Wow, huge slap in the face to kickstarter supporters

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Wow, huge slap in the face to kickstarter supporters

Post by syzhang28 »

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4902613&page=2

Valiant has offered the kickstarter hardcover for sale in comic and book stores. All while ignoring the kickstarter backers.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: Wow, huge slap in the face to kickstarter supporters

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Alien Books logo. Interesting.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Valiant Classics Archer and Armstrong Revival

Ninjak: The 7th Dragon

These are cool. And they also have the Alien Books logo on the covers.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by MartinAlien »

syzhang28 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:06:44 am https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4902613&page=2

Valiant has offered the kickstarter hardcover for sale in comic and book stores. All while ignoring the kickstarter backers.
No, that's the softcover edition.
Working for the Aliens

daniellew61
Still Valiant after all these years.

Post by daniellew61 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:14:57 am Valiant Classics Archer and Armstrong Revival

yeah, think of it like vertigo with dc

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

daniellew61 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:50:37 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:14:57 am Valiant Classics Archer and Armstrong Revival

yeah, think of it like vertigo with dc
That's what I figured. I'm glad the VALIANT brand is not being phased out.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

It would be cool if someone communicated with the kickstarter backers more, but they're obviously working on a lot of things behind the scenes. Let's just give them some time to get everything rolling.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

It occurred to me that it's unfortunate that the Archer & Amstrong collection will be incomplete on account of Solar and Magnus' appearance in the first issue and Turok's appearance in the second issue. But it may not hurt the narrative that much since issue 3 picks up where issue 0 left off.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02:40 pm It occurred to me that it's unfortunate that the Archer & Amstrong collection will be incomplete on account of Solar and Magnus' appearance in the first issue and Turok's appearance in the second issue. But it may not hurt the narrative that much since issue 3 picks up where issue 0 left off.
They can't reprint those issues at all because of those characters? That stinks. I wonder how they're able to reprint X-O #3 with X-Caliber? Or is it that Englehart or whoever owns him doesn't care.

Looks like they changed his name to Sniper at some point, maybe that's how they do it. I wonder if changing or editing out the names of the GK3 would let them reprint the guest appearances?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:06:32 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02:40 pm It occurred to me that it's unfortunate that the Archer & Amstrong collection will be incomplete on account of Solar and Magnus' appearance in the first issue and Turok's appearance in the second issue. But it may not hurt the narrative that much since issue 3 picks up where issue 0 left off.
They can't reprint those issues at all because of those characters? That stinks. I wonder how they're able to reprint X-O #3 with X-Caliber? Or is it that Englehart or whoever owns him doesn't care.

Looks like they changed his name to Sniper at some point, maybe that's how they do it. I wonder if changing or editing out the names of the GK3 would let them reprint the guest appearances?
I doubt that would be enough. They'd be better off digitally replacing them with Divnity and Savage.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:32:54 pm

I doubt that would be enough. They'd be better off digitally replacing them with Divnity and Savage.
Yuck. No George Lucas style edits please! :lol:

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens

Post by MartinAlien »

As a matter of fact, those issues are part of the book. Valiant can't create new stories with Solar or Magnus or reprint their series, but they can reprint their appearances in other titles.
Working for the Aliens

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

MartinAlien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:15:41 pm

As a matter of fact, those issues are part of the book. Valiant can't create new stories with Solar or Magnus or reprint their series, but they can reprint their appearances in other titles.
Good news :clap:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

They used the name Sniper in the old TPB reprint of X-O. I remember when those first VEI HC reprints came out we wondered which name they would use. I cannot recall which way it went but I think they called him X-Calibre?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

MartinAlien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:15:41 pm

Oh, cool.

So, Alien could reprint all of Unity, for instance, but just not the two corresponding issues each of the Solar and Magnus comics?

Could Alien use any pages from those series that Magnus and Solar are not in, for instance? I think the one thing of most importance to Unity from Solar was tracking Erica and Albert from the 20th Century to the 40th Century.
Last edited by ManofTheAtom on Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:19:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:40:53 pm

Yuck. No George Lucas style edits please! :lol:
:lol:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Chiclo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:44:43 pm

They used the name Sniper in the old TPB reprint of X-O. I remember when those first VEI HC reprints came out we wondered which name they would use. I cannot recall which way it went but I think they called him X-Calibre?
Ah that's what it was. I don't have that X-O hardcover, or I'd check.

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:09:10 am Image

Regarding my direct question to her about Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth:
daniellew61 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:06:14 am well, I am not even a Valiant voice anymore. It's a weird feeling after all this time.
It wasn't part of the Alien deal. I don't have any more information on it at all.
Wish I could be of more help.
please make this make sense.
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:09:10 am Alien Books logo. Interesting.
daniellew61 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:06:14 am It wasn't part of the Alien deal.
If this book is on shelves before it's in my hands, I'm gonna lose my GOT DAM mind!

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens

Post by MartinAlien »

slack wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49:11 pm

daniellew61 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:06:14 am well, I am not even a Valiant voice anymore. It's a weird feeling after all this time.
It wasn't part of the Alien deal. I don't have any more information on it at all.
daniellew61 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:06:14 am It wasn't part of the Alien deal.
If this book is on shelves before it's in my hands, I'm gonna lose my GOT DAM mind!
That's the softcover edition by Alien, not the hardcover from the Kickstarter.
Working for the Aliens

slack

Post by slack »

MartinAlien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:41:06 pm

That's the softcover edition by Alien, not the hardcover from the Kickstarter.
If you're saying what I think you're saying... this is some infuriating bullshiz... and it's a really disgusting start for Alien to publish that book if the Kickstarter isn't fulfilled first.

That response actually sounds kinda like Alien is just as shady and money-grubbing as DMG. great fit... excellent damage control Martin. Cold, and with zero compassion.

Alien didn't even pay the dam creative team... 531 backers did. Cheap, compassionless, profiting from money stolen from fans.... yeah sounds like DMG still.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens

Post by MartinAlien »

I explained this on another thread. The info on the first 2024 books were not supposed to be released now. Of course a softcover edition will never be released before the Kickstarter campaign is fulfilled.
Working for the Aliens

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:42:30 pm
Chiclo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:44:43 pm They used the name Sniper in the old TPB reprint of X-O. I remember when those first VEI HC reprints came out we wondered which name they would use. I cannot recall which way it went but I think they called him X-Calibre?
Ah that's what it was. I don't have that X-O hardcover, or I'd check.
In the omnibus he is called Sniper. Btw, the omnibus reprints X-O issues with Solar in them, but when a complete issue of Solar is needed for reference, then they only write down a summary of that issue.

/Magnus

slack

Post by slack »

MartinAlien wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:00:25 am I explained this on another thread. The info on the first 2024 books were not supposed to be released now. Of course a softcover edition will never be released before the Kickstarter campaign is fulfilled.
You people need to get control of your information distribution then... because with the Kickstarter account giving zero responses or updates, even though almost all backers have reported it at this point, it looks REALLY bad when Alien offers to sell it.

You guys need to coordinate with DMG about this stuff.

AS WE ARE PROVING NOW... DMG is actively making Alien look bad with their silence on the Kickstarter issue... and screwing with your potential sales.

The fact that you didn't say this yesterday... you would only say,
that's the softcover, we aren't crooks
why say that, but not reassure us that the Kickstarter was coming first?
The fact that you waited to say that, just makes it seem like you're lying now to shut me up.

daniellew61

Post by daniellew61 »

It's not meant to come out before the Kickstarter.

That's it.

slack

Post by slack »

daniellew61 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:21:46 am
It's not meant to come out before the Kickstarter.

That's it.
Then get the communication flowing right.

DMG is making Alien look like A-HOLES. Find a way to get them to respond to the backers and make an update. And then they need to follow through and send out the book.

Until then, Alien Books looks like liars and crooks.

DMG is STILL mismanaging Valiant.