Re-reading: Harbinger #16

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
60%
40%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 5

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re-reading: Harbinger #16

Post by xoken »

For some reasone we are getting only half as many votes on the Harbinger books as the Eternal Warriors, any ideas why?

I thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Harbinger #16

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

very nice paper...it was great to see michael jackson on the cover-is he jj's sister or something?

anyway. i gave it a 6 because there were some plot developments...eddie being unable to control his power, peter being unable to convince him to join his renegade team...

it was mostly just a bunch of fighting though-and it was a little confusing...of course i have not been re-reading harbinger-i just jumped on here!

the picture of eddie killing that guy...pretty gruesome...and it really did have nice paper...

dave
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

okay...speaking of things they should've done...when flamingo melts the cables to the elevator-they should've shown it begin to fall-i couldn't figure out what she did.

the guy behind kris' place just watching them? that was cool. added some intrigue (could it be harada's goon???)

bazooka blasts the water tower-but at that angle-it would've hit HIM and he would've blown that girl teammate of his up too...

then you wonder where they are? okay. i thought they were on the ground...bad guys on the roof...no, they are all on the roof-bad guys were on top of the SECOND roof (?!) and then you spend the rest of the comic trying to figure out who's who...ax is down on the ground now-and harada's eggbreakers are blowing up "bigger fish"...but no it's still ax that is priority number one...bazooka has the drop on eddie, sparrow and flashbulb-he shoots once wounding sparrow-then runs off and turns his back on eddie...eddie tackles him from behind bazooka drops his gun-reaches for it as eddies tries to absorb a chimney...and gets shot in the arm. immediately bazooka is above him with the end of his gun pointed in eddie's face...now it's some guy looking for ax, with spikeman behind him (never turn your back on an eggbreaker... :P ) oh look-ax fell (when?!) and broke his ankle-haha. but spikeman puts a spike in your head (who's laughing now?!) and then steals ax's grilfriend...but first LIVEWIRE disintegrates the gun and saves eddie's life! (yeah.) but he's got a gun (boo.) and hits LW inna head! (boo.) but eddie grabs him (yeah.) and absorbs him (ew.)

did i make my point about the whole thing being a jumbled up mess???

no wonder dawg hates harbinger!

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Kind of a mish-mash, a little bit of entertaining. They sure are introducing a lot of characters ... moves too fast.

xoken

Post by xoken »

I hate this cover. I hate the colours. I hate those costumes too.

Nice opening. Pete is badass again.

Nice move taking out the water tower. They never would have stayed on the edge though. Pete should have flown them right off the bat.

Simpson really skimped when he drew that eggbreaker plane on page 11.

I really enjoyed the eggbreaker/Ax's renegades fight. Some nice double crossing. Only problem is I dont really care about any of these people. Without Sting and company in the mix things are just eh. And another thing why are they splitting up so much. I mean Kris and zeph stay home while the others go out.

Stronghold doing that thing to livewire was gross as hell. He said livewire died inside of him. That would make anyone pretty messed up for a long time.

Pete turns up like a commerical break offering to fix everything...blah

decent. 6

xoken

Post by xoken »

dave wrote:okay...speaking of things they should've done...when flamingo melts the cables to the elevator-they should've shown it begin to fall-i couldn't figure out what she did.

the guy behind kris' place just watching them? that was cool. added some intrigue (could it be harada's goon???)

bazooka blasts the water tower-but at that angle-it would've hit HIM and he would've blown that girl teammate of his up too...

then you wonder where they are? okay. i thought they were on the ground...bad guys on the roof...no, they are all on the roof-bad guys were on top of the SECOND roof (?!) and then you spend the rest of the comic trying to figure out who's who...ax is down on the ground now-and harada's eggbreakers are blowing up "bigger fish"...but no it's still ax that is priority number one...bazooka has the drop on eddie, sparrow and flashbulb-he shoots once wounding sparrow-then runs off and turns his back on eddie...eddie tackles him from behind bazooka drops his gun-reaches for it as eddies tries to absorb a chimney...and gets shot in the arm. immediately bazooka is above him with the end of his gun pointed in eddie's face...now it's some guy looking for ax, with spikeman behind him (never turn your back on an eggbreaker... :P ) oh look-ax fell (when?!) and broke his ankle-haha. but spikeman puts a spike in your head (who's laughing now?!) and then steals ax's grilfriend...but first LIVEWIRE disintegrates the gun and saves eddie's life! (yeah.) but he's got a gun (boo.) and hits LW inna head! (boo.) but eddie grabs him (yeah.) and absorbs him (ew.)

did i make my point about the whole thing being a jumbled up mess???

no wonder dawg hates harbinger!
depluto wrote:Kind of a mish-mash, a little bit of entertaining. They sure are introducing a lot of characters ... moves too fast.

Yup this was a mess but team battles always are in comics.

Im only a fan of the new characters as a side note to pete and the gang.