Book of The Geomancers

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Book of The Geomancers

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I'd like to see a Book of The Geomancers series which focus is solely to catalog the story of the VALIANT Universe from the eyes and ears and first experiences of different Geomancers throughout time. From the first to the one in the 41st Century.

See the rise of immortals, Harbingers, and other beings that exist in the VALIANT Universe, and the effect they had on human history.

It could include new material as well as reprinted pages from existing comics that have entirely new narration boxes that put everything into a linear story.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa
Re: Book of The Geomancers

Post by The Chosen 1 »

That's a pretty cool idea. I love reading backstories on characters. It could even lead into an event in the 41st Century, similar to Rai #0
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:08:05 pm That's a pretty cool idea. I love reading backstories on characters. It could even lead into an event in the 41st Century, similar to Rai #0
Yeah, that would be cool.

It should be an anthology about different Geomancers from across time. Some good, some bad. And it should not be afraid of being grim and gritty.

Like there could be stories set about the Geomancer of the 1940s showing the events from World War 2, not just the ones concerning Harada but elsewhere at the same time.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:08:05 pm That's a pretty cool idea.
+1

/Magnus

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

One of the few post-Chaos Effect comics I've still never read is Geomancer. I thought it contradicted Rai 0, but maybe I was wrong.

The established Geomancers off the top of my head are Buck McHenry, Geoff McHenry, Rokland Tate, the woman who trained Rokland from Magnus 16... :hm: Who were the others? Cool Idea! :thumb:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:57:29 amWho were the others?
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/geomancers/4060-60275/

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:57:29 am One of the few post-Chaos Effect comics I've still never read is Geomancer. I thought it contradicted Rai 0, but maybe I was wrong.

The established Geomancers off the top of my head are Buck McHenry, Geoff McHenry, Rokland Tate, the woman who trained Rokland from Magnus 16... :hm: Who were the others? Cool Idea! :thumb:
Thanks!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:04:26 am

/Magnus
https://the-book-of-geomancer.fandom.co ... ?so=search

I made that one for the Wiki back in the day, heh. VH 1 only, though.

GammaJosh
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

I thought this was going to be a thread asking Alien to finally publish a collection of the Legends of the Geomancer. Now with a new publisher involved I think it would be the right time. That was a great series and deserves to find a wider audience.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

GammaJosh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:58:09 am I thought this was going to be a thread asking Alien to finally publish a collection of the Legends of the Geomancer. Now with a new publisher involved I think it would be the right time. That was a great series and deserves to find a wider audience.
Maybe they can reprint select pages so as to keep their vow never to reprint it? Change the context?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:19:29 am

/Magnus

Thanks for sharing. That comicvine page is seriously messed up. It looks like they're calling the 90's universe "Valiant Entertainment (VH1)", and VEI is "Valiant Universe (VH2)" facepalm :lol:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13:04 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:19:29 am

/Magnus

Thanks for sharing. That comicvine page is seriously messed up. It looks like they're calling the 90's universe "Valiant Entertainment (VH1)", and VEI is "Valiant Universe (VH2)" facepalm :lol:
:lol:

GammaJosh
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:10:36 pm
GammaJosh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:58:09 am I thought this was going to be a thread asking Alien to finally publish a collection of the Legends of the Geomancer. Now with a new publisher involved I think it would be the right time. That was a great series and deserves to find a wider audience.
Maybe they can reprint select pages so as to keep their vow never to reprint it? Change the context?
Those books aren't worth anything anyway so I really don't see a compelling reason not to reprint them in a collection. At least not when weighed against sharing a good story with a lot more people who never got to read it.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

GammaJosh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:05:48 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:10:36 pm
Those books aren't worth anything anyway so I really don't see a compelling reason not to reprint them in a collection. At least not when weighed against sharing a good story with a lot more people who never got to read it.
True.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

In a similar vein, I've always wanted to see (or make) a Rai series that focused on the origins of the Rai lineage and the early Rais. Something like Romance of the Three Kingdoms meets Metabarons, but fitting in with Rai 0 and everything that had been established in VH1. So much potential for that property with Samurais, Ronin, Ninja, Harbingers, ect. in an Eastern sci-fi setting.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:45:07 pm In a similar vein, I've always wanted to see (or make) a Rai series that focused on the origins of the Rai lineage and the early Rais. Something like Romance of the Three Kingdoms meets Metabarons, but fitting in with Rai 0 and everything that had been established in VH1. So much potential for that property with Samurais, Ronin, Ninja, Harbingers, ect. in an Eastern sci-fi setting.
That would be cool.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:19:29 am https://the-book-of-geomancer.fandom.co ... ?so=search

Your Wiki is amazing, such a good resource. :clap: Did you make a Solar page and take it down, or just never make one since they didn't have his rights?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:36:53 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:19:29 am https://the-book-of-geomancer.fandom.co ... ?so=search

Your Wiki is amazing, such a good resource. :clap: Did you make a Solar page and take it down, or just never make one since they didn't have his rights?
I was not allowed to make pages for Solar, Magnus, or Turok. Someone made them, though, but I don't recall if it was for this site of the official one. It may have been the latter.

I think some of the pages on my site vanished or something, not sure. The people that run the VALIANT Fandom page asked to copy them and I gave them access, and they may have deleted them afterward or something. Not sure what happeend.

Just earlier today I noticed that their page for VH 1 Flamingo has the same summaries I wrote, heh.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19:43 pm

I was not allowed to make pages for Solar, Magnus, or Turok. Someone made them, though, but I don't recall if it was for this site of the official one. It may have been the latter.

I think some of the pages on my site vanished or something, not sure. The people that run the VALIANT Fandom page asked to copy them and I gave them access, and they may have deleted them afterward or something. Not sure what happeend.

Just earlier today I noticed that their page for VH 1 Flamingo has the same summaries I wrote, heh.
Nice. That would suck if they deleted stuff though.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:53:30 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19:43 pm

Nice. That would suck if they deleted stuff though.
Yeah.

Far as I know I still have the files in case it needed to be rebuilt.