The ‘tell Alien which Valiant book needs fixing’ poll

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Which character/team needs fixing most?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:25:23 pm

Harbinger
44%
Bloodshot
No votes
Ninjak
6%
Savage
19%
Psi Lords
31%
Someone else (say who in the comments)
No votes

Total votes: 16

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: The ‘tell Alien which Valiant book needs fixing’ poll

Post by TheFerg714 »

Chiclo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27:39 pm
No, because I don't have Facebook because I am not a 14 year old girl and I don't have grandkids that I want to hear about.

Although, the 14 year old girl thing might not be the most current thing. I think they are on something else, like the instant grahams. And the tick tock. Whatever. I am still not on facebook.
Pretty sure Facebook is for old people now :?
syzhang28 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:34:52 am Can they answer be Dan Ward? Did you see the incredibly rude response she just posted on Facebook?
What'd she say? I'd be surprised if it was actually "incredibly rude."

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

TheFerg714 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47:09 pm
Chiclo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27:39 pm
No, because I don't have Facebook because I am not a 14 year old girl and I don't have grandkids that I want to hear about.

Although, the 14 year old girl thing might not be the most current thing. I think they are on something else, like the instant grahams. And the tick tock. Whatever. I am still not on facebook.
Pretty sure Facebook is for old people now :?
syzhang28 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:34:52 am Can they answer be Dan Ward? Did you see the incredibly rude response she just posted on Facebook?
What'd she say? I'd be surprised if it was actually "incredibly rude."
Facebook has a wider age range than any other social media platform that I'm on and has a LOT of comic book groups (companies, creators, eras. characters, and so) and you would be surprised by the sheer amount of artwork from creators like the late and great Geroge Perez, John Byrne, Jim Starlin, BWS, Alex Ross, Bryan Hitch, John Cassaday and many more I seen just in my feed in this week alone. They are covers, pin-ups, posters, sketches, full pages, and photos.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17:28 pm Yeah there’s some shockers there, I’d put Psi Lords alongside them though :P
lol which ones are the shockers?

The ones I listed are what I consider to be the F-tier. Psi-Lords would be in the C-tier, alongside stuff like Eternal Warrior: Sword of the Wild, Dr. Mirage, Gen. Zero, Harbinger Renegade, Harbinger Wars II, The Harbinger, Armorclads, and The Visitor.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheFerg714 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56:24 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17:28 pm Yeah there’s some shockers there, I’d put Psi Lords alongside them though :P

The ones I listed are what I consider to be the F-tier. Psi-Lords would be in the C-tier, alongside stuff like Eternal Warrior: Sword of the Wild, Dr. Mirage, Gen. Zero, Harbinger Renegade, Harbinger Wars II, The Harbinger, Armorclads, and The Visitor.
The 2 x Bloodshot series were shockers as was XO and Savage. Forgotten Queen was readable, can barely remember Livewire series 2 (having the non binary dude during peak woke period is the only thing that I recall). Was there a 3rd volume?

Eternal Warrior Sword of the Wild was a deep cut (no pun intended) from 2014 …I remember it being ok?

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

TheFerg714 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56:24 pm

I liked Sword of the Wild and Harbinger Renegade. Rest I wish never happened. Except which Dr. Mirage? I love the VEI one.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:02:37 am
I liked Sword of the Wild and Harbinger Renegade. Rest I wish never happened. Except which Dr. Mirage? I love the VEI one.
I like Sword of the Wild and Renegade too, but there's a reason they're in the C-tier. The lore in 'Sword' is nonsense, and was rightfully dropped like a rock, plus the story is just kind of uninspired. Eternal Emperor is a huge improvement imo.

Renegade, on the other hand, has some wonderful ideas and new characters, but fails in execution with absolutely horrid action scenes, bad artwork, and a stupid release schedule. Worst of all, all of those wonderful ideas and characters are completely forgotten/ignored by the time HW2 rolls around.

As for Doc Mirage, I'm actually talking about the VEI and DMG series. I find the Van Meter run to be way too wordy, schmaltzy, and the art to be sloppy and incomprehensible at times. I like the Visaggio run quite a bit, but it fundamentally alters the character in a negative way imo.