Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #17

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes
17%
33%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 6

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Eternal Warrior #17

Post by xoken »

I thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Eternal Warrior #17

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I gave it a 7. Pretty good action, but the story seemed a little slow. The ol' 30 silver coins storyline ... hmmm.

The new characters seem out of place, and Geoff seems too flighty for Gilad to trust explicitly. Art is good old house style.

A solid comic, but not a great one.

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

I love this prologue. Peter thinks HE betrayed Jesus while running past Judas :) . Gilad viewing the crucifixtion but having no idea why it's significant. It's nice to avoid the cliche of having your immortal be best friends with every famous person in history.

The main story has good dialog. The thirty pieces of silver quest is a great idea. I love the Earth elemental.

Still the art isn't as good as previous issues and this is the most traditional comic book supervillian than Gilad's faced before. It feels just a little out of place in this book. And the quest isn't as epic or interesting as I had hoped. We have a slugfest in some random church and then the set up for one in one guy's house and that's it.

Still Van Hook makes it work. A 7.

xoken

Post by xoken »

It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad gilad :D

The race is on for the thirty coins but why? The only way this could have been more embarresing is if Acclaim made an EW game with this as the plot. I mean subjecting Master Darque to the type of villian that challenges Gilad to a race. :!:

Also, is it just me or does anybody else feel like they shouldnt have said all that with mrs cho around?

Gilad fights mud man! Stan Lee would be proud.....
what happened to heroes and villians outside your window?

In case it was entombed? What if it was encased, did he also bring a blow torch? What about sealed, hope he brough a screwdriver! hmm but was it a phillips head :!:

Oh but holy water works for no reason!

very silly. i give it a 4