VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT February 2019 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by jaden_sai »

https://www.newsarama.com/42810-valiant ... tions.html

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT February 2019 Solicitations

Post by nycjadie »

5 books and a One Dollar Debut. Kind of weird they picked Wrath. Given how cheap those issues go for, I'm not sure anyone would need a $1 copy, but there you go.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Did you read what they said about xo? Did you see the cover with the other armored person, female with a tail. Could that be whats her face from the planet gorum? She does have a tail and a nice sexy bod...
Sana's going to be peeved :high-five:
Im all for this..
I Miss the good old days.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

nonplayer wrote:Did you read what they said about xo? Did you see the cover with the other armored person, female with a tail. Could that be whats her face from the planet gorum? She does have a tail and a nice sexy bod...
Im all for this..

Hey, you don't know

Maybe X-O is all about that.......tail :lol:
Moose

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
nonplayer wrote:Did you read what they said about xo? Did you see the cover with the other armored person, female with a tail. Could that be whats her face from the planet gorum? She does have a tail and a nice sexy bod...
Im all for this..
I am :hope:
Hey, you don't know

Maybe X-O is all about that.......tail :lol:
I Miss the good old days.

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I like the sound of Bloodshot and both new mini's look interesting (I'll trade wait for them).

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

Passing on Incursion, Forgotten Queen (who even comes up with these titles?) and Livewire.
Checked out Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 and it was disappointing. Will trade wait the rest.
Will be getting X-O Manowar but I'm not going to hold my breath for Matt Kindt to stay with Valiant past 25.

Strange to drop a dollar debut book randomly. And one that is probably a dollar in it's original printing.

Bring on Life and Death of Toyo Harada. I need one more Dysart, Warren, Dinesh story in my life.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

It's not random. Incursion revolves around Gilad, I think. The Wrath one-dollar book makes sense, if so.

AnarchoMambo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by AnarchoMambo »

syzhang28 wrote:Passing on Incursion, Forgotten Queen (who even comes up with these titles?) and Livewire.
Checked out Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 and it was disappointing. Will trade wait the rest.
Will be getting X-O Manowar but I'm not going to hold my breath for Matt Kindt to stay with Valiant past 25.

Bring on Life and Death of Toyo Harada. I need one more Dysart, Warren, Dinesh story in my life.
Cool! So when Toyo is complete, and after Matt’s run on XO, there’s probably nothing to keep you hanging around here then right? We’ll sure miss you!

QUARTZ
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by QUARTZ »

syzhang28 wrote: Bring on Life and Death of Toyo Harada. I need one more Dysart, Warren, Dinesh story in my life.
I'm kind of on the same boat, but I will get Incursion too; I love Eternal Warrior when he's done right. If the new Harada story is written to the same caliber as Imperium I have no worries at all that it's going to be great, I loved the short preview we got, but besides that it looks like it's just X-O Manowar for my pull list. I didn't like the new Bloodshot series either and he was my favorite character going in when Valiant was relaunching; Lemire kind of ruined it for me, and the new series seems like watered down garbage to attract new readers to the upcoming movie. It is frustrating to see so many titles come and go (I'm sad that Ninja-K is ending at #14), but at least Valiant seems to keep their comic universe continuity on point.

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

AnarchoMambo wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:Passing on Incursion, Forgotten Queen (who even comes up with these titles?) and Livewire.

Cool! So when Toyo is complete, and after Matt’s run on XO, there’s probably nothing to keep you hanging around here then right? We’ll sure miss you!
:lol:

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Ricomortis wrote:
AnarchoMambo wrote:

What is the problem? What have I done to both of you?

AnarchoMambo
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by AnarchoMambo »

No-no, you’ve got it all wrong! Rico and I are just preemptively lamenting your future absence. I for one will miss you deeply! Since you won’t be reading any more Valiant titles in perhaps 8 months time, nobody in their right mind would linger around lobbing fiery opinions on stuff that they aren’t reading...right?
syzhang28 wrote:Since when can Livewire fly?

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

syzhang28 wrote:
Ricomortis wrote:
AnarchoMambo wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

syzhang28 wrote:What is the problem? What have I done to both of you?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the relentless negativity. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's a little pro-forma at this point.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

jmatt wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the relentless negativity. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's a little pro-forma at this point.
Wow. Ignore the positive posts I make and only focus on the ones where I call out DMG for being what they are. I will not be bullied into a pro DMG stance. I have a feeling that a year from now you'll all be saying that guy knew it way back when.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

syzhang28 wrote:Wow. Ignore the positive posts I make and only focus on the ones where I call out DMG for being what they are. I will not be bullied into a pro DMG stance. I have a feeling that a year from now you'll all be saying that guy knew it way back when.
I enjoy your posts, even the ones I don't necessarily agree with. I appreciate that you put a lot of thought and knowledge into the mix.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Will Definitely Buy:
Incursion #1 (I'm very worried about this due to the last-minute creative team and main character changes, but I'm a sucker for events, so I might as well try it)
X-O Manowar #24 (This looks incredible)

Really Not Sure:
The Forgotten Queen #1 (War-Monger was a s*** character and it's so frustrating and embarrassing that, of all the female characters that could have led a mini-series, this is the one they pick. If I don't at least get the first issue, this will be the first Valiant #1 that I have refused to buy. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were last minute changes to the creative team a month before this is released anyway)
Livewire #3 (Depends on how good the first two issues are)
Bloodshot Rising Spirit #4 (I will be checking out #2, but the jury's out on the rest of the series)
AnarchoMambo wrote:Cool! So when Toyo is complete, and after Matt’s run on XO, there’s probably nothing to keep you hanging around here then right? We’ll sure miss you!
Ricomortis wrote: :lol:
Not cool. So he's negative about the future of Valiant? So is like 90% of our tiny little fanbase. This website isn't for you and/or only people with positive opinions. It's for everyone who wants to talk about Valiant, period. Please stop being gatekeepers.

The Chosen 1
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

syzhang28 wrote:
jmatt wrote:
Wow. Ignore the positive posts I make and only focus on the ones where I call out DMG for being what they are. I will not be bullied into a pro DMG stance. I have a feeling that a year from now you'll all be saying that guy knew it way back when.
No ones bullying you into a pro DMG stance. To even suggest that is pathetic. As JMatt said, the relentless negativity is getting annoying. Yeah, post DMG has everyone worried, but no one carries on about it like you do. I really don’t know why you’re even a fan of Valiant considering how bad they’ve become, in your opinion. And there’s that final bit of over exaggerated negativity, ‘prophesising how you going to be proven right. Give it a rest.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Only five titles (excluding the Dollar Debut) this month and two of them are 4-part minis. Come June there are, at this time, only two ongoing titles that have been solicited. I really hope that the new creative team manages to bulk this out to a higher number (say, 8?) of books by the time we get to June, but given that they'll need to be working on these titles right now to get them ready in time I'm feeling a bit concerned that we haven't heard anything about them yet :(
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

The negativity on War Monger is interesting. It could make this a runway hit if it’s any good.

Visitor
2 posts down, 2 million to go
2 posts down, 2 million to go

Post by Visitor »

nycjadie wrote:The negativity on War Monger is interesting. It could make this a runway hit if it’s any good.
Especially since Captain Marvel suddenly looks like War Monger was her inspiration. :P

https://io9.gizmodo.com/captain-marvels ... 1830587975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

I'm cautiously optimistic about both miniseries. The Forgotten Queen seems like a potential entry point for new fans.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheFerg714 wrote:
AnarchoMambo wrote:Cool! So when Toyo is complete, and after Matt’s run on XO, there’s probably nothing to keep you hanging around here then right? We’ll sure miss you!
Ricomortis wrote: :lol:
Not cool. So he's negative about the future of Valiant? So is like 90% of our tiny little fanbase. This website isn't for you and/or only people with positive opinions. It's for everyone who wants to talk about Valiant, period. Please stop being gatekeepers.
+1 Yeah let’s get off syzhang’s back eh, have a friendly disagreement by all means but there’s a line :?

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

I’m planning to buy all of these titles, although my excitement for them isn’t particularly high. The new guys in charge haven’t inspired confidence so far and the new creators are virtual unknowns. That being said it’s still early days so I’m buckling myself in for the ride!