UNITY- VH1, VEI and VFans for Mr.Sunkist!- GOLD WINNER

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
UNITY- VH1, VEI and VFans for Mr.Sunkist!- GOLD WINNER

Post by hawkeyeps »

VH1 creator Janet JayJay Jackson has a little kitty, Mr.Sunkist, who desperately needs our help!

It's time to call in the H.A.R.D.Cats!

Available until the end of November will be a very special signed and numbered print of Josh Deck's Purrbinger Wars: Call In The H.A.R.D.Cats drawing, coloured by JayJay herself! The print will be made easily available for a small donation of $10 to Janet's surgery fund for her best buddy Mr.Sunkist, a real life H.A.R.D.Cat!

This Valiant Fan project for Mr.Sunkist has the full support of VH1 patriarch Jim Shooter and VEI vanguard Dinesh Shamdasani who will both be signing the print along with Josh Deck, Janet Jackson and of course Mr.Sunkist!

Please support Mr.Sunkist and purchase one of these historic VFans prints! There will only be as many copies of this print as are ordered via donations to the cause, so it will be very limited.

As an added bonus those who purchase a print will also be eligible for a draw for some super sweet swag from VEI and VH1 legends Jay Jay Jackson and Jim Shooter!

Prints will be a $10 USD donation to Jay Jay- Paypal jjackson@seriousdesign.com and shipping will be separate and handled by me from Calgary once the project is completed. Include your name, address and shipping info in your Paypal message to Janet, she will forward to me and I will contact and ship to you.

Mr.Sunkist needs another $700 and overages will be donated to Josh Deck's local animal shelter or other related animal cause of his choice.

Please support this worthy cause and purchase one (or more) of these prints, you will own a piece of Valiant history! Did we mention it will be signed by JIM SHOOTER and DINESH SHAMDASANI?

Edit- V2 with Josh's awesome new logo :clap:

Edit- Just got an update from Jay Jay let us know if there are any discrepancies, I'll update here as we go along thanks for the support-

The Beyonder- $20 (you're in Donovan this whole thing started with your post) :thumb:
Magnusr- $50
Greg- $30
Dmezynski- $10
Comicsyte95- $10
D.Beardmore- $10
S.Sahle- $30
JMatt- $10
Nonplayer- $10
Beware Cyclops- $25
SonicDan- $20
M.Hedges- $15 PRINT RECEIVED
Dr.Mirage- $10
C.Robison- $12
Bobby97801-$20
Dino- $100 PRINTS RECEIVED
Newton- $20
Former Reader- $20
J.Best III- $$30
Hulk181man- $20
Nscc-$20
Jkingman- $20
Sir Sandrick- $10
Markrose HFX- $10
J.Tolin- $10
Vaevictis- $200
JonesyAZ- $15

Print sales now ended, thanks for the support everyone. We will start making the prints and I'll be in touch with all of you for shipping (don't worry we designed it to ship cheap :thumb:) -

UPDATE-

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse Jay Jay and Mr.Sunkist, during this last time together she now has extra Vet bills. As Josh has not printed these yet we thought we would continue sales for a little longer as Jay Jay reached out on facebook-

Happy Holidays! Mr. Sunkist is still with us. He is declining but we cuddle him and keep him warm. His brain tumor has been growing at an alarming rate and he gets chilled, but we got a nice warm baby blanket for him and that helps. Unfortunately, the costs keep spiraling and I'm getting behind in work caring for him. But since these are the last things we'll be able to do for him, we take the time. I'm going to have to raise some money for his final expenses, as well, so I'll be selling some of my artwork. I have some painted color pages from Valiant, Milestone, Defiant and Broadway Comics. I'll be posting notices on the Valiant forum, Milestone page and on my Facebook page and Twitter. If anyone is interested, let me know and if you'd like to know my FB or Twitter, here they are: http://www.facebook.com/jayjay.jackson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://twitter.com/JayJayJacksonDH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't forget everybody who can help out and buy a print will be eligible for the draw for a Unity GOLD graciously donated by Dinesh Shamdasani.

Thanks to all for the support in this sad time.
Last edited by hawkeyeps on Fri May 09, 2014 6:45:11 pm, edited 15 times in total.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: UNITY- VH1, VEI and VFans for Mr.Sunkist! HISTORIC LOOK!

Post by lorddunlow »

This. Is. The. Coolest. Thing. Ever.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

lorddunlow wrote:This. Is. The. Coolest. Thing. Ever.
You know it Besty :thumb:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

This is great!

/Magnus

PS, PM sent.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

:high-five:

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

:thumb:

dmezynski
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dmezynski »

:clap:

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

:clap:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

Magnus9178
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Ron Marz

Post by Magnus9178 »

I still have to wait a week before I can donate, hope Mr. Sunkist can hold out :cry:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Thanks for all the positive response so far, everyone - JayJay, Hawkeyeps & I have been working hard to orchestrate & complete this project in order to get some help for Mr Sunkist! Have to shout out a thanks to DrMirage for the assist, and to Dino & Jim Shooter for participating!!

None of it would have happened if it weren't for Hawkeyeps commissioning JayJay to colour my art in the first place, which was his original idea to help her out.

We're still working out some tweaks to the final art, the top logo will be tweaked a bit & I have to work out the final size for this print as well. It may be as large as 11x17, but will likely be slightly smaller than that.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Magnus9178 wrote:I still have to wait a week before I can donate, hope Mr. Sunkist can hold out :cry:
We're running it until the end of November and Mr.Sunkist is having the surgery tomorrow, it can't wait. Janet is still $700, now $600 short since we have at least 10 sold already probably more I'm waiting to hear from Jay Jay I imagine she is busy.

There is lots of time and Josh is tweaking the logos and design as we speak, there will be many updates on this epic project as it rolls along!

Thanks to everyone who can support :thumb:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Alright, count me in.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

I'm in! This is an amazing initiative- congrats to Hawk and JD for this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

Already sent donation, and a little more. Hope it helps. Best wishes Mr.Sunkist !
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Mr.Sunkist is having his surgery today, it could not wait.

I just heard from Janet this morning and she has received several paypals (thanks everybody) she will get back to us tonight or tomorrow and let us know how it went.

We will update everybody on how the surgery went and post up who is getting what, we should also have a total and see how much of the needed $700 we have so far. I'm pretty sure we have sold at least $200 maybe more.

Thanks again for joining us in helping to save Mr.Sunkist's life, it will mean the world to Jay Jay.

Right now all we can do is hope the surgery is a success :hope:

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Get well Mr Sunkist :hope: , i'll definitely be getting one :thumb:
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Here is the original thread posted by Donovan (the Beyonder) that brought it to my attention, in it is a link to Jay Jay's go fund me page which explains Mr.Sunkist's condition and why the surgery was needed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason we used paypal instead of the go fund me page is that Janet can access the funds quicker and more easily, we were running out of time and the surgery could not wait.

He is having the surgery today and we should find out how it went soon.

Thanks again to everybody for supporting this cause, I know we are all hoping for the best :hope:

Newton

Post by Newton »

Cat lovers unite! I wish I had seen this sooner! Good luck Mr. Sunkist!

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Newton wrote:Cat lovers unite! I wish I had seen this sooner! Good luck Mr. Sunkist!
Its not too late! You can order a print until the end of November - if we actually get more orders than we need to raise money for Mr Sunkist, the rest will be donated to a local charity anyway to help out!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

I'm in on this like a bad combover on Donald Trump. Already sent some $ and info. I definitely know how vet bills can hit like a ton of bricks at a moment's notice. :bricks:

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

I've been putting in some hours on making a Purrbinger Wars logo for the print that looks as close to the actual Harbinger logo as possible. Heres an updated version of the print - the new top logo was done from scratch using Adobe Illustrator;

JayJayJackson
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant fan since: 1989
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: David Lapham

Post by JayJayJackson »

Mr. Sunkist's surgery was today and he just got out. The doctor just called a little while ago. He says the surgery went very well, but the tumor was bigger than he thought. He said he was not able to close the area completely and it means that the recovery period will be longer than he anticipated. So we'll have to take him to the vet every week and make sure he keeps the bandage dry and especially keeps it on. But we'll get through this. My poor kitty. I love him so much.

Thank you guys so much! I never could have helped him without your help and the tumor had been getting worse quickly. The doctor said he would not have made it past Christmas. I'm so grateful for everyone's help and support and for your positive thoughts and good wishes. It feels good that I could help my best little buddy. Thank you! You guys are the heroes.

JayJayJackson
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant fan since: 1989
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: David Lapham

Post by JayJayJackson »

I hope you guys didn't think I was a crazy person for posting the old Magnus brochure art. I just thought it was a beautiful and heroic looking piece. lol.

But, seriously, it was so cool coloring over Josh's Purrbinger art and for Jim and Dinesh to also participate in the project and sign the prints is pretty awesome, too. I'm so happy and thankful to be a part of the VALIANT community. Over the years it has been the most positive and cool experience. It was beyond exciting working in the early days on VALIANT and then, later on, seeing the amazing, intelligent and insightful group of fans that Valiant has attracted and getting to know many of the fans who have become friends has been an incredible experience as well. I have been very, very lucky. Thank you guys.

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Mr.Sunkist says thanks everybody-

The Vet clinic still needs more money but they have given Jay Jay some time to pay, we will be running this until the end of November so everybody will have lots of time to help and get one of these great prints.

I know it's super tough for everybody this month as Unity is coming out and million things are going on but the surgery could not wait and we really appreciate those who can take part in saving this little guy :thumb:

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

I'm glad he's on the road of recovery ! I'll get another donation your way soon. I posted this to Valiant Fans Group on Facebook as well, hope that's okay.
Take care and enjoy.
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE