XO 6 Zircher variant

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: XO 6 Zircher variant

Post by jmatt »

kevinbastos wrote:YES! I DID say that. I was graciously thanking Valiant for a month that eliminated the 1:20 variants in favor of 1:1 books - and only 1 1:50 variant.
See? I'm paying attention. :wink:

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

FormerReader wrote:
jaden_sai wrote:If anyone is looking for a copy of the X-O Manowar Vol 3 #6 Character Design Cover, looks like midtown comics has 16 left at $3.39 each.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... ri_1221090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are selling the X-O Manowar Vol 3 #6 Incentive Patrick Zircher Variant Cover at $51 :o

Strange...

That didn't take long.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350622620675?ss ... 1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's one that went cheap, I actually bid it up to $14...I should have put it in at least $20!

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

I believe VEI needs to make an official statement to inform Diamond, the LCS's and their customers on what is going on with the X-O Manowar #6 1:50 Variant.

I will be dissapointed if VEI does not address this soon because I pre-ordered a few copies of the X-O #6 1:50 Variant and have no idea which cover I will receive until the packages arrives. I also have no clue if I will get a refund from the vendor if I receive the 1:1 cover instead of the 1:50 Variant. :hm:

A message has been sent to the vendor where I made the pre-order and I am waiting for a reply.

I am sure other people who spent $$ on pre-ordering the variant will feel the same way.

jdmoonie77
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by jdmoonie77 »

My shop had the X-O CD at $34.99 and Zircher for cover!!!!

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

i went a head and ran to my LCS and noticed they had 2 zirchers there for cover... grabbed them both just to be on safe side!..no CD covers though..

bribri
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bribri »

My LCS handed me a stack of books today and said, "It looks like we didn't get the special hard-to-find X-O variant this week. So, perhaps we'll get it next week."

I saw the Zircher in my stack. So, I thought perhaps I was mistaken about which variant was 1:50.

I paid for my books at $3.99 each, left for home, and then read this thread. Looks like I got them all for cover price. :thumb:

drmirage
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

I just received this updated information from Impulse Creations

-----------------------------------------------------------
We did not receive any extra of the 1:50 variant although eBay did temporarily show an incorrect quantity of over 100 when all we ever added to the eBay store was 60.

The only receiving issue we had with this book is that we were shorted a large portion of one of the covers but Diamond has assured us that they have stock to fill that shortage so we will receive our original order quantities of all three covers. :o

I was not aware of any distribution issues until you brought this to our attention but we are now looking into it and will deal with it appropriately once we can determine exactly what happened and what Diamond or Valiant is doing to correct it. If the 1:50 variant was not actually produced at that ratio though then you will be given the option of returning them or having the price adjusted. :thumb:
----------------------------------------------------------------

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Mark Fuller wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Mark Fuller wrote:
greg wrote:It's supposed to be 1:50.

If your shop had dozens, that could be a Diamond error... or something could have changed on the ratio.

You're sure it was Zircher and not Braithwaite, right?
(They look similar...)

Zircher:

Braithwaite:
Definately Zircher. It may be a UK thing - ive just done a quick scan of ebay and seen that UK sellers have it a lot cheaper than US ones.

Anyone awake in the US yet to let us know what your stores have?

Interesting, me and a friend got this as it was the one that was out... got to the counter and had massive bills which confused the hell out of us.

£17 for a different cover, *SQUEE* ridiculous.
Was that Forbidden Planet? The London branch had 1 copy on the wall for £17 and only one copy of the design variant left on the shelf for cover price.
Sure was, Southampton. This thread went pretty mental!

Mark Fuller
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Mark Fuller »

I seem to have kicked something off with my first post yesterday! This entire thread is a testament to the power of communities like this board - without a single official word from distributor or publisher we’ve collectively got to something that looks like the true situation.

For what its worth my (comic-related) day panned out like this. I went along to the shop near my work to pick up my Valiant pull books not expecting the Zircher cover. To my surprise it was in the bag but the CD wasn’t. I then saw a pile of the Zirchers on the shelf and got excited! I rolled the dice and picked up four copies. (which i’ll probably now have to swallow.)

Then, on a whim, I wandered up the street to the big comics megastore. To my surprise I saw the Zircher cover on the wall for £17 (about $25 i think) and copy of the CD book on the shelf for cover price. I picked that up and got even more excited about my bag of Zirchers!

Then this thread went mad and I realised that snapping up cheap CD books may be a good idea. Only one to be found on ebay that I won for just over $14 (sorry GGSAE!)

All said and done it looks like the two got swapped somewhere along the line, but some shops hadn’t realised and have practically given away 1:50 variants. A few people may also have paid well over the odds for the Zircher cover, but the answer above from Impulse looks like this is something that may be dealt with.

What have we learned? Well, I’m loving the buzz of collecting hard to find variants, but the uncertainty and risk shown suggested by this case makes me a little more reluctant. Also, the sheer volume of variants Valiant are putting out might not be helping. I hope that VEI take stock of how the variant programme is working and think about whether they need to refine it a little bit. Maybe something along the lines of a 1:1 variant for each title, and a single 1:50 and 1:100 line variant for each month.

By the way, has anyone heard anything (official or unofficial) from VEI on this yet?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Mark Fuller wrote:I hope that VEI take stock of how the variant programme is working and think about whether they need to refine it a little bit. Maybe something along the lines of a 1:1 variant for each title, and a single 1:50 and 1:100 line variant for each month.
The plan you just suggested is what was in place for October. Zircher was the only 'limited' variant planned.

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

greg wrote:
Mark Fuller wrote:I hope that VEI take stock of how the variant programme is working and think about whether they need to refine it a little bit. Maybe something along the lines of a 1:1 variant for each title, and a single 1:50 and 1:100 line variant for each month.
The plan you just suggested is what was in place for October. Zircher was the only 'limited' variant planned.
November has the old plan... (Shadowman 1:50, 1:20, Bloodshot 1:25, Harbinger 1:25)

And December... (A & A 1:50, 1:25, Bloodshot 1:25, X-O 1:20)

And January... (Harbinger 1:125 Variant...)

As of right now, X-O Manowar #7 will be the FIRST Valiant comic sold in a comic shop that has only one cover.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

kevinbastos wrote:
greg wrote:
November has the old plan... (Shadowman 1:50, 1:20, Bloodshot 1:25, Harbinger 1:25)

And December... (A & A 1:50, 1:25, Bloodshot 1:25, X-O 1:20)

And January... (Harbinger 1:125 Variant...)

As of right now, X-O Manowar #7 will be the FIRST Valiant comic sold in a comic shop that has only one cover.
Reverse-rarity... super rare. Better get 10!

Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

ian_house wrote:
Mark Fuller wrote:
greg wrote:It's supposed to be 1:50.

If your shop had dozens, that could be a Diamond error... or something could have changed on the ratio.

You're sure it was Zircher and not Braithwaite, right?
(They look similar...)

Zircher:

Braithwaite:
Definately Zircher. It may be a UK thing - ive just done a quick scan of ebay and seen that UK sellers have it a lot cheaper than US ones.

Anyone awake in the US yet to let us know what your stores have?

Interesting, me and a friend got this as it was the one that was out... got to the counter and had massive bills which confused the hell out of us.

£17 for a different cover, *SQUEE* ridiculous.

I am just back from the shop. Looking after my son today ~ so went to town with him.
I got the counter at forbideen planet cambridge ~ and well I was :hm: no. £17.95 for a cover that has just come out!
I said put it back in my standing order, and I will check what the ratio is. He said 1/50
Picked up the other two covers of xo for cover.
:thumb: so looks like I ended up with the variant anyway ~ bonus!

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

Contacted the seller I bought the "1:50" Zircher from and he is going to issue a refund, but he did say that his shop received the correct ratio of both covers based on the several hundred Valiants they ordered. Maybe just a lucky retailer.
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

greg

Post by greg »

dbngaa wrote:Contacted the seller I bought the "1:50" Zircher from and he is going to issue a refund, but he did say that his shop received the correct ratio of both covers based on the several hundred Valiants they ordered. Maybe just a lucky retailer.
Regular and character design are what everyone ordered as the two standard covers, but character design hasn't been delivered in the correct quantity.
If he received hundreds of X-O character design variants, exactly how he ordered them, that would be news.

bribri
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bribri »

This may have already been mentioned in this thread, but I noticed the design variant has a thicker cover stock while the Zircher has the thin cover.

In the past, it's usually the harder-to-find variants that have the thicker stock, right? If so, this further suggests a printer error where the two covers were swapped. No?

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

bribri wrote:This may have already been mentioned in this thread, but I noticed the design variant has a thicker cover stock while the Zircher has the thin cover.

In the past, it's usually the harder-to-find variants that have the thicker stock, right? If so, this further suggests a printer error where the two covers were swapped. No?
Probably. I haven't been able to pick up my comics yet, but what about the other character design covers? How was their cover thickness? It has been my experience in the past, though, that all variants (even pullbox) have had the better covers.

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

greg wrote:
dbngaa wrote:Contacted the seller I bought the "1:50" Zircher from and he is going to issue a refund, but he did say that his shop received the correct ratio of both covers based on the several hundred Valiants they ordered. Maybe just a lucky retailer.
Regular and character design are what everyone ordered as the two standard covers, but character design hasn't been delivered in the correct quantity.
If he received hundreds of X-O character design variants, exactly how he ordered them, that would be news.
Yea, I didn't ask him to elaborate on the breakdown, but I can. Checking his eBay sales, he had 2 Zirchers and 5 CD covers up for sale. Sold all 5 of the CD covers @ $19.99 each, and one Zircher (to me). These numbers don't translate into "several hundred" but that's assuming he put them ALL up on ebay.
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

greg

Post by greg »

bribri wrote:This may have already been mentioned in this thread, but I noticed the design variant has a thicker cover stock while the Zircher has the thin cover.

I don't have a character design, so I can't check... but I did check the Braithwaite (regular) and the Zircher. Zircher is better cover stock than Braithwaite, but not as thick as some variants have been.

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears

Post by paradise »

He's probably lying, nobody I know got the CD covers in the right amounts. I have not heard of a single account.
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Judging by the #walkinwednesday pics that have been posted on Twitter, everyone is getting the regular and Zircher covers. I haven't seen one Character Design cover. Interested in seeing what's in my pullbox now.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

paradise wrote:
He's probably lying, nobody I know got the CD covers in the right amounts. I have not heard of a single account.
Maybe not lying, but uninformed. I'm thinking, since he had 2 "1:50" Zirchers and 5 CD covers, he probably bought 100 X-O's and assumed the CDs were 1:20. "Several hundred" seems like exaggeration, but I can see how he might interpret the ratio he received in the way that he did. In any case, he is refunding me for the Zircher, so I am good. I've bought from him before and will do so again, since he's just taking my word for it and not quoting eBay purchase agreements to me.

MarrowMan
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

ValiantComics ‏@ValiantComics

@FishAyePoker The Character Design cover is an order-all and the Zircher variant of X-O #6 is 1:50.

greg

Post by greg »

MarrowMan wrote:ValiantComics ‏@ValiantComics

@FishAyePoker The Character Design cover is an order-all and the Zircher variant of X-O #6 is 1:50.
That's what SHOULD have happened... but didn't happen.

When was that posted?

MarrowMan
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

greg wrote:
MarrowMan wrote:ValiantComics ‏@ValiantComics

That's what SHOULD have happened... but didn't happen.

When was that posted?
Minute ago?