Should we?? (evil, evil thoughts)

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Do we burn the overprints?

Yes.
68%
No.
32%

Total votes: 19

kyanther
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Should we?? (evil, evil thoughts)

Post by kyanther »

Allright, call me crazy, but I figure I'll just toss this out and see what kind of reaction it causes....

I've been thinking about all these "useless" overprinted valiant books. Almost no one wants them but us, and there's quite a few of us who have multiple upon multiple copies.

Bloodshot 1. How many copies exsist? Too Many. Ninjak? Turok?

How's about we destroy them????HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. We can pick up like 200 copies of Turok 1 for 5 bucks. Pick out the best ones and see how well cromium burns? I'm gonna set up a poll to see how many other sickos there are in the community :)

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

200 copies of Turok 1 for $5?

Amateur.

I think it was Zero that scored 1100 for $33.

kyanther

Post by kyanther »

ROTFLMAO!!! Ok, that is one reason I NEVER thought I would be called an amature. If I had a reward I would give you one.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

I must admit, I've though about burning my overstock... Just to make those super over-printed valiants worth just a little bit more. The only problem is, even registered member of the board could do it,I still don't think we'd make a recognizable dent in the overall grand scheme of things!

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

as I side note... I feel really bad I have a lot of back issues but only ONE copy of turok #1 and it's just the regular copy... :(

cobra_commander
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!

Post by cobra_commander »

Turok #1s must burn :twisted:

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

I really never developed a particular irritation for Turok 1.

Rai 9 and Magnus 25, on the other hand...

kyanther

Post by kyanther »

Chiclo wrote:I really never developed a particular irritation for Turok 1.

Rai 9 and Magnus 25, on the other hand...
Oh, don't get me wrong, i have no particular hate for any of the books. I just think there's too many of them and it makes people take them for granted.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

rai 9 and mags 25 are GREAT packing material
I think I accually destroyed all my turok 1s lol lol

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

thePike wrote:as I side note... I feel really bad I have a lot of back issues but only ONE copy of turok #1 and it's just the regular copy... :(
Just keep buying Valiants off of ebay and eventually you'll win a lot with Turok #1's used as packing material to protect the other books....

Stinger
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Stinger »

I'd vote yes. It's so depressing to have so many overstocked comics laying around the floor. I wonder how much will you make money if you insteads recycle whole Turok? LIke someone pays you for recycled cans.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

"chromium reclamation"

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

I vote we destroy them!! Mmmhhwwhahahaha!!

or hoard them.... or feed them to goats... use them as fire start.. catch taht oil drip under my car....

Cmon lets think about the environment.. we can just simply BURN them.. they have to be of SOME value.. am I right here?? At least toilet paper or something.. hmm, a new fad, chromium toilet paper!!

Yes, yes!!! we can sell this to really rich people, Chromium Toilet paper, only for the rich!! You butt deserves the best!!! Only $5 per tissue!!

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

IanAlexavier wrote:I vote we destroy them!! Mmmhhwwhahahaha!!

or hoard them.... or feed them to goats... use them as fire start.. catch taht oil drip under my car....

Cmon lets think about the environment.. we can just simply BURN them.. they have to be of SOME value.. am I right here?? At least toilet paper or something.. hmm, a new fad, chromium toilet paper!!

Yes, yes!!! we can sell this to really rich people, Chromium Toilet paper, only for the rich!! You butt deserves the best!!! Only $5 per tissue!!
This would be perfect for Sheryl Crow, she only uses one square at a time so I am sure whe would rather her TP not be on a roll.

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

Hmmm, I don't think I could ever bring myself to 'soil' any Valiant book on purpose, even a Turok #1... I've been known to use comics as packing material, but just never a Valiant... thats akin to tearing up the bible as far as I'm concerned.

As I walk up to pearly gates and all my sins a re revealed to me -- just before walking in I get St Peter beating me upside the head with a rolled up Turok #1 just like a bad puppy that just scat on the carpet...

Not how I want to go out... :P

thePike
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by thePike »

besides, isn't hoarding all of these over-issued Valiants the same as destroying them?

Stinger

Post by Stinger »

IanAlexavier wrote: At least toilet paper or something.. hmm, a new fad, chromium toilet paper!!

Hm, that's a good idea. I wonder what kind of material is the "chromium cover" If that material is really chromium, that should be worth a lot more than the comic itself.

Seriously, that's a good idea. We can find ways to use the chromium. Maybe burning to sniff the fume of chromium to get high. Sell that to drug dealers.

The Mighty Drew
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by The Mighty Drew »

I hate to poop on the parade, especially when I'm sure this thread is in jest, BUT...

Does anyone really want to start burning books? I mean, think about it. Screw the value of your books. The only true value is what the books you love are worth TO YOU.

Every comic can be someone's first comic. Don't hoard them. That is equally ridiculous. Give them to someone who maybe has never read a comic before, or maybe a reader who is interested in the return of Valiant. You may create a new comic book fan, or even better, a Valiant comic fan.
19) VALIANT WILL RETURN.
It'll be a celebration of complete chaos and destruction.
It'll be a glorious time of weeping. The earth will shift on its axis.

cobra_commander

The Mighty Drew wrote:I hate to poop on the parade, especially when I'm sure this thread is in jest, BUT...

Does anyone really want to start burning books? I mean, think about it. Screw the value of your books. The only true value is what the books you love are worth TO YOU.

Every comic can be someone's first comic. Don't hoard them. That is equally ridiculous. Give them to someone who maybe has never read a comic before, or maybe a reader who is interested in the return of Valiant. You may create a new comic book fan, or even better, a Valiant comic fan.
Reading Turok #1 as your first comic is like losing your virginity to a prostitute. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Second_Death
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Second_Death »

BY ORDER OF CONGRESS: :wink: ..................

It is illegal too burn or mame any Valiant publication regardless of print run except Deathmate, PUNX, and the XO/IM crossovers (burn baby burn).

The Mighty Drew

Post by The Mighty Drew »

cobra_commander wrote:Reading Turok #1 as your first comic is like losing your virginity to a prostitute. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Good analogy. But was it relly THAT bad? I remember the series kinda sucked *SQUEE*, but I vaguely remember the first issue showing promise. Maybe we should just remark all the covers with a disclaimer. "WARNING! IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE!!!"

Wasn't Bart Sears on the art chores? At least we had him!

The point is, don't burn books. Your not gonna make me reproduce a speech from "Footloose" or "Field of Dreams" are you? :o :wink:
19) VALIANT WILL RETURN.
It'll be a celebration of complete chaos and destruction.
It'll be a glorious time of weeping. The earth will shift on its axis.

cobra_commander

The Mighty Drew wrote: Maybe we should just remark all the covers with a disclaimer. "WARNING! IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE!!!"
:lol:

I can get on board with that idea

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

The Mighty Drew wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:Reading Turok #1 as your first comic is like losing your virginity to a prostitute. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Good analogy. But was it relly THAT bad? I remember the series kinda sucked *SQUEE*, but I vaguely remember the first issue showing promise. Maybe we should just remark all the covers with a disclaimer. "WARNING! IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE!!!"

Wasn't Bart Sears on the art chores? At least we had him!

The point is, don't burn books. Your not gonna make me reproduce a speech from "Footloose" or "Field of Dreams" are you? :o :wink:
Yeah, don't burn 'em.....run them through a shredder.....

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

If 1000 members burnt 200 copies each of Turok 1 (say a bagged boarded short box roughly?), in real terms the remaining volume of stock is still pretty damn huge...

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

I say, burn 'em all. That way, the ones I (well, we) still own will be worth all the more!

:twisted:

-slym (he keeds, he keeds)
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.