrow TV show. I saw the 23.1 3D cover and thought it looked really cool. I didn't buy it right away because I was confused about the numbering and thought I better do some research on the DC website. When I went back the next day, the only copy had been sold. With my 10% discount, I could have grabbed it for $3.59! facepalm

If I see it again that cheap, I will buy it for him. I also buy Batman and Detective books for my kids (and me) but I probably won't try to buy all the Batman related villain covers.

Mkb28
Well, I ended up finding all 4 of the Batman 3D Villian covers and the Count Vertigo Green Arrow cover and I paid $5.00 each, with the exception of the Joker cover. That one cost me $8.00.

I also picked up 2 of the Detective Villian covers- Bane and Poison Ivy for $3.59 each. They are really cool covers.

Michael
Mkb28