Anyone know what happened to the Second Life of Dr. Mirage (VH1) original cover art?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jcdenton
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Anyone know what happened to the Second Life of Dr. Mirage (VH1) original cover art?

Post by jcdenton »

Back in high school I heard a local comics shop was getting their hands on the original cover art of Second Life of Dr. Mirage #1 (I believe this was before the first issue had even been released), so I called them up and they confirmed they would indeed be selling it as soon as it arrives, at the price of $2,000. So I told them I will buy it, and to call me as soon as it arrives, and gave them my contact info.

I then saved up my money (and sold most of my X-Men issues) and raised the $2k, and awaited their call... which never came.

BTW this store sold lots of original Valiant art which apparently came directly from Valiant, and apparently the owners were friends with some of the Valiant higher-ups so it was definitely legit, but they just dropped the ball or whatever when it came to contacting me. Or maybe they could tell I was a kid and just decided to blow me off.

Anyway I always wondered what happened to that cover art, and what it would be worth today.