Questions about a couple of the upcoming trades

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DIrishB
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ivar
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Questions about a couple of the upcoming trades

Post by DIrishB »

Just had a question as to exactly what issues the upcoming trade collections of X-O Manowar Vol. 6: Prelude to Armor Hunters and Bloodshot Vol. 5: Get Some! will collect. I'm assuming X-O Vol 6 will collect X-O #23-25, and assuming Bloodshot Vol 5 will collect #18-22 and HARD Corps #0. But Archer & Armstrong Vol 5 is also collecting Bloodshot & HC #20-21 as part of the Mission: Improbable crossover arc, so wondering if they're just collecting those issues in both trades.

Bit confused since Amazon's listings/solicits for those newer Valiant trades no longer specifically state which issues are collected (which is very annoying).

Also, the Shadowman - End Times TPB is listed as 104 pages, but it's collecting only the 3 issues, which I believe are 22 pages each. That's 66 pages of story...so are they including 38 pages of supplemental stuff? It'd be cool if the #13X issue was included here. While I have the individual issue I'd love to see the trade program collect everything.
Last edited by DIrishB on Mon May 12, 2014 7:27:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re: Questions about a couple of the upcoming trades

Post by iwantvaliant »

Bloodshot volume 5 will not have the two Mission Improbable issues. 18, 19, 22, 23 & Hard Corps 0. A&A volume 5 is the Mission Improbable arc along with Archer 0.
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

DIrishB

Post by DIrishB »

iwantvaliant wrote:Bloodshot volume 5 will not have the two Mission Improbable issues. 18, 19, 22, 23 & Hard Corps 0. A&A volume 5 is the Mission Improbable arc along with Archer 0.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Wonder if Bleeding Monk #0 will be included in Harbinger Vol. 6.

iwantvaliant

Post by iwantvaliant »

DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:Bloodshot volume 5 will not have the two Mission Improbable issues. 18, 19, 22, 23 & Hard Corps 0. A&A volume 5 is the Mission Improbable arc along with Archer 0.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Wonder if Bleeding Monk #0 will be included in Harbinger Vol. 6.
It will not.
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

DIrishB

Post by DIrishB »

iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
It will not.
How do you know? It hasn't even been solicited yet.

Harbinger Vol 5 doesn't come out until mid-July, so Vol 6 likely won't be out until around November, meaning it's solicitation wouldn't be out until Aug/Sept...unless you're basing your answer off info given by the writer or someone else at Valiant who'd know.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
It will not.

Harbinger Vol 5 doesn't come out until mid-July, so Vol 6 likely won't be out until around November, meaning it's solicitation wouldn't be out until Aug/Sept...unless you're basing your answer off info given by the writer or someone else at Valiant who'd know.
I think he said no because he believes it will be a part of Vol. 5 as part of the "Resistance/Death of a Renegade" arc.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

iwantvaliant

Post by iwantvaliant »

BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
It will not.

I think he said no because he believes it will be a part of Vol. 5 as part of the "Resistance/Death of a Renegade" arc.
I think I said no because I got the volumes confused. Volume 5, according to the last page in Volume 4, will not have Bleeding Monk in it.

Oops.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

iwantvaliant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
It will not.

I think I said no because I got the volumes confused. Volume 5, according to the last page in Volume 4, will not have Bleeding Monk in it.

Oops.
Ok...wait...what?...I'm confused...what just happened?...mommy?...

DIrishB

Post by DIrishB »

iwantvaliant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
It will not.

Oops.
Lol, no worries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they include it in Harbinger Vol. 6, just to appease my completionist mindset in regards to the trades.

BugsySig wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote: Ok, thanks for the clarification. Wonder if Bleeding Monk #0 will be included in Harbinger Vol. 6.
It will not.

Oops.
Well, then, my work is done. ;)

Basically I was asking if the Harbinger - Bleeding Monk #0 issue was going to be included in the Harbinger Vol 6 trade. iwantvaliant said no because he was confusing thinking of Vol. 5, which since it's including the @x and Death of a Renegade issues wouldn't really have room. Hopefully with Harbinger Vol. 6 collecting the post Death of a Renegade issues there'll be room for BM #0.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
DIrishB wrote: Ok, thanks for the clarification. Wonder if Bleeding Monk #0 will be included in Harbinger Vol. 6.
It will not.

Oops.
Lol, no worries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they include it in Harbinger Vol. 6, just to appease my completionist mindset in regards to the trades.

BugsySig wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:
iwantvaliant wrote: It will not.

Oops.
Well, then, my work is done. ;)

Basically I was asking if the Harbinger - Bleeding Monk #0 issue was going to be included in the Harbinger Vol 6 trade. iwantvaliant said no because he was confusing thinking of Vol. 5, which since it's including the @x and Death of a Renegade issues wouldn't really have room. Hopefully with Harbinger Vol. 6 collecting the post Death of a Renegade issues there'll be room for BM #0.
I thought we agreed not to refer to him as "BM" :?

DIrishB

Post by DIrishB »

BugsySig wrote:
DIrishB wrote:Well, then, my work is done. ;)

I thought we agreed not to refer to him as "BM" :?
I must've missed that memo.

In my defense, technically I was referring to the issue (Harbinger - Bleeding Monk #0), not the character himself. ;)