Magnus Robot fighter #1

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Aomalle27
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?
Magnus Robot fighter #1

Post by Aomalle27 »

Any thoughts on this release this week. Haven't gotten a chance to read it yet but I will soon. How does it compare to VH1 Magnus? Does it strike you as an ongoing read or just a passing fancy?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Magnus Robot fighter #1

Post by magnusr »

Aomalle27 wrote:Any thoughts on this release this week. Haven't gotten a chance to read it yet but I will soon. How does it compare to VH1 Magnus? Does it strike you as an ongoing read or just a passing fancy?
It's been discussed in another tread to mixed reviews, but generally considered better/less bad than Turok. It's much more changed from Gold Key than VH1 was, but still not quite as much as I feared. Much too early yet to say how it will be but of course it can't compare to Steen Nation. Personally I was positivly surprised and will go on.

/Magnus

Aomalle27
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?

Post by Aomalle27 »

Like how it's incorporated some of "They live" into the new incarnation, making robots "hidden among the populace". It's also throwing in some elements of The Matrix for good measure. The art was blow your mind, but it definitely had a lot of nostalgic elements to pay homage to the previous incarnations. (Reminded me a lot of the art on VH1 Magnus issues 10-20) A 90's vibe to the opening of the title, and I'm actually looking forward to reading more. (unlike Turok, which needs a massive turnaround in the first arc otherwise I'll drop that title) confused though, is Magnus Russell in the flashbacks, or is that some sort of repressed memory of his parents, or even some artificial memory created by A1

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Aomalle27 wrote:confused though, is Magnus Russell in the flashbacks, or is that some sort of repressed memory of his parents, or even some artificial memory created by A1
My impression was the last of your options.

/Magnus