Deathmate Prologue Printing Error Examples

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

sckao
Deathmate Prologue Printing Error Examples

Post by sckao »

Hi,

Just thought there might be some interest in seeing a couple of printing error examples for Deathmate Prologue. I came across these two books
recently.

http://www.splastic.com/comics/deathmat ... error1.jpg

http://www.splastic.com/comics/deathmat ... error2.jpg

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

Last edited by Vault-Keeper on Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:14:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

No those are the super rare "white" editions that no one has ever seen....oooowwww aaaaahhhhhhh. not dissing you just the idea that printing errors should be considered legit variants... :twisted:

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

No those are the super rare "white" editions that no one has ever seen....oooowwww aaaaahhhhhhh. not dissing you just the idea that printing errors should be considered legit variants...
To help add to the confusion, there's also the Deathmate Prologue White Promo covers that were given away on the Deathmate tour. There's no comic inside the cover, but if it's bagged and boarded, some might think they have another Deathmate variant comic on their hands.

sckao

Post by sckao »

Steve G. wrote:Are these copies just missing the foil on the cover? More info please.---Steve G
Yes, they are complete copies of the books but with bad registration on the foiling. (You can see the word Prologue on the covers twice.) The foil is there on the top but drops off a quarter of the way down the cover.

I wouldn't necessarily call them variants, but I thought they may be of some interest.

That Platinum Bloodshot #0 is also a printing error isn't it?

sckao

Post by sckao »

sckao wrote:
Steve G. wrote:Are these copies just missing the foil on the cover? More info please.---Steve G
Yes, they are complete copies of the books but with bad registration on the foiling. (You can see the word Prologue on the covers twice.) The foil is there on the top but drops off a quarter of the way down the cover.

I wouldn't necessarily call them variants, but I thought they may be of some interest.

On a related note.. I came across another one. So now I have three.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

DawgPhan wrote:No those are the super rare "white" editions that no one has ever seen....oooowwww aaaaahhhhhhh. not dissing you just the idea that printing errors should be considered legit variants... :twisted:
Are they variations to the 'standard book' printed at the time? Yes. Are they INTENDED variations? No. Therefore, calling them variants, as if they have equal status with a planned, ACTUAL variant, is dangerous. Pretty soon, you'll have people hyped into spending lots more money than they should, because someone else convinced them it was a 'variant'.

Just call them errors and be done with it. People pay money for errors in other fields....calling them variants makes them sound like they were planned.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

sckao wrote:
sckao wrote:

On a related note.. I came across another one. So now I have three.
you have 3 bloodshot platinums? wow that is pretty cool...

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

I'd love to see a scan of the third printing error you found

sckao

Post by sckao »

dino wrote:I'd love to see a scan of the third printing error you found
http://www.splastic.com/comics/deathmat ... error3.jpg