How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kryptonitecomics
My posts can all fit in a short box
My First official Post......

Post by kryptonitecomics »

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen and fellow Valiant addicts :D

This is technically my first official post on the forum since my other two were in the trade section. If any of you post on Either the CPG or CGC forum's then I may familiar to you as I use the same ID everywhere including Ebay. 8-)

For those that don't know me, which is probably just about everyone, let me post a little info about me as an ice breaker.

I began collecting comics when I was in the US Army stationed in Germany. As luck would have it my roomate in the barracks was a comic collector and he introduced me to his favorites, which just happened to be Valiants :shock:

So my first comic book purchase was a Rai #3 or maybe #4, this was a few years back so my memory is a little hazy. I pretty much purchased every issue of every title Pre-unity and during Unity, but pretty much moved on to other areas of collecting after that.

Money got tight back in around 94 or 95 and I had to sell all of my comics including my Valiants. Sure even selling them at half price I made a killing back then, but I missed the books.

Sometime around 99 or 2000 I went back and checked the prices on Valiants to find out what a big mistake I had made selling them so cheap. Imagine my shock when I learned you couldn't give Valiant's away for the most part, and those days of $100 issues had long since past.

I was attracted to this site because of a fellow CGC boardmember who just happens to be the moderator of these fine boards (Valiantman).

I look forward to hopefully adding to the flavor and knowledge on these boards so please go easy on the lingo as I have no clue what VVSS or WWSS or any other abbreviation means for that mater.

To continue my return back into the wonderful world of Valiants the right way I went down to my local shop today and picked up the following issues:

Magnus Robot Fighter #4
Magnus Robot Fighter #6
X-O Manowar #1
X-O Manowar #3
X-O Manowar #4
X-O Manowar #5
X-O Manowar #6
X-O Manowar #66
Solar Man Of The Atom #1
Solar Man Of The Atom #2
Solar Man Of The Atom #3
Solar Man Of The Atom #4
Solar Man Of The Atom #5
Solar Man Of The Atom #6
Solar Man Of The Atom #7
Solar Man Of The Atom #8
Solar Man Of The Atom #9
Solar Man Of The Atom #58
Turok #1 Gold

:D :D :D :D :D :D

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Welcome to the discussion part of the boards kryptonitecomics. Those are great buys, espcially solar 7 adn 8 which seems to be hard to find these days.

btw VVSS stands for valiant validated signiture series. Its probably best you dont know more as they are starting to cost as much as anything valiant put out.

kryptonitecomics

I don't currently own signature books, not my cup of tea and all so that's cool.

It's funny that back in the early 90's, I couldn't find a copy of #8, so I went to a show in Germany and met a dealer that said he didn't have one, but that he could probably get one.

I gave him $3.00 and my address so that he could send me one. I forgot all about it and about 4-months later a package arrived and it contained a Solar #8 :shock:

Now that was an honest dealer!!!!! :D

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Shane,

Welcome!

It's cheaper to avoid the VVSS books... but here's the info...
http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/vvsstitle.asp

kryptonitecomics

whoops I bid on a few :shock:

I have to admit that since I spend most of my dollars on GA books, I don't find the VVSS books particular expensive. Now those Unity TPB's that sold on Ebay a few days ago....... :o Now we are talking about some cheddar!!!!

kryptonitecomics

13M :D