Crap Marvel puts out

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Crap Marvel puts out

Post by Jaknife »

ok guys. I have just decided to rant a little, and vent on how dumb marvel is now.

Marvel has come out with such crap lately its not even funny. anyone remeber the 'Wolverine: snikt' comics? those hurt my eyes just to look at. now they have anime-style artists, and Allred(who has the worst non-anime style ever). all the good artists are gone except for salvador larocca. joe mad, jim lee...etc, gone. i haven't collected a recent issue of xmen in my life. just back issues from the mid 90s. and my god, could there be more x titles? somebody PLEASE steal their thesaurus. or else we will soon have ultimate/astonishing/amazing/superb/super-cool/uncanny/awesome/shiznik/lovely/xtreme/new/old/classic/rad/groovy/phat/sweet/fantastic/incredible/great/regular/absolute/congressional/republican/democratic/presidential/ manowar/dinosaur hunter/robot fighter/ renegade/gay/men of the atom/hot/and finally marvelous...X-Men. isnt that great. and thats just the xmen. we havent even mentioned xforce xfactor xthis xthat. sob. WHY! why did Marvel throw quality out the window?! WAAAAAHHH!

ok. well. I'm done.

putz
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-0

Post by putz »

(standing ovation) CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

i had a a complete run of uncanny that i started as a kid that went from issue 145 all the way up to that *SQUEE* *SQUEE* "phalynx covenant" thing.

as soon as i finished reading that turd of a storyline i cancelled all my xbooks. i still have a the first 75 issues of xfactor for god's sake.

after reading that book for all those years i was so completely destroyed by how lame they had become that i couldn't stand to read them anymore.

i hope joss whedon can do a good job with the new book and i sincerely hope they can get the characters to the point where we care about them again. i mean doesn't anyone else miss colossus or is it just me?

<sigh>

the house of ideas indeed...
WWSLJD, MF?

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

ME! Colossus was my favorite Xman. even over Wolverine. I say the phalanx covenant was crap, but i think the story got better down the road.

screamingdc
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by screamingdc »

Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men was excellent, i thought. anyways, you have hundreds of different X-titles because it sells. they could put out a book called X-crap and it'd be a top 100 book. weird how that works.

i do miss Colossus, but i kinda get why he was killed off. but then again, they've killed off Magneto a few times and he always seems to come back, and Jean Gray was recently killed off again and i'm guessing she'll come back within a few years. nobody ever really stays dead at Marvel, 'cept for Uncle Ben.

oh, and Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty much the only Marvel book worth reading now anyways. Joss Whedon has got a lot of hype but i'll wait a few issues before i endorse his X-Men run.

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

I do enjoy ult spidey, and i read ult xmen, but it has gotten worse over time.

jordan silo
Account has been locked.

Post by jordan silo »

The crap Marvel puts out! (But I still do love Marvel) are those damn relaunches! :!:

Escaflown4
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

You guys are totally missing out for those that haven't started picking up Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Finally somebody has the right idea on how X-Men should be written. The latest issue #7 has me cracking up with the conversation between the Thing and Wolverine. Don't want to put any spoilers here, so go read the issue. :P

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

Escaflown4 wrote:You guys are totally missing out for those that haven't started picking up Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Finally somebody has the right idea on how X-Men should be written. The latest issue #7 has me cracking up with the conversation between the Thing and Wolverine. Don't want to put any spoilers here, so go read the issue. :P
Oh yeah, I saw that. That was good.

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

So far I think the Whedon X book is pretty good from what I've seen, but I gotta agree with the topic here. For some reason Marvel runs through cycles of great art and writing, and as soon as the books start selling like crazy like the Ultimate line, they poison it all with either overcomplicated storylines, lazy flashy art, or just by adding more and more new titles.

In my opinion it was Marvel that caused the great comic crash of the early 90's by trying to tie up as much of the display space as possible in the LCS's through not overprinting, but adding so many additional titles in such a short period of time. There were four or five spidey books and the same for ff and assorted xmen family titles. Then they made the dealers play ball with their exclusive distribution system and trying to elbow all the other companies out.

Master Dorque
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Master Dorque »

Yeah....to much X-Stuff. But like most long standing titles, the quality comes and goes with the creative teams. The titles I consider the "core" X-Men titles are "X-Men" and "Uncanny X-Men", and IMHO they have produced more good issues than bad over the past few years. Also, the new kid on the X-block, "Astonishing X-Men" seems to be off to a good start. It's sad that Marvel has to get greedy and try to cash in on the popularity of the X-Men by publishing so many lower quality X titles.