Ultraverse Rune

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

omega_override
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2014
Ultraverse Rune

Post by omega_override »

After seeing so many bits and pieces of #0 in the back of my Ultraverse books, I decided to give Rune a chance. I'm sure most of you who are familiar with it are aware of how amazing it is, so I won't go out of my way to reiterate tired statements

My question is this: Did it really deserve to be continued past #5?

It also seems like the character was overly milked, even moreso than the other Ultra books that survived past "Black September"

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Ultraverse Rune

Post by depluto »

Chris Ulm and BWS were the ones responsible for Rune; I think BWS left after No. 6 or so. Pretty much all of the Ultraverse went to pot once Marvel got involved (some issues like Prime sank even sooner) but BWS leaving Rune kind of killed that story for me.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

I've never read this title, but when I look at it it seems BWS was in his prime when he was drawing it.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Rune always was an odd fit with the rest of the Ultraverse and it probably would have been better had the series ended after the first arc.

The stories where he is fighting Adam Warlock and pursuing the Infinity Gems (including the gold 7th gem, Ego) were pretty bad.