Sorry guys...

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Sorry guys...

Post by Knightt »

I have not been that active here in the DU section due to this new job which requires me to do A LOT of research on Islam and (Muslim) Extremism. It has kept me busy as well as stuff around the house as I am trying to help support my wife with part of her new career. I figure Shannon supported ME during my Army career and followed me around the world and weathered Special Forces missions with I am sure was buckets of worry, so now I am supporting her anyway I can. Seems only fair.

But it has taken me away from this section that we grown and I have grown to LOVE. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that there are some hardcore Deadites here in the DU section and I see new posts just about every day. I wish I could read/post from work but I have effectively been banned from this site during work (freakin' computer nazis), but I sure as hell can visit al'jazzera.net at work, not to mention Ebay of all things. :roll: But I think about this site every day and feel it is the BEST part of this board. So I post when I get home and have the time or like now at 3:25 am as I am woken EVERY NIGHT at 3 am due to some PTSD related issue, so the doctor tells me and I am working on that (f-ing war $hit). I will also hopefully have some GREAT news to report tomorrow evening which is CFF related so look for that.

Anyways, I have NOT forgotten about the cover scanning project and the plans that were talked about earlier and I think we can get some stuff done here soon and start making this section even better than it is.

THANK YOU for all the support and thank you to the recent packages that have shown up at my door helping me with MY collection. You guys are GREAT.

Keep on keepin' on....

Be Well,
Chris

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

Can't wait for the news. :thumb:

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Re: Sorry guys...

Post by Lightning Strike »

Can't wait to find out what you have planned, but I know it will be good. And Chris, THANK YOU for everything you do here.

God bless friend,

Mike

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Sorry guys...

Post by Elveen »

Knightt wrote: I am trying to help support my wife with part of her new career. I figure Shannon supported ME during my Army career and followed me around the world and weathered Special Forces missions with I am sure was buckets of worry, so now I am supporting her anyway I can. Seems only fair.

Chris, I love this about you. She is a great lady.

I am so glad she got to meet my family.

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Take it easy mate and do what you need to do.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Hey knightt, i hope this newer job gets you some free time so we can get together and get some stuff done here.

My lists are almost ready and i want to start some heavy research in a months time.

:thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well I have been told that I will not be getting a desk or a computer for at least 6 weeks, so I may go home to work... i.e. time to work on some extra stuff, errr as well as doing my WORK. :wink:

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:Well I have been told that I will not be getting a desk or a computer for at least 6 weeks, so I may go home to work... i.e. time to work on some extra stuff, errr as well as doing my WORK. :wink:

heh

:wink:

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

I have said this to other people on other boards - NEVER apologise for having a life that gets in the way of your internet chatting.

:thumb:

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Uhhh.....it's been awhile since I checked in on the DU stuff. So sorry for missing out.

We'll have to meet up at a show again someday so you can enlighten me about the world of Islam! :thumb:

148 to go to make 3,000

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

MedicAR wrote:Uhhh.....it's been awhile since I checked in on the DU stuff. So sorry for missing out.

We'll have to meet up at a show again someday so you can enlighten me about the world of Islam! :thumb:
Heh, I no longer am working at that job. I was contacted by what I consider the cream of the crop here at Fort Huachuca. I now write Army doctrine... you know, I write a Field Manual on how to do something and Army guys around the world read the Manual that I have written and conduct operations as perscribed in my manual.

I didnt want to leave the old job so much, but a $20,000 a year pay raise was enough to make me switch jobs. And besides, with a company name like Arctic Slope, I couldnt resist. I mean the business cards ALONE..... hehehe

But hey, I can still talk Islam one day if you want. Now that I no longer instruct it, I can continue to bash it again. hahaha

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Knightt wrote:
MedicAR wrote:Uhhh.....it's been awhile since I checked in on the DU stuff. So sorry for missing out.

Heh, I no longer am working at that job. I was contacted by what I consider the cream of the crop here at Fort Huachuca. I now write Army doctrine... you know, I write a Field Manual on how to do something and Army guys around the world read the Manual that I have written and conduct operations as perscribed in my manual.

I didnt want to leave the old job so much, but a $20,000 a year pay raise was enough to make me switch jobs. And besides, with a company name like Arctic Slope, I couldnt resist. I mean the business cards ALONE..... hehehe

But hey, I can still talk Islam one day if you want. Now that I no longer instruct it, I can continue to bash it again. hahaha
I look forward to it!

129 to go to make 3,000