Seamonsters & Superheroes big news

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Scott Mills
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Seamonsters & Superheroes big news

Post by Scott Mills »

Issue 4 is on sale now... it's the best one yet.

This one's been flying off the racks even faster than the first 3 issues, so ask your local retailer to reorder a few copies (and be sure to reserve future issues).

I'm still wrapping up the art on the 6th issue of SEAMONSTERS & SUPERHEROES, but I've just finished the front cover to the 7th issue:

It's inspired by the graphic and architectural design of Archigram member Peter Cook (no, not the bass player in New Order; that would be Peter Hook); who's work I belatedly discovered at the Design Museum in London.

Everyone should look up the Design Museum's website and check out Peter Cook and Sam Buxton and Daniel Brown.

Details on a release date (and exact contents and such) are still sketchy, but here's the cover to the first SEAMONSTERS & SUPERHEROES collection.

I'm shooting to have the center circle be diecut so that when you open the book you get a huge "screenshot" of a phony S&S Atari-style videogame with dozens of heroes and squids fighting each other, and the book's title and other indicia rendered as the game's score and stats.

One thing I'm pretty sure about the book is that it will contain issues 1-4 and 6 of the bimonthly series, with LOTS of extra new stuff, and a LOT of the older pages completely redrawn for this edition.

That is all.