Trade/Hardcover Print Runs?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Zhuge1
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Trade/Hardcover Print Runs?

Post by Zhuge1 »

In the December solicitations thread, it was mentioned that the Archer and Armstrong Deluxe Edition volume 1 was out of print -- in fact, checking Amazon shows that the price for the volume even in used condition is extremely high.

That made me wonder -- what's the typical print run on the deluxe editions?

How about the trade paperbacks, Valiant Masters series, or the Classic Omnibuses for that matter? I notice that the Quantum and Woody Omnibus also seems to be out of print (I was lucky to get one back in February at a reasonable price). Any other collected editions beyond those two that are out of print at this point?

wwise03
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: Free Comic Book Day 2014
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
Re: Trade/Hardcover Print Runs?

Post by wwise03 »

The Archer and Armstrong Vol. 1 being out of print has been vexing me for months now. I have tweeted Dinesh several times about whether they would reprint it and have gotten a response suggesting that "they are trying something new" and "stay tuned for an announcement."

I would just like another print run of the deluxe edition to add to my deluxe collection, but this suggests they will not be doing that. Are they considering something more along the lines of an omnibus?

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

wwise03 wrote:The Archer and Armstrong Vol. 1 being out of print has been vexing me for months now. I have tweeted Dinesh several times about whether they would reprint it and have gotten a response suggesting that "they are trying something new" and "stay tuned for an announcement."

I would just like another print run of the deluxe edition to add to my deluxe collection, but this suggests they will not be doing that. Are they considering something more along the lines of an omnibus?
That's a great question and why I wonder what the original print run is. Also, I'm surprised that they haven't reprinted the Q&W Omnibus since it appears to be out of print; but I guess the workaround for that is the Q&W by Priest and Bright trades that have been released.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

making those hard to get might be a good idea.. Most sales come from tpbs anyways so by there not being copies of the omnibus available could turn them into instant collectibles.
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Aram
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Walking dead style super compendiums would be pretty awesome..

if for no other reason than just that my tpbs would stop falling over. :oops:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Aram wrote:making those hard to get might be a good idea.. Most sales come from tpbs anyways so by there not being copies of the omnibus available could turn them into instant collectibles.
Yeah, but if there's demand for the books and Valiant doesn't put them out, it's sort of like lost money on their part. Are collected editions typically collector's items? I would think individual issues tend to be the items that are more likely to trend up in value.

rentu
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Rai

Post by rentu »

They are out there in the wild still though, I just got one on Wed at retail at the LCS that stocks mostly trades.