Valiant MAY 2014 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam
Re: Valiant MAY 2014 Solicitations

Post by xodacia81 »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
jmatt wrote:
pixierosa wrote:it's probably polybagged to the average joe doesn't read the extra pages of content, leave it on the shelf, and buy the cheaper version.
Cheaper? Is VEI dabbling with a $4.99 price point for the bagged version? That's a little, I dunno, abusive to the fans. Is that too strong a word? Yeah, yeah, "you don't have to buy it"... but c'mon.
I'll happily pay the extra dollar for one issue, get a better version of my favorite Valiant cover to date, sit down at my kitchen table and rip that polybag open to read the first issue and the extra content and not feel the need to buy any other versions or variants or covers or unopened polybags. But that's me. I mean, 32 pages for $4, versus 48 pages for $5. The division isn't that hard. I'm paying less per page buying the Pullbox Plus edition.
I figure it the same way, as well :thumb:

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

jmatt wrote:
pixierosa wrote:it's probably polybagged to the average joe doesn't read the extra pages of content, leave it on the shelf, and buy the cheaper version.
Cheaper? Is VEI dabbling with a $4.99 price point for the bagged version? That's a little, I dunno, abusive to the fans. Is that too strong a word? Yeah, yeah, "you don't have to buy it"... but c'mon.
That's also the price of the X-O anniversary issue.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

kjjohanson wrote:
jmatt wrote:
That's also the price of the X-O anniversary issue.
Also 48 pages...
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Phoenix8008 wrote: But that's me. I mean, 32 pages for $4, versus 48 pages for $5. The division isn't that hard. I'm paying less per page buying the Pullbox Plus edition.
I have no doubt I'll be buying it, I'm just worried about the slippery slope. I counted Unity pages yesterday at 22. Rai #1 regular will be 32 pages for $3.99?

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

jmatt wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote: But that's me. I mean, 32 pages for $4, versus 48 pages for $5. The division isn't that hard. I'm paying less per page buying the Pullbox Plus edition.
I have no doubt I'll be buying it, I'm just worried about the slippery slope. I counted Unity pages yesterday at 22. Rai #1 regular will be 32 pages for $3.99?
32 pages = 20-24 (usually 22) pages of story/art. That's the standard.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Captain Craig
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

This thread came up most for our talk on Bloodshot cancelled or coming back solo discussion.

Has everyone seen the interview over at Comicvine?
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/inter ... 00-148339/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CV(comicvine): Speaking of Bloodshot, we know BLOODSHOT & H.A.R.D CORPS is coming to an end and then he has the ARMOR HUNTERS mini-series. Do you have any concrete plans for the guy after that?

HG(Hunter Gorinson, Dir.Marketing): We will be making an announcement very soon about where Bloodshot is going…and it's to a prominent spot in the Valiant universe.
Where he is going and it's a prominent spot? Sounds like he's going to UNITY, that's a spot. I was really feeling the return to solo status but now I'm less optimistic of that.

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Captain Craig wrote:This thread came up most for our talk on Bloodshot cancelled or coming back solo discussion.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/inter ... 00-148339/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CV(comicvine): Speaking of Bloodshot, we know BLOODSHOT & H.A.R.D CORPS is coming to an end and then he has the ARMOR HUNTERS mini-series. Do you have any concrete plans for the guy after that?

HG(Hunter Gorinson, Dir.Marketing): We will be making an announcement very soon about where Bloodshot is going…and it's to a prominent spot in the Valiant universe.
Where he is going and it's a prominent spot? Sounds like he's going to UNITY, that's a spot. I was really feeling the return to solo status but now I'm less optimistic of that.
Agreed, think he might be Unity bound for an arc or two. Maybe even to replace Ninjak if he is getting his own title at the end of the Valiant First initiative?
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Phoenix8008
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Keith wrote:
Captain Craig wrote:This thread came up most for our talk on Bloodshot cancelled or coming back solo discussion.

Agreed, think he might be Unity bound for an arc or two. Maybe even to replace Ninjak if he is getting his own title at the end of the Valiant First initiative?
Or to replace X-O if something big/bad happens to him as part of Armor Hunters?
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

If that's the case, is the subtext there "he's not going back to a regular ongoing title"?
If VEI has decided to stick with the 8 or 9 ongoing max for the time being, I'm okay with a hiatus on a Bloodshot title, if it means we get exposure in an ongoing for another character or group. Could be that they're just trying to give a feature to as many different properties as they can, in a way that makes sense in a larger story, and hoping that all leads to growth in sales that will make expansion of the line total more feasible.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

lorddunlow wrote:I will first say that I don't think they are cancelling EW. Having said that, if VEI does cancel it and keeps making Q&W, I will drop my subscriptions at my LCS and either go all digital (and probably wait until a sale) or pick up cheap copies in bargain bins a few months after they come out. Q&W is utter crap. EW is awesome in my opinion.

As I said, I don't think they will cancel EW.
Well, LD, after all these years, did you stick to your guns? I'm finding this old thread kinda fun in light of Bloodshot Rising Spirit reactions lately
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?