Free Comic Book Day 2024

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Free Comic Book Day 2024

Post by ManofTheAtom »

What might this contain?
FCBD24_SILVER_Alien-Books_VALIANT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

TronNerd82
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2021
Favorite character: Jack Boniface
Favorite title: Shadowman (90s)
Favorite writer: Bob Hall
Favorite artist: Bob Hall
Re: Free Comic Book Day 2024

Post by TronNerd82 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:23:16 pm What might this contain?

Who knows, but it's sure to be awesome!
Remember kids, sniffing glue will not get your parents back together!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

TronNerd82 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:53:42 pm

Who knows, but it's sure to be awesome!
:hope: :hope:
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Whi drew that cover?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

nycjadie wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:32:30 pm Whi drew that cover?
Don't know. Their signature is in the bottom right hand corner.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by MartinAlien »

That's Argentine artist Andres Ponce: https://www.instagram.com/andrestronik
Working for the Aliens

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

MartinAlien wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:16:29 pm That's Argentine artist Andres Ponce: https://www.instagram.com/andrestronik
Cool. Thanks.

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

MartinAlien wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:16:29 pm That's Argentine artist Andres Ponce: https://www.instagram.com/andrestronik
:thumb:

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

Wow. Really, really bad anatomy. Every head is too small. Livewire's boobs are bigger than her head. The forearms are too short. X-O's right arm doesn't make any sense and what's up with his green face? Glass? Okay, but why? This looks so C grade. Remember when Lewis LaRosa used to draw these characters...

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:14:22 pm

Wow. Really, really bad anatomy. Every head is too small. Livewire's boobs are bigger than her head. The forearms are too short. X-O's right arm doesn't make any sense and what's up with his green face? Glass? Okay, but why? This looks so C grade. Remember when Lewis LaRosa used to draw these characters...
I was honestly wondering where you'd been as I hadn't seen you post lately, so it's good to see you posting again.

I thought that news that the Eternal Warrior KS was being fulfilled had taken the wind out of your sails since now you wouldn't have anything to complain about. Clearly, I was wrong, heh.

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:05:02 pm

I was honestly wondering where you'd been as I hadn't seen you post lately, so it's good to see you posting again.

I thought that news that the Eternal Warrior KS was being fulfilled had taken the wind out of your sails since now you wouldn't have anything to complain about. Clearly, I was wrong, heh.
It's funny because it's true. He's such a whiging *SQUEE*, i don't even know why he's on here. Sometimes i think he's Dinesh's alias coming on here to troll, but then Dinesh is never negative. This twit just thrives on critisism.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:39:28 pm

It's funny because it's true. He's such a whiging *SQUEE*, i don't even know why he's on here. Sometimes i think he's Dinesh's alias coming on here to troll, but then Dinesh is never negative. This twit just thrives on critisism.
He just needs to chill and focus on talking about the comics. That won't be easy because he clearly has a problem with DMG and won't give Alien Books a chance, but I hope he does. Whatever they do may not be what Dinesh would have done, but it does not necessarily mean it'll be bad.

It's not like they'll have the Goat hang out with the Legion of Super-Heroes or something stupid like that, right?

Right?

Either way, all fans should be welcomed here.

daniellew61
Still Valiant after all these years.
Still Valiant after all these years.

Post by daniellew61 »

It makes him feel good and he thinks his posts are helpful. besides, he's posted when he likes stuff too....right? I think so.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:12:35 am

He just needs to chill and focus on talking about the comics. That won't be easy because he clearly has a problem with DMG and won't give Alien Books a chance, but I hope he does. Whatever they do may not be what Dinesh would have done, but it does not necessarily mean it'll be bad.

It's not like they'll have the Goat hang out with the Legion of Super-Heroes or something stupid like that, right?

Right?

Either way, all fans should be welcomed here.
That would be better than much of what Valiant has produced in the last 5 years. :?

The Chosen 1
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

daniellew61 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:36:56 am

It makes him feel good and he thinks his posts are helpful. besides, he's posted when he likes stuff too....right? I think so.
BOOM!!! :applause:
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:57:57 pm That would be better than much of what Valiant has produced in the last 5 years. :?
Well, let's give Alien a chance. Can't really judge them until we see what new content they're going to publish.

This one-shot might be our first indication of that. Unless they're just publishing things that were already worked on before the transfer of publishing rights and it will still be much longer after this until we see entirely new, Alien-developed, material.

I hope they tell us who's in charge of the creative (i.e., editor in chief and/or chief creative director) soon.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:06:34 pm
Chiclo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:57:57 pm That would be better than much of what Valiant has produced in the last 5 years. :?
Well, let's give Alien a chance. Can't really judge them until we see what new content they're going to publish.

This one-shot might be our first indication of that. Unless they're just publishing things that were already worked on before the transfer of publishing rights and it will still be much longer after this until we see entirely new, Alien-developed, material.

I hope they tell us who's in charge of the creative (i.e., editor in chief and/or chief creative director) soon.
Agreed on all points. I am ever optimistic when there is a new shakeup at Valiant.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Has the KS actually arrived for anybody yet?

Also, you haven't read the best Valiant books so I don't blame you for getting excited by this C level art.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:43:45 pm

Agreed on all points. I am ever optimistic when there is a new shakeup at Valiant.
Indeed.

Walter Black's been there through three of them now, so, if he's still hanging around, how bad can it be, right?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:47:57 pm

Also, you haven't read the best Valiant books so I don't blame you for getting excited by this C level art.
There you are.

Every party has a pooper, man...

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:52:40 pm

There you are.

Right, so no then. You know I'm starting to think you've been hired by DMG to make excuses for them and remind people of a time before Dinesh showed them up.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:25:22 pm

There you are.

Right, so no then. You know I'm starting to think you've been hired by DMG to make excuses for them and remind people of a time before Dinesh showed them up.
Can someone who's been banned multiple times really call me a party pooper lol. Enjoy posting here while you last this time.

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by MartinAlien »

That would be the amazing Lysa Hawkins.
Working for the Aliens

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

MartinAlien wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:47:13 am

That would be the amazing Lysa Hawkins.
Awesome, thanks.
Last edited by ManofTheAtom on Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:48:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:25:22 pm

There you are.

I did some work for Dinesh at VEI in the early years. I was even mentioned in two published comics and offered ideas that made it to the printed page of the first two issues of X-O Manowar and Archer & Armstrong, but I haven't done anything for VALIANT in several years.