House of M

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

svair
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
Valiant fan since: inception
House of M

Post by svair »

who has started reading house of m?

I like it so far

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

It wasn't bad. Magneto didn't sound like Magneto, and I don't follow the Avengers so a little bit was kind of new to me, and it seems the end was abit confusing (I don't know if this was on purpose or because I don't read the Avengers titles) BUT I did like Wolverine's characterization. A very serious problem going on, and he's propped up on the table munching pizza - CLASSIC! I'll keep reading this, but I'm not going for all the tie-ins. Just like DC's Infinite Crisis stuff, I'll probably pick up the related mini-series, but not all the individual issue ties.

As far as summer events go, I thing DC will blow Marvel out of the water, but I could be wrong... (as I often am)

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

daydreamscomics
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by daydreamscomics »

yeah only time will tell how this goes.

interesting concept from what i've read about it, but you don't get a whole lot in the first issue, for obvious reasons. it's either going to be completely awesome or completely *SQUEE*. i have hope since bendis is writing it though...

Dr. Phil Seleski
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Dr. Phil Seleski »

Yeah I think the story is pretty good so far. I was wondering about the very end too. It's apparent that Peter Parker woke up with a new set of memories or whatever but... Like -slym said I'm not going to go nuts and buy all the books involved. I'll probably just stick with the main storyline.

But I have been buying up all the DC Infinite Crisis books and tie-ins. It just gets so damn expensive week after week. And DC raising the book prices didn't help out.

daydreamscomics

Dr. Phil Seleski wrote:Yeah I think the story is pretty good so far. I was wondering about the very end too. It's apparent that Peter Parker woke up with a new set of memories or whatever but... Like -slym said I'm not going to go nuts and buy all the books involved. I'll probably just stick with the main storyline.

But I have been buying up all the DC Infinite Crisis books and tie-ins. It just gets so damn expensive week after week. And DC raising the book prices didn't help out.
i don't think it's so much a new set of memories as it is a new life. what i got was that everyone's lives are going to be changed to fulfill their greatest hopes and dreams as they had envisioned them. so kinda new memories, but also new lives. that's why i want issue #2! because you will know if the heroes realize it or not as soon as peter sees the blonde in his bed or realizes he's feeding a child he's never fathered...

should be interesting...and hopefully not lame :D

Dr. Phil Seleski

I forgot where I read this but I think it will be Wolverine who figures it out first.

He gets to be like Nick Fury and something just isn't making sense and the "curtain" drops.

svair

Post by svair »

daydreamscomics wrote:
Dr. Phil Seleski wrote:Yeah I think the story is pretty good so far. I was wondering about the very end too. It's apparent that Peter Parker woke up with a new set of memories or whatever but... Like -slym said I'm not going to go nuts and buy all the books involved. I'll probably just stick with the main storyline.

i don't think it's so much a new set of memories as it is a new life. what i got was that everyone's lives are going to be changed to fulfill their greatest hopes and dreams as they had envisioned them. so kinda new memories, but also new lives. that's why i want issue #2! because you will know if the heroes realize it or not as soon as peter sees the blonde in his bed or realizes he's feeding a child he's never fathered...

I think your right..its like an alternate reality Wanda Maximoff style...

I hope its not too similar to age of apocalypse..

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

svair wrote:
daydreamscomics wrote:

I think your right..its like an alternate reality Wanda Maximoff style...

That's just what I was thinking, Svair....another AoA type of story. However, I'd like to see more of the Spiderman (House of M) story line. It looks like he's married to that slu...I mean Gwen :P

Anyways so far it does seem interesting. :thumb:

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

It better be a good read.... I have all the House of M titles on my pull list. :hope:

This and I'm reading most of the Infinite Crisis tie-in books and minis. :|

Bye bye money, bye bye.

daydreamscomics

lobo wrote:It better be a good read.... I have all the House of M titles on my pull list. :hope:

This and I'm reading most of the Infinite Crisis tie-in books and minis. :|

Bye bye money, bye bye.
i will give you guys all 10% off cover + free bags and boards if you buy all the house of m books from me :thumb:

that goes for any other monthly titles as well...figure i can help you save a little something...

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

My LCS already gives me a discount, but thanks for the offer. I know a lot of shops don't offer any discount at all, so that's a very gracious offer!

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

svair

Post by svair »

Oh Great...
just read Last Hero Standing...

who's in it...Wanda Maximoff....

set a few years in future...spider-girl is in it and Pete Parker...

and an aging Captain America...

Wanda in a hospital bed for few years it seems...

well I guess even if they do kill her off...Marvel will bring her back...

where is Valiant when you need it!!! if you die...your dead!!!!

cptfishstick
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: VH1 X-O
Favorite writer: Rick Remender
Favorite artist: Bill Sienkiewicz

Post by cptfishstick »

Its interesting, but I fear what this might do to normal Marvel Continuity. Hasn't peter had enough Gwen Stacy related trauma in the last year?

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

cptfishstick wrote:Its interesting, but I fear what this might do to normal Marvel Continuity. Hasn't peter had enough Gwen Stacy related trauma in the last year?
Actually, Peter can never get enough of that slu....I mean Gwen. Marvel
will milk the Gwen story lines forever. Not bad considering the character is actually dead :P

speedracex

Post by speedracex »

Issue 2 was great, they really opened up some great alternate storylines.....I thought Spider-man house of M was very inteeresting as well

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

I have House of M Amazing Spider-Man on my monthly pull list. Glad to hear it doesn't suck. House of M #1 was slow and uneventfull. I miss the days of Infinity Gaulent type events.
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

svair wrote:I think your right..its like an alternate reality Wanda Maximoff style...

The local quote is that it's the "Happy Age Of Apocalypse".

Reality warping mutant alters the entire world? Check.

Mutants rule the world? Check.

Mutant villain running the show? Check.

Humans generally treated liek dirt/cattle/etc.? Check.

Alternate versions of every hero they can milk a buck out of? Check.

Dark, gloomy storyline? Main book only.

And heck, they're doing it RIGHT AFTER they did the "10th Anniversary of Age Of Apocalypse" titles.
Chuck wrote:However, I'd like to see more of the Spiderman (House of M) story line. It looks like he's married to that slu...I mean Gwen :P
Hey! Let's not open THAT can of worms again... :twisted:

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

:twisted: :thumb:

cptfishstick
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: VH1 X-O
Favorite writer: Rick Remender
Favorite artist: Bill Sienkiewicz

Post by cptfishstick »

I guess I'm going to have to take a different tone then most of you. I personally thought House of M #2 was a waste of my money.

Another 24 page comic with no story. Everything that happened in this comic could have been summed up in one comic page written by someone else. All the comic stated was that the world was a different place, an alternate universe in which things were different. You know, because thats such a revolutionary idea. Forget Heros Reborn, 1602, The Ultimate Universe, the What if's, The Time Slip, or even Elseworlds... Because once you do You might actually think House of M is original. It doesn't take a genious to reinvision what the Marvel Universe would be like were it a little different. No story elements were really revealed in all 24 pages. No it purley served to demonstrate how different our favorite characters lives were in this one world. There was one page, A whole Page! devoted to demonstrating that Colossus was a farmer. Several Pannels showing yet closer views of colossus draging equipment. The only text on the page was the Word Russia. Thats poor writing, a waste of a page, and an insult to fans spending $3.00. I'm done with house of M.

Don't get me wrong, if any of you guys like house of M, thats cool, And please keep buying it. I just don't like it at all.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

cptfishstick wrote:Another 24 page comic with no story. Everything that happened in this comic could have been summed up in one comic page written by someone else.
That pretty much sums up 95% of the stuff put out by Marvel and DC. If anyone can point me in the direction of comics WITH a story, it would be appreciated. What fits so far: Walking Dead, Usagi Yojimbo, Invincible, Noble Causes, Simpsons Comics
ASM Crossover Home

Dr. Phil Seleski

I felt the same way about issue 2 cptfishstick. A whole lot of nothing happened. I refuse to buy any of the tie-ins for this mini-series for fear of the same.

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

400yrs wrote:That pretty much sums up 95% of the stuff put out by Marvel and DC. If anyone can point me in the direction of comics WITH a story, it would be appreciated. What fits so far: Walking Dead, Usagi Yojimbo, Invincible, Noble Causes, Simpsons Comics
Hellblazer, JSA, all of the Seven Soldiers books, Y: The Last Man, and Gotham Central, to name a few.

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Byrneout wrote:
Chuck wrote:However, I'd like to see more of the Spiderman (House of M) story line. It looks like he's married to that slu...I mean Gwen :P
Hey! Let's not open THAT can of worms again... :twisted:
Man, is she like the poster-*SQUEE* for the Marvel Universe now or what?

"I screw one supervillian . . ."
-- G. Stacy
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...

Post by Byrneout »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:Man, is she like the poster-*SKREE* for the Marvel Universe now or what?

-- G. Stacy
That's the best way I think I've heard it summed up so far. :)

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Byrneout wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:Man, is she like the poster-*SKREE* for the Marvel Universe now or what?

-- G. Stacy
That's the best way I think I've heard it summed up so far. :)
It sounds like she's talking to me :P