Dagger Comics - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Dagger Comics - Issue List

Post by Doorman »

Dagger Comics was an indy publisher that tried to use the Image formula to gain some success in 1993 and 1994. Unfortunately for them, it just didn't happen and they folded relatively quickly. However, they left behind a legacy of 24 issues. Two year's worth of monthly comics!

Mavericks #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Scorpion Corps #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Scorpion Corps #1 (limited 500 bronze variant)
Team Anarchy #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Team Anarchy #1 (limited promo variant - 5,000 print run)
Variogenesis #0

R.I.P. Dagger Comics
Last edited by Doorman on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

23 issues... :hm:

GET THEE BEHIND ME, VILE TEMPTOR!!!!

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

I recall seeing this in the DU section some time ago and it was raised as a possible to add to my ridiculous DU lists.
I finally found some at a show last month.

:thumb:

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

I've got some laying around. No straight runs right now, unfortunately. Anyone want them?

PM me.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

It has begun... :wink:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:It has begun... :wink:
Ah, you saw they were on my list. :oops:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Hey, I get the occassional grip on reality once in a while. :lol:

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

ahhh you got the Dagger books I sent you!? :twisted:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Doorman wrote:
ahhh you got the Dagger books I sent you!? :twisted:
Yes I did...

No I will.... not. NO i wie4llll nntot collecttttttttttttttttt will nottp]
i\-

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Opps, looks like we just made a deal for the Dagger books that you have... It HAS begun. hahahaha

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Anyone completed this tiny publisher yet?

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

Knightt's probably pretty close by now.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Yes, and with your help man !!!

Dagger Comics was an indy publisher that tried to use the Image formula to gain some success in 1993 and 1994. Unfortunately for them, it just didn't happen and they folded relatively quickly. However, they left behind a legacy of 24 issues. Two year's worth of monthly comics!

Mavericks #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Scorpion Corps #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Scorpion Corps #1 (limited 500 bronze variant)
Team Anarchy #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Team Anarchy #1 (limited promo variant - 5,000 print run)
Variogenesis #0

R.I.P. Dagger Comics

I will try and update my list tonight (that Bronze Variant is going to be tough)

The covers can be 'colorful' and the art kinda of a young Adam Pollina.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

ian_house wrote:Anyone completed this tiny publisher yet?
Not yet, but I bagged/boarded over 200 b/b sets last night and know that I have a nice pile of them sitting there waiting for my tender caress.

I also 'scored' quite a few 'new' DUs. My crack dealer added some new 'stuff' in there that has my interest peaked. I'll keep ya posted. I believe I have a Christian based comic company in the wings waiting to be bagged and boarded as well. VERY nice art and while I am not expexting much in the cleavage department, from the looks of the cover there looks to be plenty of cleaving going on if you know what I mean. Which is all good by me, I totally get miffed when you have lets say a swords and sorcery book out there and the dude is decked in all kinds of armor, chestplate, gauntlets, kick@ss sword and fighting right beside him is a great looking woman, boobs all pushed out, legs totally exposed, WELL versed in the use of bikini wax and no head gear so as not to mess up her hair. Makes no battle sense. And don't get me wrong, I the President of the ILBTs Fan Club and even go to the point of describing my wife to others as 'WONDERFUL woman, great sense of humor, puts up with my crap, wonderful mother, my best friends and an incredible rack. The wallpaper on my phone is my wife's rack (clothed of course) but I practically worship those fun bags. :thumb:

Back on track though (oh geez, and I am talking about a Christian comic... I am SO going to hell, and all the women there will have NO boobs, I just know it) :!:

But to wrap it up, I have had at least three boxes o' loot show up lately and I see quite a few new companies that I have yet to recognize. ONE of the companies were able to get top notch artists to at least do some cover work, like Texeria, Perez, Sienkiewicz, and a long list of others. It is going to be 'heaven' bagging/boarding and sorting, updating lists, flipping though old books, new books. aaaahhh it's good to be back.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Knightt wrote:
ian_house wrote:Anyone completed this tiny publisher yet?
Not yet, but I bagged/boarded over 200 b/b sets last night and know that I have a nice pile of them sitting there waiting for my tender caress.

I also 'scored' quite a few 'new' DUs. My crack dealer added some new 'stuff' in there that has my interest peaked. I'll keep ya posted. I believe I have a Christian based comic company in the wings waiting to be bagged and boarded as well. VERY nice art and while I am not expexting much in the cleavage department, from the looks of the cover there looks to be plenty of cleaving going on if you know what I mean. Which is all good by me, I totally get miffed when you have lets say a swords and sorcery book out there and the dude is decked in all kinds of armor, chestplate, gauntlets, kick*SQUEE* sword and fighting right beside him is a great looking woman, boobs all pushed out, legs totally exposed, WELL versed in the use of bikini wax and no head gear so as not to mess up her hair. Makes no battle sense. And don't get me wrong, I the President of the ILBTs Fan Club and even go to the point of describing my wife to others as 'WONDERFUL woman, great sense of humor, puts up with my crap, wonderful mother, my best friends and an incredible rack. The wallpaper on my phone is my wife's rack (clothed of course) but I practically worship those fun bags. :thumb:

Back on track though (oh geez, and I am talking about a Christian comic... I am SO going to hell, and all the women there will have NO boobs, I just know it) :!:

But to wrap it up, I have had at least three boxes o' loot show up lately and I see quite a few new companies that I have yet to recognize. ONE of the companies were able to get top notch artists to at least do some cover work, like Texeria, Perez, Sienkiewicz, and a long list of others. It is going to be 'heaven' bagging/boarding and sorting, updating lists, flipping though old books, new books. aaaahhh it's good to be back.
:lol: :thumb:

What are your buying habits like then man? Do you buy collections of things to be surprised by whats inside or actively look up and seek out publishers you haven't seen/read before?

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

i'm curious as to which Christian comic publisher you're expecting. Is it Community Comics (published by Alias?) or the Guardian Line of books? Or something else?

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

If you're going to go with the Christian books, a fun one to collect are the Chick tracts.

http://www.chick.com/default.asp