Valiant HARBINGER #1 limited edition shoes

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

metahumans
paulsmith56 is my hero
paulsmith56 is my hero
Valiant fan since: January 1992 Harbinger 1
Favorite character: RAI
Favorite title: Harbinger 1
Favorite writer: David michiline
Favorite artist: Lapham and Layton
Valiant HARBINGER #1 limited edition shoes

Post by metahumans »

The classic Harbinger #1 iconic cover for the first time ever on a shoe! Officially licensed and limited to only 200 pairs made.

https://www.terrestro.com/shop/p/valian ... ve-slip-on

There’s possibility for other iconic covers or characters to get their own different style shoe in the future as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Re: Valiant HARBINGER #1 limited edition shoes

Post by magnus20009 »

It would be nice if VEI would focus on fixing/making comics then spending time on licensing images for 200 pairs of shoes.

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

metahumans wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:05:07 am The classic Harbinger #1 iconic cover for the first time ever on a shoe! Officially licensed and limited to only 200 pairs made.

https://www.terrestro.com/shop/p/valian ... ve-slip-on

There’s possibility for other iconic covers or characters to get their own different style shoe in the future as well.

maybe DMG/Valiant can complete their Kickstarter, or at least respond to the people asking about it. Pre-ordering anything Valiant-related seems stupid while there's an existing pre-order endeavor they still haven't filled.

DMG/Valiant really has pooped on their fans.
Last edited by slack on Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:13:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

slack wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:42:16 am First, this isn't a published issue... it's an ad for a shoe pre-order.

Beyond that, maybe they can complete their Kickstarter, or at least respond to the people asking about it. Pre-ordering anything Valiant-related seems stupid while there's an existing pre-order endeavor they still haven't filled.

Topic has been moved out of the Published Issues category.

Physically delivering the Kickstarter books directly to hundreds of houses is not too much to ask, but it is much harder than saying "yeah, you can make shoes" and then letting that shoe/middleman company do all the actual work.

slack

Post by slack »

greg wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:35:51 am
slack wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:42:16 am First, this isn't a published issue... it's an ad for a shoe pre-order.

Beyond that, maybe they can complete their Kickstarter, or at least respond to the people asking about it. Pre-ordering anything Valiant-related seems stupid while there's an existing pre-order endeavor they still haven't filled.

Physically delivering the Kickstarter books directly to hundreds of houses is not too much to ask, but it is much harder than saying "yeah, you can make shoes" and then letting that shoe/middleman company do all the actual work.
thanks, I edited my comment here for clarity, with new location.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Kickstarter fulfillment companies exist that handle all of that if they are provided with a product.

Those are some ugly shoes. :?

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

The shoes are dumb. They lack creativity and inspiration. It’s simply a logo and an oft printed image on a pair of cheap shoes. It could be a Starry Night or Waterlilies.

GammaJosh
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

Ryan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:10:25 pm

Kickstarter fulfillment companies exist that handle all of that if they are provided with a product.

Multiple people (including myself) with plenty of experience have reached out and offered to fulfill the campaign for them. The files are print ready. The expertise is readily available. DMG just doesn't want to spend the money. Period.

GammaJosh
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

Correct. They could spend five minutes on Google and find a company to handle this for them. But if that's too much, multiple people (including myself) with plenty of experience have reached out to them and offered to fulfill the campaign for them.

The files are print ready. The expertise is readily available. DMG just doesn't want to spend the money. Period.

slack

Post by slack »

GammaJosh wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:45:07 pm

Correct. They could spend five minutes on Google and find a company to handle this for them. But if that's too much, multiple people (including myself) with plenty of experience have reached out to them and offered to fulfill the campaign for them.

The files are print ready. The expertise is readily available. DMG just doesn't want to spend the money. Period.
Has Kickstarter responded to anyone after reporting?

I reported a different project, and got a response from Kickstarter the very next day.
Myself and multiple people have previously reported the Valiant project, and I've STILL heard nothing from Kickstarter about it.