Ultraverse - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
list

Post by dac55 »

It looks good to me too. Depluto. :thumb: I dont have them all but I havent seen any others. And I hope I dont. Haha

David

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

I'm not a huge collector of the Ultraverse (not enough room!) but noticed a book some of you may be interested in (then again, maybe you were already aware of it):

Bound inside the April 1993 issue of Previews is a 16 page comic preview, Unleashing the Ultraverse.

Also, the November 1993 issue includes the stapled/pull-out -- Rune/Wrath ashcan.

:thumb:
"Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts...?"

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
books

Post by dac55 »

Thanks for the Info. Hulk181Man. I dident know about Unleashing the Ultraverse. Let me know if you wont to sell this one. I knew about the Rune/Wrath ashcan but dident know where they came from.

David

hulk181man
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

Hey David, I'm always glad to pass on helpful information. That particular previews issue belongs to a co-worker; I noticed it while looking through part of his collection this past week.

But at least you know what to look for, good luck in the hunt. :hope:
"Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts...?"

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
books

Post by dac55 »

Thank again. I will put it on my list.

David

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

More of these babies for anyone who needs one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultraverse-Premiere ... dZViewItem

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I picked up a blue Hardcase ashcan while in NYC... I will try and post a pic of it tomorrow but does anyone have one of these ?

pic to follow

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

OK here is the pic of the Hardcase ashcan that I picked up on NYC at the Big Apple Con. Just wondering which one this is or if it is a new ashcan....

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Also here is a pretty cheap Printer's proof... if I remember correctly these usually go for a bit more than the current BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6614632904

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
ashcan

Post by dac55 »

Have you ask Depluto about the ashcan Knightt ? I dont think I will ever finish My Ultraverse.

David

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Knightt wrote:I picked up a blue Hardcase ashcan while in NYC... I will try and post a pic of it tomorrow but does anyone have one of these ?

pic to follow
I put this question out to everyone... nobody seems fit enough to answer it. :!:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Ultraverse - Issue List

Post by depluto »

Sorry guys, still waiting for a new PC to arrive, haven't been able to post except at work.

This is the one you have Knightt, I've only seen one other copy go for sale on Ebay, and that's why I noted it on here the way I did. I wish I had saved a pic of it, but I'm pretty sure it was the same as the one you have.
Hardcase: nn Ashcan, nn Ashcan (Limited edition), regular UV ashcan, one came with Hero Mag, one was the Hero Mag San Diego Comic Con version, and one was that black and white version, 1, 1 (Ultra 5000), 1 (Silver hologram), 1 (Gold hologram), 2, 2 (in Polybag), 3, 4 ($1.95), 4 ($2.50/in Polybag), 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
The checklist is worded a little funny (I think it's my fault). There are four Hardcase ashcans that I know of ... one that came with Hero Mag, another that looks just like the Hero Mag one but it has a SDCC note on the back, the Motor City Convention edition (5,000 print run) and the black and white one that you just got.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

The pages on the inside ARE black and white.

Would you do up a rewording for the 'official' checklist and I will post it at the begining of the Ultraverse thread. The black and white part threw me and heck I am even more confused now. You saying that they have the same color cover but one has colored pages and one not ?

BTW, I also picked up a Strangers silver holo for a buck at the Big Apple Con. The guy looked at it and laughed saying something about 'don't even know why I charge for this crap'. :lol:

Knightt
Re: ashcan

Post by Knightt »

dac55 wrote:Have you ask Depluto about the ashcan Knightt ? I dont think I will ever finish My Ultraverse.

David
David, my friend... I hear ya !!! Part of this is my fault for collecting so many different DUs at one time but it just happened that way. I would pose a question to our fellow Ultraverse collectors.

Q: Once you finish your Ultraverse collection... then what ? Will you go through and read them ? (of course not to include reading the same book with a different cover on it... that would be silly)

Will you just sit back and say 'whew, that was fun... now, I will sell it' ?

What will you do (or have you done) with your Ultraverse collection when it is completed ?

I have thought on this for just a short amount of time. While, I love to take each book out and pour through it... I may... MAY just put them onto my laptop and read them from there. I have copies of many comics in a digital format but I try and make it a rule to actually own the books that I also have 'digital preservations' of. It makes it a bit easier so just drop and drag a few megs of books onto my laptop, sit in bed and read. I mean the pages are just about the same size as a normal book and with my back (and now shoulder) it makes it easier to lug these books around as opposed to digging through boxes, pulling out boxes, putting back boxes etc.

My in cement rule against this is my Valiant books. I read each and every one of them with hands on.

Now this is my current POV on digital/paper comics... I have a feeling that when I complete one of my DUs (please God, make it soon !!!), that I will feel compelled to take this book out and put paper to hand and do it the old fashion way. I KNOW that this will be the case when I finish my Crossgen collection (please God, make it soon... only 200 issues to go). I will want to treat them as my Valiant books are treated... with respect and authority.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
books

Post by dac55 »

I here you Knightt. You can belive this or not I have no thought of selling any of my dead universes. You know if it was a life or death thing they would go in a heart beat. Even thow it would brake my heart. Knightt I am in to all of the dead universes I can handle right now. But I do collect Valiant, Defiant, Broadway, Chaos, Aircel, Innovation,Tops,Comico, Argo,Eclipse. And if you look at what I collect most are dead. And I dont collect ever book they put out , just some of them.I 'm starting to ramble, I better stop.

David

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

I'm pretty sure the BW ashcan is the same thing as the BW Prime, Strangers, etc... just photocopy-like versions of the launch issues for those titles.

So I guess the wording for the checklist could be:

Hero Ash, San Diego CC Hero Ash, Motor City CC Ash, BW preview ash.

I'll wind up keeping all my Ultraverse stuff, just like my Valiants. And I haven't been buying as many books lately as I am various knick-knacks and crap. I've got two different Prime watches now, and I'm wondering what other stuff they came out with back in the day. I know there were some pins and shirts.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

So, the other ashcan is also Blue cover with "Special Ashcan Edition from the Fifth Annual Heroes World Sales Conference" as mine ?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Knightt wrote:So, the other ashcan is also Blue cover with "Special Ashcan Edition from the Fifth Annual Heroes World Sales Conference" as mine ?
I think so, although I can't say I'm 100 percent sure. I just remember seeing it on Ebay a few months back. I think one of the regular Ultraverse buyers outbid me on it.

I think there were different ashcans for different sales conferences in 1993 (I hope the date is right, I'm away from my comics right now). The Prime was from Capital City, the Strangers I have was from another conference. I think each was just a BW ashcan of the premier issue for that title (there is also a Freex-Mantra BW flipbook ... I don't have that one).

Still, we're always finding new UV books we didn't know about ... that's part of the fun.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

A little rich for my blood at the moment but check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:A little rich for my blood at the moment but check this out...

I almost bid on it until I double checked my Ultraverse longboxes, already have this one. Thanks for the info, though! :thumb:

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

That too much for a dead universe book. I might would pay half of yhat. If I knew I would get it in good shape. But I'm cheap. I need it but not that bad. I can wait. Like I say no hurry.

David

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

dac55 wrote:

That too much for a dead universe book. I might would pay half of yhat. If I knew I would get it in good shape. But I'm cheap. I need it but not that bad. I can wait. Like I say no hurry.

David
I know where you're coming from, but some of the "Dead Universe" books aren't that easy to find. The book in question here is a retailers' only ashcan, probably a lot of them found their way into the trash. I understand not wanting to spend much on books that most collectors don't want, but some of the items will almost always command a higher price (unless you luck into someone who doesn't know what they have!)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Awww. fudge it. I am NOT going any higher than $7.50 on ANY Ultraverse ashcan. I do not know who nursebetty47 is so I went ahead and bid on it...

Might I add... CROSSGEN ROCKS !!!! Ultraverse is just stupid.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

OK... I am NOT going any higher than $8.75 for an Ultraverse book.

I am turning off my computer now.

I swear.... I am turning it off NOW.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Dammit... $9.75 is the bottom line.