Help: Seller Not Returning PM & Hasn't sent item in 5 mo

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
books

Post by dac55 »

Glad it worked out for you man. Some times people forget. And sometimes other thing can happen. Gald you done it by PMs or e-mail. I think thats the way it should have been done.

dac

gambit_1
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by gambit_1 »

I haven't posted in a while cause this really left a bad taste in my mouth. And to add insult to injury, I still have yet to see the item or a refund. Maybe
Architect would like to explain to the boards why it has taken so long.

I sen payment promtly for a Unity Print ($75.00 might I add). I was nice regarding the delay. But screw that. Refund my money and screw the print.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

It's a shame it had to come to that. :|

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

gambit_1 wrote:I haven't posted in a while cause this really left a bad taste in my mouth. And to add insult to injury, I still have yet to see the item or a refund. Maybe
Architect would like to explain to the boards why it has taken so long.

I sen payment promtly for a Unity Print ($75.00 might I add). I was nice regarding the delay. But screw that. Refund my money and screw the print.
You are not the only one that he owes items to... :|

I've been waiting over a year and a half...

and now he seems to have taken a powder...nice. :!:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Technique
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!

Post by Technique »

Is anyone else waiting for something from Justin? He was someones secret santa at Christmas. Did they get their present?

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Technique wrote:Is anyone else waiting for something from Justin? He was someones secret santa at Christmas. Did they get their present?

ding ding ding...

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

I'm waiting for a resolution of an issue with Justin as well. It was on a deal that started back in September 2005, if I remember correctly.

I suggest patience is in order, as much as I'd like to be *SQUEE* off. He's clearly in over his head on life in general. I like to think I'm sure it will eventually come back around to this stuff.

Technique

Post by Technique »

ckb wrote:I'm waiting for a resolution of an issue with Justin as well. It was on a deal that started back in September 2005, if I remember correctly.

I suggest patience is in order, as much as I'd like to be *SQUEE* off. He's clearly in over his head on life in general. I like to think I'm sure it will eventually come back around to this stuff.
It sounds like a great deal of patience has already been given and that people have reached the end of it.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

gambit_1 wrote:Folks, thanks to all for their input. The issue has been resolved and life goes on with a smile.

And sorry it took me so long to respond, I was away for the Holiday.
I thought this issue was resolved as of this post. Sorry to hear it still remains a problem.

myron
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
gambit_1 wrote:Folks, thanks to all for their input. The issue has been resolved and life goes on with a smile.

And sorry it took me so long to respond, I was away for the Holiday.
I thought this issue was resolved as of this post. Sorry to hear it still remains a problem.
I have a feeling that pms' were sent that indicated that things were "on there way"...but then weeks later nothing has arrived....

same thing in my case as well...
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

I absolutely hate not getting you gentlemen taken care of. Its never been my intention nor have I wanted to leave any of you with a bitter taste in your mouth and I will fix the problem and make you all happy, hopefully!

Gambit, I will gladly refund you your money and I will still send you a litho set. I am truly sorry for any bitter taste left in your mouth and not everyone here is bad. I am sure a few others will say my shipping skills suck as of last year and I take FULL responsibility. I am truly sorry and want to get you posting again.

Myron, I have your book and will gladly toss in the coin with it. No excuses, I suck at shipping and have had your book for months and months and months in my possession. Again, the duration is way too long and I take full responsibility.

CKB, I found the zip lock with the items in it. I will send you the items as well as the coin to make it even. I know you and I can square it away and I will very, very soon.

Dsire, I know when you and I spoke last, you weren't too worried, but I am and I too will square you away. Refund to come.

Byrneout, Same item as Dsire, will be mailed out with a full refund.

cinlach@aol.com, You and I have bounced emails off of each other the last couple of days. I will dig out the books you need to square you away as well. I think I have the four you need.

whetton, I haven't forgot you either. I have not gotten the book from from you know who, but I have the original one still in the mailer. Its your call, I can either mail it back, or drop some coin to you. Let me know, I know we haven't spoke about this, but I haven't forgotten you.

If there is anybody else, please, please PM me. The first 3 people above were the only 3 to post anything on the boards. I believe the others listed are fine folks that I have had dealings with that I, for some reason or another, failed to deliver.

Everyone here can feel free to email me at justin.d.ehart@gmail.com Please update your records for email contact as my comcast account is no longer active and I will be moving back to Kansas from Colorado soon.

Please, all those listed, please PM me with your address as most of my database is in a PC that is no longer accessible by me, possibly forever.

Again, I hope there are no hard feelings, I should have taken care of you all sooner and hope to regain/rekindle our friendships through the board.

I may be on a sabatical for some time, I will pop in and check PM's daily, I will reply promptly from now on. Any of you with my mobile number, feel free to call.

-justin
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

daydreamscomics
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by daydreamscomics »

ckb wrote:He's clearly in over his head on life in general.
i can vouch for that. he's cancelled lunch on me twice this week! :twisted:

in all seriousness, justin is a stand up guy, and has his fingers in a lot of pots so to speak. he's helping out with nearly every fan project, he's working on some other cool stuff, he just moved to a new house, and never seems to be in the state of colorado when i call (last week he was in california for a couple days), not to mention trying to find time to spend with his wife and kids.

not making excuses for the guy, but i think he's done this board a great service by all the help and input he's brought to the table since i've been here.

maybe i'll talk to him and see if he'll give me a job as his personal shipper. :thumb:

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

It's always been my experience with Justin that even if it takes longer, it's well worth the wait. He has such marvelous toys and meets very interesting people at the Post Office.

As for Justin being busy, he's easy one of the most highly driven individuals I've ever interacted with. Odds are, if you like that VcVSS, he had a hand in its production somewhere.
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

daydreamscomics wrote:not to mention trying to find time to spend with his wife and kids.
Apparently not enough time.
daydreamscomics wrote:maybe i'll talk to him and see if he'll give me a job as his personal shipper. :thumb:
Don't tempt me!!

-J
Last edited by justin on Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:04:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I've dealt with Justin twice and had no problems ... I sent him something, he sent me something. I hope he makes square with everybody, because I think he's an alright dude.

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

i didn't speak up in the thread before because i was in a different place then some of the other folks having problems.

i wasn't out any money...i sent a bunch of crossgen books i hadn't read or looked at in a couple of years to trade for some stuff i needed to complete my run.

waiting for something you've paid for and really looking forward to owning can weigh on a fella after awhile...i didn't even know for sure that he'd need or want my trade stuff. so i could've very easily gotten my stuff back. so there wasn't nearly as much "anticipation" weighing on me as there were on others.

justin pm'ed me wanting my phone number BEFORE all this went down about a week to be exact...so i know it wasn't a case of him ducking or avoiding me. he and i chatted about the NY show about a month ago as well.

however i'm not gonna totally disregard the situation we all find ourselves in. i told him that everyone makes mistakes...it's what we learn from them and how we handle things afterwards that matter.

i really hope everyone can get some closure on this and justin can begin to rebuild his reputation and regain everyone's trust again.

i think he's a good guy who just made a couple of bad mistakes.

i do not think that justin ehart is joe petrilak.
WWSLJD, MF?

GJB
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by GJB »

Admitting you screwed up is a difficult thing. Admitting it infront of all of your friends is even more difficult. It's refreshing to see someone face their mistake head on instead of running away.

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Hmmmm,

Is this where the line forms to get free stuff from Justin?! :o :wink:
:hm:

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

I have purchased items from Justin numerous times. And while sometimes I had so wait awhile, he has always come through with above and beyond what I expected. I have also talked to him numerous times and he is a great guy to get to know. I have absouletly no doubt you will get what you bought. :thumb:
I do chicken right!

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!

Post by k_c_collectibles »

Hey guys,

I am a little jaded in my view as Justin in one of my best friends on this board. I can relate to people being a bit peeved at not getting products that they pay for - that is understandable. Maybe Justin should take up Zach on his offer of being his shipping manager. Then the items he sells or trades would be mailed out in a more timely manner. :thumb:

However, that is the only negative thing I can say about the guy. He is top notch in my book!!! He has helped me out immensely with my Turok Evolution project and is currently helping me with 3 more projects that are in the works. He is a stellar human being and his contributions to this board in general have been many. :)

He has had at least indirect involvement just about all (if not every) official board project since the Magnus VcVSS. He may have even had a hand in that one - I don't know for sure. I can not think of a better person to go to for advice on how to approach creators. He has direct contact with many and has access to the contact information for just about anyone you can think of.

Most of all I value him for his friendship. He is one of the people who I trust as a sounding board for ideas and questions about Valiant and other things. He is a great person and I am proud to call him my friend.

He has not been the best person at shipping items by his own admission. I really hope that everyone can forgive and forget as long as he makes good on his earlier posting of shipping everyone their items. :thumb:

Chris
Hundreds of Valiant and Acclaim comics for GREAT prices! http://www.webstore.com/shop.php?user_id=96791

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Technique wrote:Is anyone else waiting for something from Justin? He was someones secret santa at Christmas. Did they get their present?
Not yet...

:cry:

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

depluto wrote:Not a bad idea! In fact, I'm gonna go eat some muffins right now.
Hamburger Helper also works, especially if it's already been helped.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Several things....

I know it seems like a long time, and it is.....but hey....6 years+ is pretty long too, eh? So don't give up hope!

Speaking of...JP e-mailed me out of the blue on Monday, so hope springs eternal.

And Justin...you were in CA and didn't call? Shame on you! :) Everyone's gotta eat! SoCal or NorCal?

Oh, and when are you going to send me my CEAR.....?

;)

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote: Speaking of...JP e-mailed me out of the blue on Monday, so hope springs eternal.
That is quite a surprise, I wonder if someone from the boards finally got around to putting a bug in his ear again? Hopefully something productive can still be worked out in this situation.

daydreamscomics

Post by daydreamscomics »

k_c_collectibles wrote:Maybe Justin should take up Zach on his offer of being his shipping manager. Then the items he sells or trades would be mailed out in a more timely manner. :thumb:
does this mean i get the K_C shipping seal of approval? 8-)