I know they both smashed robots in Unity but

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: I know they both smashed robots in Unity but

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:46:14 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:18:04 pm
jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:34:44 pm What we read in the Harbinger books is about the first generation of Harbingers. How many second generation Harbies do we know of? I can think of only Magnus ands Rai jr.. Magnus' son Torque is 3rd gen. Perhaps second gens don't need popping. :?
That should have been covered in a proper telling of the Harbinger Wars.
No doubt. Some of the rules around Harbingers would probably have evolved by that time. Another one to add to the list, a proper telling of the VH1 Harbinger Wars :)
For sure.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

jakgrimm
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jakgrimm »

I seem to recall in Rai 0 one of Petey's ancestors having a thousand yard stare while still in diapers. Like they have become aware and are in full access of their abilities. Levitating the blocks even (maybe)
Time to take a dump. -Torque

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:29:27 pm I seem to recall in Rai 0 one of Petey's ancestors having a thousand yard stare while still in diapers. Like they have become aware and are in full access of their abilities. Levitating the blocks even (maybe)
Page 13, though not quite diapers he's levitating a toy train .

Wait someone is holding it....

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Screenshot 2024-02-08 002339.png

Could Gilad have done that? I don't think so 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:53:33 am Not saying that they're equal but remember when Gilad held that bridge against Genghis Khan? The bodies were piled high.....
Ah yes, had forgotten about that one.

/Magnus

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:28:40 am Screenshot 2024-02-08 002339.png

:hm:

The XO Manowar Yearbook shows them fighting. XO does seem superiour, though Gilad is not really commited to the fight.

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:34:22 pm
jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:29:27 pm I seem to recall in Rai 0 one of Petey's ancestors having a thousand yard stare while still in diapers. Like they have become aware and are in full access of their abilities. Levitating the blocks even (maybe)

His grandson. Someone is holding the train, but, presumably, he's an Omega like Peter, no?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Sure, why not?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:41:36 am

Sure, why not?
I would think Magnus' Harbinger ability to make his skin steel-hard is what allows him to pierce through X-O's armor. While Gilad is very strong and ultra-durable, I don't see him as being able to punch through 2 layers of alien armor bare-handed.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

magnusr wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23:16 am

The XO Manowar Yearbook shows them fighting. XO does seem superiour, though Gilad is not really commited to the fight.

/Magnus
:hm: I guess it hasn't been proven that Gilad couldn't punch through X-O's armor if he tried. There is this:
Screenshot 2024-02-08 092611.png

Not quite as difficult though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

Agreed. It seems like Magnus is the stronger and Erica agrees. While having them on her screen she says Gilad is cunning and a long term threat but doesn't have the raw might to do any damage right away. And while Magnus does possess that might he can be countered with the same (not sure what 'same' she is referring to - maybe also raw might)

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:28:09 am
magnusr wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23:16 am

/Magnus
:hm: I guess it hasn't been proven that Gilad couldn't punch through X-O's armor if he tried. There is this:

Screenshot 2024-02-08 092611.png

Not quite as difficult though.

You guys are the best.

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:41:08 am

His grandson. Someone is holding the train, but, presumably, he's an Omega like Peter, no?
Indeed that's what I believe so his line continues and his kin can participate in the Harby wars.

Pete was meant to be gay so maybe he smashed Kris before that and got her preggo. Rereading Harby 0 he's always getting dressed or in bed with Joe Irons.

Did he hook up with Ken in New Orleans that time? lol
Last edited by jakgrimm on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:35:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:20:35 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:41:36 am

Sure, why not?
I would think Magnus' Harbinger ability to make his skin steel-hard is what allows him to pierce through X-O's armor. While Gilad is very strong and ultra-durable, I don't see him as being able to punch through 2 layers of alien armor bare-handed.
Fist and Steel of the Earth, man.

I'd argue that Magnus' ability makes him Gilad's equal, not superior.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:32:23 am
Indeed that's what I believe so his line continues and his kin can participate in the Harby wars.

Pete was meant to be gay so maybe he smashed Kris before that and got her preggo. Rereading Harby 0 he's always getting dressed or in bed with Joe Irons.

:lol: Who did Pete have kids with to continue his line?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:32:33 am Fist and Steel of the Earth, man.

:hm: We need evidence of Gilad punching through extremely hard objects. Magnus did it routinely.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Heh.

Though he did use his powers to control Kris, and may have even slept with her, the text in Rai #0 strongly indicates that she is not related to the children he leaves in her care, so she's "not the momma".

I imagine that had things not gone off the rails with Harbinger that, at some point, Peter would have met the future mother of his child.

It cannot be Charlene either despite their strong connection in The Visitor given that she marries Archer.

I doubt it was Faith. So, it must have been someone we never met.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:45:27 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:32:33 am Fist and Steel of the Earth, man.

:hm: We need evidence of Gilad punching through extremely hard objects. Magnus did it routinely.
I can't check their fight in the X-O Manowar Yearbook right now. If one of you has it handy, maybe you can check if Gilad caused any damage to the Good Skin using his bare hands.

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:47:29 am

Heh.

Though he did use his powers to control Kris, and may have even slept with her, the text in Rai #0 strongly indicates that she is not related to the children he leaves in her care, so she's "not the momma".

I imagine that had things not gone off the rails with Harbinger that, at some point, Peter would have met the future mother of his child.

It cannot be Charlene either despite their strong connection in The Visitor given that she marries Archer.

I think you got it right. If Harby was not all over the place by the end they could have....eh....fleshed out that story line. Him and mingo were tight but right, she marries Archer and Pete disappears. Maybe somebody took his blood or he does it for the cause

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:30:19 am

Heh.

I think you got it right. If Harby was not all over the place by the end they could have....eh....fleshed out that story line. Him and mingo were tight but right, she marries Archer and Pete disappears. Maybe somebody took his blood or he does it for the cause
From Rai #0, we know he has a daughter-in-law and grandchildren. The clear inference and conclusion is that he had a son. His descendants were Omegas like him, so they carried his gene.

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:48:39 am

I can't check their fight in the X-O Manowar Yearbook right now. If one of you has it handy, maybe you can check if Gilad caused any damage to the Good Skin using his bare hands.
Just checked and Gilly manages to hit XO once, with a rock lol

no damage

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:50:40 am
jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:30:19 am

Heh.

From Rai #0, we know he has a daughter-in-law and grandchildren. The clear inference and conclusion is that he had a son. His descendants were Omegas like him, so they carried his gene.
Love chatting with you guys! You notice so many things and make others notice things as well. I always thought Kris opened a nursery or something with as many kids as they show her with, and it makes sense that the loss of her own son would leave a void to be filled by them.

But it does not say that. So you can infer all the kids shown are Pete's grandkids. I count at least two boys, maybe three if not it's a girl! And you can see the daughter-in-law in the background changing diapers! Or it could be random kids and a friend who stopped by lol

And the way it's written makes it seem like Kris is not the Gramma otherwise they would have said it.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:57:24 am

no damage
Maybe he should have tried using his hand, lol.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:12:43 am Love chatting with you guys! You notice so many things and make others notice things as well. I always thought Kris opened a nursery or something with as many kids as they show her with, and it makes sense that the loss of her own son would leave a void to be filled by them.

But it does not say that. So you can infer all the kids shown are Pete's grandkids. I count at least two boys, maybe three if not it's a girl! And you can see the daughter-in-law in the background changing diapers! Or it could be random kids and a friend who stopped by lol

And the way it's written makes it seem like Kris is not the Gramma otherwise they would have said it.
Indeed, heh.

I do take it to mean that they are all Peter's grandchildren. It's easy to belief it's just the baby that looks like him because he is shown so prominently, but the text does say "grandchildren". And because it does mention his daughter-in-law, it makes sense to conclude that is the woman changing the diapers.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:14:27 am
jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:57:24 am

no damage
Maybe he should have tried using his hand, lol.
heh heh. We could also wonder what was the density of X-O's armor? It's obviously not earth metal since it's an organic alien material. Maybe it was slimy and somewhat gelatinous, like when it wraps around his body? Maybe he could make it harder through how he concentrated?