More Alien rumors

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
More Alien rumors

Post by syzhang28 »

My store tells me that the speed at which 'people in the know' are denying these is proof they are correct. Take that how you will. It kinda makes sense though. Companies don't run around denying every little rumor.

The Shadowman movie that Dinesh & co were working on is now becoming an animated movie and Alien are prioritizing a Shadowman series of comics because of that.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Re: More Alien rumors

Post by MartinAlien »

syzhang28 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:36:08 am My store tells me that the speed at which 'people in the know' are denying these is proof they are correct. Take that how you will. It kinda makes sense though. Companies don't run around denying every little rumor.

The Shadowman movie that Dinesh & co were working on is now becoming an animated movie and Alien are prioritizing a Shadowman series of comics because of that.
It's incredible how each rumor you post is a bigger BS than the previous one. Now I think you are just trolling. Very uncool of you.
Working for the Aliens

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

MartinAlien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:45:46 am
syzhang28 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:36:08 am My store tells me that the speed at which 'people in the know' are denying these is proof they are correct. Take that how you will. It kinda makes sense though. Companies don't run around denying every little rumor.

It's incredible how each rumor you post is a bigger BS than the previous one. Now I think you are just trolling. Very uncool of you.
Time will tell, won't it. This one I have from two sources now.

daniellew61
Still Valiant after all these years.

Post by daniellew61 »

And this is 2 people literally at Alien Books talking to you dude. Last time I'm gonna try to be clear to you cause I really love the enthusiasm and appreciation you have but like, dude, it's all wrong.
I love all the idea stuff going around on the board, unpublished stuff, and speculation is healthy
But facts are facts, and you are saying we are talking to a store like this, and no one is.
Whoever is telling you someone is talking to them is completely wrong, because there is no one to talk to besides us. I'm sorry you're getting trolled or doing the trolling. If your store has someone talking to them it's an imposter dude. Swear on my life lol.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

daniellew61 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:34:45 pm And this is 2 people literally at Alien Books talking to you dude. Last time I'm gonna try to be clear to you cause I really love the enthusiasm and appreciation you have but like, dude, it's all wrong.
I love all the idea stuff going around on the board, unpublished stuff, and speculation is healthy
But facts are facts, and you are saying we are talking to a store like this, and no one is.
Whoever is telling you someone is talking to them is completely wrong, because there is no one to talk to besides us. I'm sorry you're getting trolled or doing the trolling. If your store has someone talking to them it's an imposter dude. Swear on my life lol.
I appreciate the respect and respectful back at you, I find it unsettling that despite being asked directly about the kickstarter you did not let us know that it was days away from being solicited for comic and book stores. I suspect you will deny to continue to present that you know what's going on but I've come to the conclusion that you are a worker bee who likely knows less than my store.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens

Post by MartinAlien »

syzhang28 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:32:30 pm
daniellew61 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:34:45 pm And this is 2 people literally at Alien Books talking to you dude. Last time I'm gonna try to be clear to you cause I really love the enthusiasm and appreciation you have but like, dude, it's all wrong.
I appreciate the respect and respectful back at you, I find it unsettling that despite being asked directly about the kickstarter you did not let us know that it was days away from being solicited for comic and book stores. I suspect you will deny to continue to present that you know what's going on but I've come to the conclusion that you are a worker bee who likely knows less than my store.
The Kickstarter campaign was not part of the deal with Alien and Dani said that from the start. The solicited book for February is a softcover edition by Alien. Maybe your store, if they really exist, have not explained you that.
Working for the Aliens

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

MartinAlien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:37:42 pm
The Kickstarter campaign was not part of the deal with Alien and Dani said that from the start. The solicited book for February is a softcover edition by Alien. Maybe your store, if they really exist, have not explained you that.
if the Kickstarter is not fulfilled, and Alien publishes that book... then you have no conscience.

Alien didn't pay the creative team for that work... the backers did.

Show some respect and compassion... admit that this looks REALLY bad right now.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens

Post by MartinAlien »

And when the Kickstarter is fulfilled and when it's revealed that your rumors were just fabrications, what will your conscience tell you to do?
Working for the Aliens

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

MartinAlien wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:56:28 am And when the Kickstarter is fulfilled and when it's revealed that your rumors were just fabrications, what will your conscience tell you to do?
You've confused slack with syzhang28. Slack is not the one posting the rumors. I made that mistake too once, heh.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

slack

Post by slack »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:58:48 am
MartinAlien wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:56:28 am And when the Kickstarter is fulfilled and when it's revealed that your rumors were just fabrications, what will your conscience tell you to do?
You've confused slack with syzhang28. Slack is not the one posting the rumors. I made that mistake too once, heh.
yeah, I'm the one that pointed out point blank that Danielle said the Eternal Warrior book fulfilled on Kickstarter was not part of the Alien deal.

Since Alien is publishing a book using content that was paid for by the Kickstarter backers.... yes, it very much is part of the Alien deal.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:29:43 am
yeah, I'm the one that pointed out point blank that Danielle said the Eternal Warrior book fulfilled on Kickstarter was not part of the Alien deal.

Since Alien is publishing a book using content that was paid for by the Kickstarter backers.... yes, it very much is part of the Alien deal.
Yes, but Martin pointed out that it wasn't part of the deal in July, which is when you asked Ward.

In an ideal world, they'd be able to publicly provide evidence to show when the deal was finalized, but that is not really likely to happen.

You could give them the benefit of the doubt, and believe Martin when he said that,
MartinAlien wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:00:25 am Of course a softcover edition will never be released before the Kickstarter campaign is fulfilled.
And Ward when she said,
daniellew61 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:21:46 am It's not meant to come out before the Kickstarter.

That's it.
MY clear interpretation of that is that they intend to fulfill the campaign rewards before the softcover comes out next year.

Based on the release date for the softcover (February 2024), that gives them five months to do it. That should be plenty of time, no?

Did the Kickstarter say that the project was an exclusive that would never be printed for the mass market, which is what the softcover is?

Consider that, though; you're getting a hardcover while those that didn't pledge will only get a softcover.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

slack

Post by slack »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:36:15 am

Yes, but Martin pointed out that it wasn't part of the deal in July, which is when you asked Ward.

In an ideal world, they'd be able to publicly provide evidence to show when the deal was finalized, but that is not really likely to happen.

You could give them the benefit of the doubt, and believe Martin when he said that,
MartinAlien wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:00:25 am Of course a softcover edition will never be released before the Kickstarter campaign is fulfilled.
And Ward when she said,
daniellew61 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:21:46 am It's not meant to come out before the Kickstarter.

That's it.
MY clear interpretation of that is that they intend to fulfill the campaign rewards before the softcover comes out next year.

Based on the release date for the softcover (February 2024), that gives them five months to do it. That should be plenty of time, no?

Did the Kickstarter say that the project was an exclusive that would never be printed for the mass market, which is what the softcover is?

Consider that, though; you're getting a hardcover while those that didn't pledge will only get a softcover.
Consider that they can say whatever they want to shut us up.

Until the the Kickstarter responds, updates, and fulfills... I will gladly consider that both DMG and Alien are willing to steal and profit from content that fans paid for.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49:27 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:36:15 am

And Ward when she said,

That's it.

Consider that they can say whatever they want to shut us up.

Until the the Kickstarter responds, updates, and fulfills... I will gladly consider that both DMG and Alien are willing to steal and profit from content that fans paid for.
You are right that VALIANT/DMG should respond through the Kickstarter page so that all their backers can receive the information.

Do consider that right now, though, through this board, you're getting some updates in the form of their responses.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens

Post by MartinAlien »

I'm sorry, but I'm relieved I'm not the only one :oops:
Working for the Aliens

daniellew61

Post by daniellew61 »

Dude, what the heck man.

We didn't know fans use edelweiss, and even Diamond was surprised that was found so quickly too.. Tons of stuff is getting put up there. Super boring filling out all these sheets and stuff. I can't stop us from coming out with books starting to be released...? that's the whole point of all this. We said stuff was coming.

Again, and for the last time about KS, I don't know what is going on. I actually don't. I can't answer questions about it.

Alien Books does have plans to release its own version down the line of Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth later, because hey, why not? You see it's in FEB, which is far away. Maybe not far enough. Worst case scenario we have to push it back from release till the one for backers is done and out. No slap in the face intended at all. Sorry for the shock. Maybe we could have held the book back longer, but we need to turn in things 8 months in advance for collections. Plus, we want to put out as many books as possible, in as many places as possible.

I want to spend time on this board to see, hear, communicate, and all around make Valiant better for the future. syzhang28, arguing you know more about Alien than the employees working at Alien is counter-productive to this relationship, and kind of.. really weird. What you are doing is mean and confusing to your fellow fans when you are so insistent. You're playing with their hopes, contaminating the board by swearing what you have is the truth when it's been debunked. You have two people from Alien interacting with fans directly here, and even Walter, "a Valiant higher-up", replied to you the first time you had a rumor there was DMG/VALIANT/ALIEN fighting behind the scenes.

I have no motive here besides wanting to be with you guys. I check in here cause this is actually what I'm doing with my free time, yes. Because I love Valiant. I like seeing the unreleased stuff, ideas, pictures of collections, etc.

I don't need troll respect. Especially because you won't even give the name of your store so we can work together. If this is such a Valiant store, why wouldn't you want to make sure they are at the top of my list so I can speak with them and hook them up? That's what is so weird. I have a lot of fans I've gotten to know over the years, and I always love doing extra for their shops when I know they have a big fan.

BTW Thank you to fans and a retailer [!!!] who have DMed me the store information. Please keep them coming.

It has taken time to set everything up, but things are finally beginning to move.

If you see some of the other hardcovers btw, what you can't tell from them is that they also have foil on the covers!!!! Check out the Moztro valiant releases to get a better idea.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

daniellew61 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:17:19 am
Dude, what the heck man.

We didn't know fans use edelweiss, and even Diamond was surprised that was found so quickly too.. Tons of stuff is getting put up there. Super boring filling out all these sheets and stuff. I can't stop us from coming out with books starting to be released...? that's the whole point of all this. We said stuff was coming.

Again, and for the last time about KS, I don't know what is going on. I actually don't. I can't answer questions about it.

Alien Books does have plans to release its own version down the line of Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth later, because hey, why not? You see it's in FEB, which is far away. Maybe not far enough. Worst case scenario we have to push it back from release till the one for backers is done and out. No slap in the face intended at all. Sorry for the shock. Maybe we could have held the book back longer, but we need to turn in things 8 months in advance for collections. Plus, we want to put out as many books as possible, in as many places as possible.

I want to spend time on this board to see, hear, communicate, and all around make Valiant better for the future. syzhang28, arguing you know more about Alien than the employees working at Alien is counter-productive to this relationship, and kind of.. really weird. What you are doing is mean and confusing to your fellow fans when you are so insistent. You're playing with their hopes, contaminating the board by swearing what you have is the truth when it's been debunked. You have two people from Alien interacting with fans directly here, and even Walter, "a Valiant higher-up", replied to you the first time you had a rumor there was DMG/VALIANT/ALIEN fighting behind the scenes.

I have no motive here besides wanting to be with you guys. I check in here cause this is actually what I'm doing with my free time, yes. Because I love Valiant. I like seeing the unreleased stuff, ideas, pictures of collections, etc.

I don't need troll respect. Especially because you won't even give the name of your store so we can work together. If this is such a Valiant store, why wouldn't you want to make sure they are at the top of my list so I can speak with them and hook them up? That's what is so weird. I have a lot of fans I've gotten to know over the years, and I always love doing extra for their shops when I know they have a big fan.

BTW Thank you to fans and a retailer [!!!] who have DMed me the store information. Please keep them coming.

It has taken time to set everything up, but things are finally beginning to move.

If you see some of the other hardcovers btw, what you can't tell from them is that they also have foil on the covers!!!! Check out the Moztro valiant releases to get a better idea.
I feel for you, I really do. But I don't give you a pass. I'm sure you are working really hard but these actions, your high horse and your terrible fan relations skills outweigh. Alien clearly isn't cut out for a job as important as Valiant. They keep getting caught with pants down.

"We didn't know fans use edelweiss" is a TERRIBLE thing to say. You're saying you knew you were doing something wrong. You're saying you thought we wouldn't catch you. You're saying because you thought we wouldn't catch you we should be okay with you doing something wrong.

Right now you're probably thinking, 'this guy is saying we did something wrong but we didn't'. You did. Let me explain what slack has been explaining. "Alien Books does have plans to release its own version down the line of Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth later, because hey, why not?" is incredibly ill-advised. No company should ever say "why not?" is the reason for one of its very first public moves. Also, the reason for why not is very, very clear. You didn't pay for the work. The fans did. You publishing it, even soliciting it now is theft. Theft from the fans. You stole our horse and tried to sell it back to us.

"swearing what you have is the truth" You are also not listening. Never once have I said that. In fact, I've said the opposite every time. Each thread is called 'rumor'. Each time I say, 'this is what i was told, take it how you will'. BUT as time goes by I'm being proven right. I expect that will continue. I expect the books will be $10 a piece, I expect Shadowman the animated movie to get announced etc.

Alien has said they aren't DMG. If you're not then you can't control the kickstarter. You can't guarantee that it will come out before your tasteless money grab softcover. Then why are you out here saying the kickstarter will get fulfilled? You clearly can't even get DMG to update the kickstarter so how could you get them to fulfill. They clearly don't want to fulfill or they wouldn't be this late with zero communication. So why claim they will? My guess is because we caught you lying and being greedy and you're trying to quiet us now. I'm not the one "playing with their hopes". You are. Don't promise us a kickstarter you openly say you have no control over.

daniellew61

Post by daniellew61 »

syzhang28 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:08:21 am
Dude, what the heck man.

I feel for you, I really do. But I don't give you a pass. I'm sure you are working really hard but these actions, your high horse and your terrible fan relations skills outweigh. Alien clearly isn't cut out for a job as important as Valiant. They keep getting caught with pants down.

"We didn't know fans use edelweiss" is a TERRIBLE thing to say. You're saying you knew you were doing something wrong. You're saying you thought we wouldn't catch you. You're saying because you thought we wouldn't catch you we should be okay with you doing something wrong.

Right now you're probably thinking, 'this guy is saying we did something wrong but we didn't'. You did. Let me explain what slack has been explaining. "Alien Books does have plans to release its own version down the line of Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth later, because hey, why not?" is incredibly ill-advised. No company should ever say "why not?" is the reason for one of its very first public moves. Also, the reason for why not is very, very clear. You didn't pay for the work. The fans did. You publishing it, even soliciting it now is theft. Theft from the fans. You stole our horse and tried to sell it back to us.

"swearing what you have is the truth" You are also not listening. Never once have I said that. In fact, I've said the opposite every time. Each thread is called 'rumor'. Each time I say, 'this is what i was told, take it how you will'. BUT as time goes by I'm being proven right. I expect that will continue. I expect the books will be $10 a piece, I expect Shadowman the animated movie to get announced etc.

Alien has said they aren't DMG. If you're not then you can't control the kickstarter. You can't guarantee that it will come out before your tasteless money grab softcover. Then why are you out here saying the kickstarter will get fulfilled? You clearly can't even get DMG to update the kickstarter so how could you get them to fulfill. They clearly don't want to fulfill or they wouldn't be this late with zero communication. So why claim they will? My guess is because we caught you lying and being greedy and you're trying to quiet us now. I'm not the one "playing with their hopes". You are. Don't promise us a kickstarter you openly say you have no control over.
but we're not putting it out until the kickstarter is fulfilled. we have it slated for feb, but if it's not out by then it's going to keep getting pushed back by us if we see it isn't. we can't predict when the kickstarter is getting fullfilled, but we aren't going to hold back getting things set up for the future.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

daniellew61 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:39:30 am
Dude, what the heck man.

but we're not putting it out until the kickstarter is fulfilled. we have it slated for feb, but if it's not out by then it's going to keep getting pushed back by us if we see it isn't. we can't predict when the kickstarter is getting fullfilled, but we aren't going to hold back getting things set up for the future.
it's amazing that you don't see the absolute greed in your statement here.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:06:48 am
daniellew61 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:39:30 am
Dude, what the heck man.

it's amazing that you don't see the absolute greed in your statement here.
There is no greed in Alien offering the softcover to a larger audience than the one that pledged for the hardcover. That is, ultimately, what Kickstarters are for.

Unless the campaign explicitly stated that this was a one-of-a-kind project that would never be reprinted and offered to the general public through larger distribution channels. Was that the case? Did you not believe that VALIANT would ever solicit either a second printing of the HC or, as it's happening, a softcover, of this graphic novel?

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

At this point of the board's evolution, I'm waiting for the day I log in to see that Jim Shooter has made a post confirming the presence of of the counterfeit VALIANT books and Cyberstrike is reading comics again.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

lorddunlow wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:47:52 pm At this point of the board's evolution, I'm waiting for the day I log in to see that Jim Shooter has made a post confirming the presence of of the counterfeit VALIANT books and Cyberstrike is reading comics again.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
Heh