Serious question...what did Heather Antos actually *do*?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: Serious question...what did Heather Antos actually *do*?

Post by ManofTheAtom »

GammaJosh wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:48:53 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:31:52 am
The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:55:54 am Nobody has ever made a career out of a milkshake group that worked together to ban writers from the industry, antagonizing fans, destroying goodwill (totally different this time with IDW, right? right?) quite like Antos.
But what was she like before she was bullied for getting a milkshake? Arguably, didn't "fans" antagonize her first for committing the crime of buying a milkshake with her friends/peers and posting about it online? That sort of threatment can sour a person.
Exactly. Who among us would take that kind of treatment lying down? I think most of us would respond with a heaping helping of "Fudge you, motherfudgers!"
Exactly. Truth is that women in comics, video games, etc get a lot of underserved hatred from "fans".
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by The Harbinger »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:23:28 pm
The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:55:54 am Nobody has ever made a career out of a milkshake group that worked together to ban writers from the industry, antagonizing fans, destroying goodwill (totally different this time with IDW, right? right?) quite like Antos.
But what was she like before she was bullied for getting a milkshake? Arguably, didn't "fans" antagonize her first for committing the crime of buying a milkshake with her friends/peers and posting about it online? That sort of threatment can sour a person.
Exactly. Who among us would take that kind of treatment lying down? I think most of us would respond with a heaping helping of "Fudge you, motherfudgers!"
Exactly. Truth is that women in comics, video games, etc get a lot of underserved hatred from "fans".
You literally just admitted that a blacklisting perception, that caused the feedback, was justified in the previous post.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:27:34 pm
You literally just admitted that a blacklisting perception, that caused the feedback, was justified in the previous post.
Well, there is a difference between unwarranted anger toward an individual based on their gender and justified concern over someone's political beliefs.

It's 2023 and we're analyzing events and actions that took place over the last seven years since the moment Trump declared that Mexicans are all rapists (except for the few that aren't. I'd be in the latter category, but, somehow, I doubt ANY of his followers would care if they decided I'm in the former because they don't like how I look -- which would be Arabic, btw... -- so they might shoot me just because of that regardless of the fact that I've never raped anyone).

In the time since he made those remarks, he incited a riot in which his followers/supports/enablers KILLED people. And if he did it once, he can do it again, and might even try to do it again in the future to save his fat *SQUEE* from going to jail.

A group of women whose ideology is to bring in more representation and diversity into comics and went out to buy milkshakes is in no way comparable to the Proud Boy-types that took arms against the US government on the basis of lies spewed by a hate monger who didn't want to relinquish his political power.

The worst thing these women can do with their positions of authority within the comic book and/or video game industries is silencing the kind of rhetoric Trump spews, so the more power and more milkshakes to them.

The worst thing Trump and his supports/enablers/followers can do in positions of power is put people like me in camps -- and, hey, THEY DID THAT WITH CHILDREN!

How far do you think Trump would take his hatred of foreigners and immigrants? It started with travel bans and children in cages. What was next? Interment camps?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:34:22 pm
Well, there is a difference between unwarranted anger toward an individual based on their gender and justified concern over someone's political beliefs.

It's 2023 and we're analyzing events and actions that took place over the last seven years since the moment Trump declared that Mexicans are all rapists (except for the few that aren't. I'd be in the latter category, but, somehow, I doubt ANY of his followers would care if they decided I'm in the former because they don't like how I look -- which would be Arabic, btw... -- so they might shoot me just because of that regardless of the fact that I've never raped anyone).

In the time since he made those remarks, he incited a riot in which his followers/supports/enablers KILLED people. And if he did it once, he can do it again, and might even try to do it again in the future to save his fat *SQUEE* from going to jail.

A group of women whose ideology is to bring in more representation and diversity into comics and went out to buy milkshakes is in no way comparable to the Proud Boy-types that took arms against the US government on the basis of lies spewed by a hate monger who didn't want to relinquish his political power.

The worst thing these women can do with their positions of authority within the comic book and/or video game industries is silencing the kind of rhetoric Trump spews, so the more power and more milkshakes to them.

The worst thing Trump and his supports/enablers/followers can do in positions of power is put people like me in camps -- and, hey, THEY DID THAT WITH CHILDREN!

How far do you think Trump would take his hatred of foreigners and immigrants? It started with travel bans and children in cages. What was next? Interment camps?

Not sure what you're on, but the cages at least were an Obama invention, and still carry on to this day with larger numbers. I'd also point out the support Trump has in the Hispanic community increased between 2016 and 2020, but that doesn't have much place here since I don't really care to get into it with someone ranting like that.

I do want to stick to the Antos stuff, like you disingenuously comparing A&A's Dino appearance to Antos editing a title character based on her in the first year as the same thing. That stuff and what is a pretty tangible paper trail of blacklisting coworkers (regardless of actual justification) and insulting fans publicly for a whole career is really all I need to list out that shows the milkshake picture wasn't just all the angry white males being intimidated by a room of white women. The blacklisting part you seemed quite casual about hand waving away, even when presented with how not all of them are Republican or white or male

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:41:20 pm

Not sure what you're on, but the cages at least were an Obama invention, and still carry on to this day with larger numbers. I'd also point out the support Trump has in the Hispanic community increased between 2016 and 2020, but that doesn't have much place here since I don't really care to get into it with someone ranting like that.

I do want to stick to the Antos stuff, like you disingenuously comparing A&A's Dino appearance to Antos editing a title character based on her in the first year as the same thing. That stuff and what is a pretty tangible paper trail of blacklisting coworkers (regardless of actual justification) and insulting fans publicly for a whole career is really all I need to list out that shows the milkshake picture wasn't just all the angry white males being intimidated by a room of white women. The blacklisting part you seemed quite casual about hand waving away, even when presented with how not all of them are Republican or white or male
What did the fictional representation of Antos do?

How did the insults start? Who threw the proverbial first rock and over what?

If they aren't all Republican, white, or male then there has to be another reason. Supporting Trump would be more than enough to blacklist them.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Politically, people did not become "Trump supporters" because they liked The Apprentice or his cameos in movies and TV series.

Politically, they became his supporters and enablers only AFTER he voiced his hateful beliefs about Mexicans.

That is because they themselves already had those beliefs and they see in him someone likeminded who is in a position to attain power they believe is necessary to "solve" the problem and, maybe, confer some of that power onto them.

All it took for him to incite one riot was lie about winning the election. You don't think or accept that he can do much worse than that?

Would you really like to work in a place where the type of people that stormed the Capitol have positions of authority over you or are your equals but hate you?

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:44:41 pm
What did the fictional representation of Antos do?

How did the insults start? Who threw the proverbial first rock and over what?

If they aren't all Republican, white, or male then there has to be another reason. Supporting Trump would be more than enough to blacklist them.

It displayed a perception that hiring was not being done based on merit. Many were hired to top editorial and writing jobs based on little experience, simply checking certain quotas while blacklisting everyone that wasn't an outspoken leftist on social media. Those facts speak for themselves. The actual writing is just a YA Mary Sue ripoff of Deadpool, nothing too notable. The fact that it happened was a symptom of the larger issue killing the industry though.

As for who insulted? Let's check the time stamp and we'll do just Renie first, we can discuss the others through the week since Antos has a lot of ammo for this and we'll get you off your broken brain part and into the actually needing to defend Heather's actions through her career part:

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status ... 2498422785

https://twitter.com/RenieDraws/status/1 ... 5034136578
https://twitter.com/RenieDraws/status/1 ... 8020431874

special spoiler of a future one:
https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status ... 4985257985 (replying to someone pointing out she's calling for violence)

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Absolutely heartbreaking to witness someone you used to respect, admire, and call a friend actively choose to align themselves with extreme toxicity.

Where's the insult?
You seem to have skipped something. The first is from Antos on the 29th making a reference to someone she respected (presumably Renie) choosing to "align themselves with extreme toxicity". The latter is from Renie on the 30th presumably addressing Antos' post from the previous day.

You are missing the thing that Antos is referring to. How and why and to who did Renie align themselves with that led her to make that Tweet?
Without knowing who Renie aligned himself with whose beliefs Antos deemed toxic is, it's impossible to comment. More context is needed.
https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status ... 4985257985 (replying to someone pointing out she's calling for violence)
The Tweet she replied to is no longer visible. Insufficient context to know what is happening.

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:04:32 pm
Absolutely heartbreaking to witness someone you used to respect, admire, and call a friend actively choose to align themselves with extreme toxicity.

Where's the insult?
You seem to have skipped something. The first is from Antos on the 29th making a reference to someone she respected (presumably Renie) choosing to "align themselves with extreme toxicity". The latter is from Renie on the 30th presumably addressing Antos' post from the previous day.

You are missing the thing that Antos is referring to. How and why and to who did Renie align themselves with that led her to make that Tweet?
Without knowing who Renie aligned himself with whose beliefs Antos deemed toxic is, it's impossible to comment. More context is needed.
The Tweet she replied to is no longer visible. Insufficient context to know what is happening.
The um... the toxicity and "used to respect' would be the insults, my guy.

Let's get into this. Heather gives a veiled threat to social media and is obviously informing other peers about a minority immigrant having the gall to want to make money for herself and get promotion for her works where they can. You can certainly tell that's happening here, correct? Simple yes/no will work. If yes, we've established she does live up to the reputation that she engages in blacklisting.

Why can't a minority do what they want to with their own crowdfunding? Why was the more noble move capitulation? And why outright discount the claim from Renie of the whisper network Antos gets so much heat for (that you attributed to sexism an hour ago). I'm just curious why your immediate thought from this that you've apparently only seen for the first time from me, your first thoughts are with Renie on the defensive and to defend her reputation being ruined (and not the person actively engaging in reputation destruction).

"The Tweet she replied to is no longer visible. Insufficient context to know what is happening."

The deleted tweet is easy to find if you know how to use the internet. Starts with "Nice call for violence", and is related to her response here for the Roe vs Wade ruling

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status ... 7861366786

Let me guess, since that aligns with your political views, those calls for violence are "totally different" and Antos is just still being attacked because of her gender?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:14:38 pm Let's get into this. Heather gives a veiled threat to social media and is obviously informing other peers about a minority immigrant having the gall to want to make money for herself and get promotion for her works where they can. You can certainly tell that's happening here, correct? Simple yes/no will work. If yes, we've established she does live up to the reputation that she engages in blacklisting.
Without knowing the instigating action (who Renie aligned themselves with and who that other person's "extreme toxicity" is) I cannot agree with that.

I don't know what form Renie's allegiance to this third individual took.

I'm inclined to guess you're talking about EVS, the most prominent figure in CG, but I don't know. I didn't keep up with any of this drama.
Why can't a minority do what they want to with their own crowdfunding? Why was the more noble move capitulation? And why outright discount the claim from Renie of the whisper network Antos gets so much heat for (that you attributed to sexism an hour ago). I'm just curious why your immediate thought from this that you've apparently only seen for the first time from me, your first thoughts are with Renie on the defensive and to defend her reputation being ruined (and not the person actively engaging in reputation destruction).
You are giving me an incomplete story.

Who did Renie (who I gather is a woman from the way you refer to them) align herself with, and what are these other person's beliefs that Renie supported which Antos deemed to be toxic?

I need a fuller picture to form an informed opinion.
"The Tweet she replied to is no longer visible. Insufficient context to know what is happening."

The deleted tweet is easy to find if you know how to use the internet. Starts with "Nice call for violence", and is related to her response here for the Roe vs Wade ruling

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status ... 7861366786
All that says is "Burn it all down". Still not enough information.
Let me guess, since that aligns with your political views, those calls for violence are "totally different" and Antos is just still being attacked because of her gender?
Again, you're giving me an incomplete story. But I'll try to cobble it together.

What the Supreme Court did when they overruled Roe v Wade was an attack on women's rights, and supporting that action is an attack against them as well. Of course they have the right to be defensive about it.

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

Without knowing the instigating action (who Renie aligned themselves with and who that other person's "extreme toxicity" is) I cannot agree with that.
Actually you can make a pretty immediate statement on what is correct behavior in this instance. If you want to say you're for blacklisting, that's fine. You just can't go back to saying the milkshake picture has anything to do with sexism if the recipient of the hate is putting down other women and created an inflammatory environment that she initiates.

We agree Heather brought up Renie first, correct? You even willing to admit that?

You "not keeping up with the drama" is no excuse. You're here making an opinion on Antos's character, while admitting to not even having a good foundation on all the antics.

Who did Renie (who I gather is a woman from the way you refer to them) align herself with, and what are these other person's beliefs that Renie supported which Antos deemed to be toxic?
If you bother reading Renie's tweets (you obviously aren't), she states she is a woman in just the two tweets I linked. Why would I need to refer to them for you in some way when they literally tell you what they are in what I linked?

The big takeaway. We have someone with the protected class status (immigrant, woman, minority) expressing an issue with Antos. Why would someone like Renie work with racists that hate her (and then feature her)? Why is the only one she's having a problem with here Antos? Why do you immediately believe Antos over her?

Do you believe Antos brings any of the drama on herself because of her social media and attempts at reputation destruction? I'd like a yes/no there.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:34:05 pm
Actually you can make a pretty immediate statement on what is correct behavior in this instance. If you want to say you're for blacklisting, that's fine. You just can't go back to saying the milkshake picture has anything to do with sexism if the recipient of the hate is putting down other women and created an inflammatory environment that she initiates.

We agree Heather brought up Renie first, correct? You even willing to admit that?

You "not keeping up with the drama" is no excuse. You're here making an opinion on Antos's character, while admitting to not even having a good foundation on all the antics.

If you bother reading Renie's tweets (you obviously aren't), she states she is a woman in just the two tweets I linked. Why would I need to refer to them for you in some way when they literally tell you what they are in what I linked?

The big takeaway. We have someone with the protected class status (immigrant, woman, minority) expressing an issue with Antos. Why would someone like Renie work with racists that hate her (and then feature her)? Why is the only one she's having a problem with here Antos? Why do you immediately believe Antos over her?

Do you believe Antos brings any of the drama on herself because of her social media and attempts at reputation destruction? I'd like a yes/no there.
It was Antos who first voiced an issue with Renie on the 29th. Renie's Tweet was in response to that.

You still haven't given me the context of what instigated Antos' initial post.

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:37:48 pm
The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:34:05 pm

It was Antos who first voiced an issue with Renie on the 29th. Renie's Tweet was in response to that.

You still haven't given me the context of what instigated Antos' initial post.
I don't need too besides state it's someone that Antos disagrees with. Maybe you'll finally do that pesky research yourself to figure out why you support what you do :P
We've established Antos starts the fires, and that a blacklisting happens publicly that she initiates (to the who struck first question you had as an attempt at denial of her actions, remember?).
Renie delved into crowdfunding, same as Jae Lee, another in a long line Antos also had a public problem with (you can google that whole Jae Lee story and the eventual Tom King apology/Antos refusing to apologize part). Renie limiting herself to working with only poeple Antos approves of leaves her where she was originally, not making any money. It's also very weird on your part to ask those questions when stating that you can tell a white woman is initiating a blacklisting of a minority.

This back and forth is actually a great reflection of how Valiant failed again so epically. Some fans (the 5 paragraph Trump rant in 2023 means I put you in this) and creators/editors put their biases, ideology, and public bridge burning above story quality and success for the industry. The problem with that ideology is you don't have enough people that want to associate with those sorts of actions, so the business craters while the other side rejoices in it. It happened to Valiant. It's currently happening to IDW. That type of unprofessionalism just has no place in an industry that relies on sales success for a standard of living.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:14:47 pm We've established Antos starts the fires,
We've done no such thing.

The fire started when Renie aligned herself with whomever it is that Antos beliefs holds extreme toxic views. You refuse to tell me who that is and what those views are.

and that a blacklisting happens publicly that she initiates (to the who struck first question you had as an attempt at denial of her actions, remember?).
Renie delved into crowdfunding, same as Jae Lee, another in a long line Antos also had a public problem with (you can google that whole Jae Lee story and the eventual Tom King apology/Antos refusing to apologize part). Renie limiting herself to working with only poeple Antos approves of leaves her where she was originally, not making any money. It's also very weird on your part to ask those questions when stating that you can tell a white woman is initiating a blacklisting of a minority.
If blacklisting happened, it began when Renie aligned herself with someone you refuse to name that has extreme toxic views. It had nothing to do with her gender or skin color.

The Harbinger

Post by The Harbinger »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:20:34 pm
The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:14:47 pm We've established Antos starts the fires,

The fire started when Renie aligned herself with whomever it is that Antos beliefs holds extreme toxic views. You refuse to tell me who that is and what those views are.

and that a blacklisting happens publicly that she initiates (to the who struck first question you had as an attempt at denial of her actions, remember?).
If blacklisting happened, it began when Renie aligned herself with someone you refuse to name that has extreme toxic views. It had nothing to do with her gender or skin color.

That was intentional I didn't name them because I wanted to display the ideological trap you and the comic industry fell too.

Didn't you just admit earlier you didn't even know Renie was a woman, and that you "don't keep up with the drama". Yet even with those admissions of the situation on record for us, you accuse this person you didn't know of an hour ago of being someone that has aligned with extremely toxic views just based on an Antos tweet? What specific extremist view are you referring too exactly that a minority immigrant woman seems to not have a problem with, but said minority should lose the ability to gain income over?

Very interesting thought process you're having here. Please expand.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Harbinger wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:35:17 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:20:34 pm

That was intentional I didn't name them because I wanted to display the ideological trap you and the comic industry fell too.

Didn't you just admit earlier you didn't even know Renie was a woman, and that you "don't keep up with the drama". Yet even with those admissions of the situation on record for us, you accuse this person you didn't know of an hour ago of being someone that has aligned with extremely toxic views just based on an Antos tweet? What specific extremist view are you referring too exactly that a minority immigrant woman seems to not have a problem with, but said minority should lose the ability to gain income over?

Very interesting thought process you're having here. Please expand.
I've made no such accusations. I quoted Antos' tweet you linked to and asked you, many times, to expand on who it was Renie "aligned" herself with and what are those person's "extremely toxic" views, which you refuse to do.

You're playing games and wasting time.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

The mood on the boards when they brought Antos in on Valiant ranged from excited to cautiously optimistic. As an editor and later senior editor, she brought in creators whose only criteria were philosophical to churn out poor quality books, which she approved as editor. Her public perception was that she didn’t really care much about Valiant or its characters and she might as well have been editing Widget Comics for all she cared for the characters. She was brought in after a period of stagnation and delivered scrubs and non-starters like Psi-Lords. The Livewire run totally wrecked the character and they wrote X-O like he was Booster Gold. Finally got the DC Lite, I guess.

Editors should not be seen or heard. It is counterproductive to make your name known to the public by antagonising fans on social media - even if they start it. Very unprofessional. While it does rally the support of stakeholders, that did not translate to any sort of boost in sales, but the good news might be that DMG has not acted like it really cares much about sales, or really even publishing comics, more to keep the IP. She was during the era when Valiant published fewer titles than it had editors and we still get things like the potato car.

Antos captained a sinking ship but she did leave it worse off than when she found it.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:06:51 pm The mood on the boards when they brought Antos in on Valiant ranged from excited to cautiously optimistic. As an editor and later senior editor, she brought in creators whose only criteria were philosophical to churn out poor quality books, which she approved as editor. Her public perception was that she didn’t really care much about Valiant or its characters and she might as well have been editing Widget Comics for all she cared for the characters. She was brought in after a period of stagnation and delivered scrubs and non-starters like Psi-Lords. The Livewire run totally wrecked the character and they wrote X-O like he was Booster Gold. Finally got the DC Lite, I guess.

Editors should not be seen or heard. It is counterproductive to make your name known to the public by antagonising fans on social media - even if they start it. Very unprofessional. While it does rally the support of stakeholders, that did not translate to any sort of boost in sales, but the good news might be that DMG has not acted like it really cares much about sales, or really even publishing comics, more to keep the IP. She was during the era when Valiant published fewer titles than it had editors and we still get things like the potato car.

Antos captained a sinking ship but she did leave it worse off than when she found it.
Sounds like the transitional period at the end of VH 1 when Acclaim only published Ninjak, Bloodshot, and X-O Manowar twice a month, and the period after VH 2 when Acclaim published the third Shadowman series, the Shadowman/Turok crossover, Unity 2000, and the continuation of Quantum & Woody.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:49:01 pm

Politically, people did not become "Trump supporters" because they liked The Apprentice or his cameos in movies and TV series.

Politically, they became his supporters and enablers only AFTER he voiced his hateful beliefs about Mexicans.

That is because they themselves already had those beliefs and they see in him someone likeminded who is in a position to attain power they believe is necessary to "solve" the problem and, maybe, confer some of that power onto them.

All it took for him to incite one riot was lie about winning the election. You don't think or accept that he can do much worse than that?

Would you really like to work in a place where the type of people that stormed the Capitol have positions of authority over you or are your equals but hate you?
Poor Mexico, so far from the Lord, so close to the United States.

This quote got me to comparing Trump to Porfirio Diaz in my mind. Wouldn’t it be great if Donald Trump was our version of Porfirio Diaz? :D :D

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:12:55 pm Poor Mexico, so far from the Lord, so close to the United States.

This quote got me to comparing Trump to Porfirio Diaz in my mind. Wouldn’t it be great if Donald Trump was our version of Porfirio Diaz? :D :D
I have no doubt that he wants to. It's his endgame.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:10:49 pm
Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:06:51 pm The mood on the boards when they brought Antos in on Valiant ranged from excited to cautiously optimistic. As an editor and later senior editor, she brought in creators whose only criteria were philosophical to churn out poor quality books, which she approved as editor. Her public perception was that she didn’t really care much about Valiant or its characters and she might as well have been editing Widget Comics for all she cared for the characters. She was brought in after a period of stagnation and delivered scrubs and non-starters like Psi-Lords. The Livewire run totally wrecked the character and they wrote X-O like he was Booster Gold. Finally got the DC Lite, I guess.

Sounds like the transitional period at the end of VH 1 when Acclaim only published Ninjak, Bloodshot, and X-O Manowar twice a month, and the period after VH 2 when Acclaim published the third Shadowman series, the Shadowman/Turok crossover, Unity 2000, and the continuation of Quantum & Woody.
If only things were that good.

Kind of like Star Trek. It took Discovery for me to realise how good didn’t suck Enterprise was.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:13:59 pm
Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:12:55 pm Poor Mexico, so far from the Lord, so close to the United States.

I would not have guessed you to be the one to spark such hope in my soul.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:14:38 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:10:49 pm

If only things were that good.

Kind of like Star Trek. It took Discovery for me to realise how good didn’t suck Enterprise was.
:lol:

I like both. Discovery is a great sequel to Enterprise.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:15:34 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:13:59 pm

I would not have guessed you to be the one to spark such hope in my soul.
Hope? lol.

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

Ahhhhhh..... now I see why you kept beating a dead horse. BTW I work with 5 illegal Mexicans.. every one of them love Trump.

But I'm glad you jumped to your deranged rant first.

Good god how I just laughed