Qty (2) VcVSS/VfVSS (2007) projects for sale

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Qty (2) VcVSS/VfVSS (2007) projects for sale

Post by thePike »

This is in reference to a conversation I had on the registered members only portion of the board HERE.

Click on any picture below to get a better look.

First off, I have the absolute last of my comic collection up for sale on eBay right now. It's pretty much all my remaining TPB's, and it's pretty much 60% Marvel (lots of hardcovers), 30% Valiants (mostly the newer TPB's), and 10% other stuff. The most interesting thing for Valiant fans on there would be my Solar: Man of the Atom Hardcover TPB with slipcase; and it is pristine. You can find it here: Staticpike on eBay. If you end up with one or both of these projects, and something of mine from eBay, I'll ship it all to the lower 48 for free.

I have for sale, two VcVSS/VfVSS projects from 2007 that I have had in my possession since that time. I was the original, and only receiver of both of these projects. I never got them with the intent to sell/get rid of, but times and people change, and I'm liquidating every comic I own. I felt that these were special and needed to go to people that would respect them, so that is why they are special and being sold here. These come from a smoke free home, and are 100% in the same condition that I received them in. They've been stored in my safe and probably haven't been outside of that safe more than an hour in the past 8 years.

First Project is the Archer & Armstrong #0, beacoup signature edition from the SDCC in 2007
Image Image

The project was originally received with a T-Shirt, but I no longer have that. It is not included. However, as an interesting side item, one of the many trades/purchases/sales I made with fellow board members back in the day (I believe it was HoboJoe, but do not hold me to that), he included this hand drawn inking of Magnus on a backer board. It was awesome, so I kept it.
Image Image

As for the condition of the book, it's pretty damn good. There is minor discoloration (probably from age) that is most prevalent on the logo in the corner, and some very minor spine dings, but otherwise it is in great shape. It comes in the nice double bag and board that I received it in...

The Second Project up for grabs is a signed set of the original Shadowman #2, Deadside #1, and two copies of the Valiant Zombies Ashcans (one is color, and the other B&W)
Image Image
Image Image Image

Also included with this project (as was included originally) are the colored backerboard (one scene from the Zombie ashcans) and the million dollar bill celebrating veterans.
Image Image

All of this of course comes with the appropriate COA's...
Image Image

The conditions of the ashcans are immaculate. The 2 comics do have some minor wear, but are in excellent shape all around considering the age.
Image Image

I have no idea what they are worth. They used to be pretty valued, but maybe that has diminished with time. I'm running a silent auction (or as silent as you want it to be). Make me an offer. You can post it here publicly if you desire, or you can private message me over the boards if you wish your for your ID to remain private. I will be taking offers until 6pm (central USA time) Sunday, Sep 20th as which point the highest $$$ wins for each auction. The winners will have 24 hours to paypal the funds to the e-mail address that I will message them with (unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed to, by me). If they've failed to so, the next person in line gets the chance until these books are gone.

Consider your bid, the "shipped" price to the lower 48. Live somewhere else? A shipping surcharge may be possible depending on where it's going/what price it sells for.

Any questions? Ask away...

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Re: Qty (2) VcVSS/VfVSS (2007) projects for sale

Post by thePike »

One offer for the zombies is all that's has been received.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

I would love the A&A Project, but I'm about to travel so funding does not allow me to. If it doesn't sell I would love to purchase it off of you at a later date.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

Right now, it looks like that just could happen. I've only received one offer for the one set of zombie books, and that was it. I was not expecting to get rich off off these things, but I thought there would have been more interest than this.

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

thePike wrote:Right now, it looks like that just could happen. I've only received one offer for the one set of zombie books, and that was it. I was not expecting to get rich off off these things, but I thought there would have been more interest than this.

I'm shocked by this. Many fans are still interested in these books sometimes it's all about the timing. If it doesn't sell let me know and I will make you an offer when I return.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

One offer per lot has been received. While no where near as fascinating as the lots Greg is throwing up, still an interesting piece board history...

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

thePike wrote:Right now, it looks like that just could happen. I've only received one offer for the one set of zombie books, and that was it. I was not expecting to get rich off off these things, but I thought there would have been more interest than this.
That's the drawback to the silent auction. There's no public pricepoint to tease a buyer into thinking "Only that much? I'd pay more than that..."

Plus there's no reference point to put the prospect at ease so as not to insult you. "I wonder what he thinks this is worth? $25? $250?"

I have a large Valiant collection but no board projects. I wouldn't know where to begin so as to not lowball you, nor overpay.

And finally, it may well be that if you weren't around back in the board project days, they're not of particular interest since you didn't share in that experience.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

True enough I suppose. I don't really have a low ball or high ball price in mind, I'm actually happy with them being sold too true fans, more than I am to the richest guy on the boards.

I will add that both of those current bids do not even total $100 when added together.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

The total for both auctions now less than$200. The A&A lot is more popular at 75% of the current total. I guess zombies just aren't what they used to be!

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

I've received a few more offers on the A&A but the current high bid still rides.

I've received only 1 more offer on the zombies, and it also did not move the needle.

Auction closes tomorrow!

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

Auction was closed at 6pm and the winners were private messaged with where to send the paypal.

The Zombies lot went for $40 while the A&A went for $150.

Shipping of the items is simply waiting on receipt of payment!

Thanks everyone for looking!