Bragging rights - your best deal of late?

Quick access to important topics since 2004

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
Re: Bragging rights - your best deal of late?

Post by ian_house »

400yrs wrote:
sonicdan wrote:Are these worth anything? :hm: :D

Very nice. And they are bagged and boarded. None of the ones I found were bagged and boarded so they weren't in the best shape.

Where did you find those?
Is that the dude who later turns up in Invincible? As a bad guy then turns good (very vague memories here, musta been quite early on).

Never seen them before look hella cool.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

ian_house wrote:
400yrs wrote:

Very nice. And they are bagged and boarded. None of the ones I found were bagged and boarded so they weren't in the best shape.

Is that the dude who later turns up in Invincible? As a bad guy then turns good (very vague memories here, musta been quite early on).

Yes it is. Titan maybe?

These capes books were a decent read but the main reason #1 is worth money is because it contains the preview for the walking dead.
ASM Crossover Home

bosco685
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by bosco685 »

400yrs wrote:
ian_house wrote:
400yrs wrote:

Yes it is. Titan maybe?

These capes books were a decent read but the main reason #1 is worth money is because it contains the preview for the walking dead.
Nice!

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

I picked them up at my local Hastings Entertainment store. And yep, the Walking Dead preview is what makes them desirable.
They sell current comics and "generic" back issues usually at .99,1.99 or 2.99 price points.
I once found a Turok no price variant there as well as some other goodies.
DAN
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

It is amazing in this day and age any dealers are not aware of EVERY book related to Walking Dead as much of these sell for. Their loss - your gain.

Does that Christmas Image issue still go for a decent price, as those were selling nutty at one point because of the Walking Dead cameo.

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

sonicdan wrote:I picked them up at my local Hastings Entertainment store. And yep, the Walking Dead preview is what makes them desirable.
They sell current comics and "generic" back issues usually at .99,1.99 or 2.99 price points.
I once found a Turok no price variant there as well as some other goodies.
DAN
The best I can say is that I picked up 6 copies of A&A/EW 8 for $2. They were 50 cents each with a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

bosco685 wrote:It is amazing in this day and age any dealers are not aware of EVERY book related to Walking Dead as much of these sell for. Their loss - your gain.

Does that Christmas Image issue still go for a decent price, as those were selling nutty at one point because of the Walking Dead cameo.

They'll still move from $25 - $30, but sometimes it takes a little while to move them.

The Capes #1 is a very up and down book. It appears to be up right now. Both of these books along with Agents #6 are the kind of books that you may still be able to find in some shops because not everyone everywhere is looking for these books.
ASM Crossover Home

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Gunna keep an eye out for any of that Capes stuff not seen it before.

Walking Dead preview? What's that? Is it some dumb black and white horror indie *SQUEE* Image are trying to promote? It'll never take off, Kirkman should stick to superheros where he's best.

:rant:

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

I picked up Invincible#1 today for $3...I'm not familiar if this book is a first print, or a reprint (do they exist). I look at the copies on ebay, and it seems to be the same as those...I grabbed an Incredible hulk french silver age for $3 as well...I had no idea what either of these books were worth but at $3 a piece I figured what the hell...

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

GGSAE wrote:I picked up Invincible#1 today for $3...I'm not familiar if this book is a first print, or a reprint (do they exist). I look at the copies on ebay, and it seems to be the same as those...I grabbed an Incredible hulk french silver age for $3 as well...I had no idea what either of these books were worth but at $3 a piece I figured what the hell...
You lucky git!

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

GGSAE wrote:I picked up Invincible#1 today for $3...I'm not familiar if this book is a first print, or a reprint (do they exist). I look at the copies on ebay, and it seems to be the same as those......

WTF? Those days are waaaaaay over. Hell, I've been on that book forever and I've never bought one for $3 except for the copy I bought off the stands. If it says #1 on the cover and doesn't say "Larry's" it's a first print. Congrats. :thumb:

Post up a scan. :)

Let me know if you are interested in trading it. :drool: Invincible #1 is a favorite of mine. :cloud9:
ASM Crossover Home

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

400yrs wrote:
GGSAE wrote:I picked up Invincible#1 today for $3...I'm not familiar if this book is a first print, or a reprint (do they exist). I look at the copies on ebay, and it seems to be the same as those......

WTF? Those days are waaaaaay over. Hell, I've been on that book forever and I've never bought one for $3 except for the copy I bought off the stands. If it says #1 on the cover and doesn't say "Larry's" it's a first print. Congrats. :thumb:

Let me know if you are interested in trading it. :drool: Invincible #1 is a favorite of mine. :cloud9:
:lol:

Larry's Variant. Someone had actually convinced CGC for a little while this book was worth more than the actual first print #1, and it was assigned a large amount of points in the registry. Thank goodness that was fixed over time, in addition to some other Larry's Variants.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

400yrs wrote:

Ah, okay thanks, so this is the book...Sure I can post a scan this weekend, I would say it's around VF condition...I was killing time at a flea market/pawn shop store and just saw two boxes of comics. What's the market value on this thing?...not sure if I want to sell it, I would consider a trade...

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0806205505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rai 1, 3, 4
Solar 1, 10 (1st print), 60
X-O Manowar 1, 67

$24 shipped (seller put a $19 BIN on it and shipping was $5).

The books arrived today and all are at least NM-. The Rai #3's Valiant logo is not centered. I verified that the Solar #10 is a 1st print. As a bonus, the X-O 1 was signed by Jorge Gonzales.

I haven't scored a Valiant deal like this in a long time.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

GGSAE wrote: Ah, okay thanks, so this is the book...Sure I can post a scan this weekend, I would say it's around VF condition...I was killing time at a flea market/pawn shop store and just saw two boxes of comics. What's the market value on this thing?...not sure if I want to sell it, I would consider a trade...

A VF Invincible #1 should get you probably $90 - $100.

I'm mainly looking for VF/NM and up copies, but if you decide to get rid of it, give me a shout. :thumb:
ASM Crossover Home

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

iggy101us wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0806205505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rai 1, 3, 4
Solar 1, 10 (1st print), 60
X-O Manowar 1, 67

$24 shipped (seller put a $19 BIN on it and shipping was $5).

The books arrived today and all are at least NM-. The Rai #3's Valiant logo is not centered. I verified that the Solar #10 is a 1st print. As a bonus, the X-O 1 was signed by Jorge Gonzales.

I haven't scored a Valiant deal like this in a long time.
Nice job!

Solar 10 first and second printing are still some of my favorite early books. And when that cover is NM+ or better, it just brings a sparkle to the eyes.

:cloud9:

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Ok.. I think I forgot to post this two weeks ago..

$30 for a pgx 9.0 solar 10 second print and sealed archer and armstrong first impressions hc.

Oh.. Did I forget to mention the pgx solar was certified signed and sketched by bob layton? :twisted:

And then today.. Valiant Voice #19 NM for 25 cents. :twisted:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Aram wrote:Ok.. I think I forgot to post this two weeks ago..

$30 for a pgx 9.0 solar 10 second print and sealed archer and armstrong first impressions hc.

Oh.. Did I forget to mention the pgx solar was certified signed and sketched by bob layton? :twisted:

You ruined it by saying it was pgx.

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

I have to agree. It has been proven on here and the Collectors Society Forum PGX's "primary grader" Ryan been been on a tear over the past two-three years buying up sub-standard books, and then encasing them as higher grade books. He has even bought CGC 5.0-7.0 books and then recased them as PGX books in much higher grades. And some end up in the "signature" cases.

:roll:

If a PGX Modern/Copper has been encased between 2010-2012, I would especially walk away no matter how rare a book is as you can count on it has been blessed by Ryan's caring hands.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

I wouldn't trust a PGX signature book for anything. What does he do? Does the PGX dude actually leave his parent's garage where he slabs the books to fly around to every single signing? Doubtful. He could've scribbled on it himself.

Never buy anything PGX.
ASM Crossover Home

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

400yrs wrote:I wouldn't trust a PGX signature book for anything. What does he do? Does the PGX dude actually leave his parent's garage where he slabs the books to fly around to every single signing? Doubtful. He could've scribbled on it himself.

Never buy anything PGX.
Amen brother!

He has been seen at shows by Collectors Society members that know of him buying up books that within weeks show up on his Ebay account in much higher PGX cases. There's been a few threads on that forum tracking what he is doing, and it is stomach-turning. Pretty much criminal!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

He un-ruined it by saying the thing about Valiant Voice 19 for 25 cents. That offsets anything wrong with a PGX slab.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

400yrs wrote:
GGSAE wrote: Ah, okay thanks, so this is the book...Sure I can post a scan this weekend, I would say it's around VF condition...I was killing time at a flea market/pawn shop store and just saw two boxes of comics. What's the market value on this thing?...not sure if I want to sell it, I would consider a trade...

A VF Invincible #1 should get you probably $90 - $100.

I'm mainly looking for VF/NM and up copies, but if you decide to get rid of it, give me a shout. :thumb:

Here you go, killer...it's not as bad shape as I thought after I took it out of the bag.

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

:clap: