First Post / Newly Registered

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Master Dorque
My posts can all fit in a short box
First Post / Newly Registered

Post by Master Dorque »

I've been a fan of Valiant since they first started, and have been a regular visitor to this site for quite a while. Finally decided to register and join in the fun. I want to thank Greg for the excellent job he's done with this site. It really has been a great resource, and has rekindled my interest in Valiant. So now I am actively trying to fill in the holes in my VH1 collection. I'm doing pretty good, I only need a handful of books from the regular series. There are quite a few of the premium books that I still need....but I figure getting those will be more of a long term project. I regularly buy and sell on Ebay, and will be listing some of my Valiant doubles, including a bunch of Valiant Voices. I also have a Valiant item that I've never seen on any site or Ebay. It's a Valiant "dumper box" comic display box. It's the display box that the comic chop would stack the Valiant comics in for display and sale. It's black and has the red/white/black Valiant star-V logo on the sides, and "Valiant" and the logo across the front. It has two levels, so the comics in the back stick up a little higher than those in the front, and it is divided down the middle, making four storage areas - two lower and two upper. Then it has a cardboard sign that attaches to the top back of the display. The sign is reversible, one side says "Valiant" and "New Release" and the logo, and if you fold it over the other way it has the "Chaos Effect" logo with the fractal image. Anybody seen one of these? Don't think I would part with it, but I'm curious as to just how rare an item it is.

twofour
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by twofour »

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!! Have fun and don't be shy!!!

twofour

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Yeah this board is unlike most of them on the internet...We all get along for the most part...very little bickering and fighting...I guess because it is such a narrow group of people..you either loved valiant and you are on here or you hate valiant and you dont come here. This place is a great resource and it is also a good waste of time...and probably someone on here will have those needed issues..I know that I have made plenty of good deals through this site. welcome...oh yeah greg do you think that we could get that section up where new people could post how they got into comics? I do not remember the title of it but I remember enjoying reading how everyone got into comics and valiants...

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

Last edited by Vault-Keeper on Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:22:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kryptonitecomics

Post by kryptonitecomics »

Welcome, I'm not much more than a newbie myself. If you like Valiants, your welcome here. Pretty easy rule huh!

I actually remember seeing one of those display a few years ago. I don't think it was for sale, but a local shop was still using one to display their back issue Valiants. 8-)