This is NOT the time to be selling Valiants

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe
This is NOT the time to be selling Valiants

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

A friendly post to any and all who may be concerned....the market for Valiants, with the exception of uberhighgrade+uberrare, has really sunk low. If you CAN (yes, I know, economy, etc etc), hold off on selling for now.

On the other hand, if you want to BUY Valiants, now is probably as good a time as any. We're getting back to the point where even the cheapskates are tempted to get back in the market.

Always keep in mind: do not invest in comics unless you have a KILLER eye (and I don't mean just grading) and a longgggg amount of time on your hands. You will almost always lose. Buy what you LOVE, and if you make money, that's just a bonus.

Apologies to those who need the money: the market is a harsh and fickle mistress.

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Re: This is NOT the time to be selling Valiants

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Buy what you LOVE, and if you make money, that's just a bonus.
:thumb:

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

It's not about selling and making money. It's about passing great deals along to my friends. :thumb:

(and making room in my office) :oops:

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

jedimarley wrote:It's not about selling and making money. It's about passing great deals along to my friends. :thumb:

It's tough to even do that lately. :lol:

I've taken to giving comics to Goodwill. I mean, I sold most of my Valiants here for next to nothing, but I've taken about 3 longboxes to Goodwill & Salvation Army this year.

They put comics in Christmas boxes for needy kids which I think is just great. Plus they give you a receipt and they quote the donation value at cover price which I wouldn't be able to get anywhere NEAR for them if I tried to sell them.

dbostejano
Here's my not so custom custom.

Post by dbostejano »

jedimarley wrote:It's not about selling and making money. It's about passing great deals along to my friends. :thumb:

:clap:

JustCallMeAric
...remember that they are just paper.

Post by JustCallMeAric »

BloodOfHeroes wrote:
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Buy what you LOVE, and if you make money, that's just a bonus.
Amen

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

JustCallMeAric wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:
Amen
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!

Post by Lightning Strike »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:A friendly post to any and all who may be concerned....the market for Valiants, with the exception of uberhighgrade+uberrare, has really sunk low. If you CAN (yes, I know, economy, etc etc), hold off on selling for now.

On the other hand, if you want to BUY Valiants, now is probably as good a time as any. We're getting back to the point where even the cheapskates are tempted to get back in the market.

Always keep in mind: do not invest in comics unless you have a KILLER eye (and I don't mean just grading) and a longgggg amount of time on your hands. You will almost always lose. Buy what you LOVE, and if you make money, that's just a bonus.
Advice I live by :thumb:

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:A friendly post to any and all who may be concerned....the market for Valiants, with the exception of uberhighgrade+uberrare, has really sunk low. If you CAN (yes, I know, economy, etc etc), hold off on selling for now.

Apologies to those who need the money: the market is a harsh and fickle mistress.
This applies to most comics, not just VALIANTS. I have sets of books that, at the very least, people would buy for the 99¢ starting price. That's not the case right now, so everything I have set aside FS has been hauled back to "storage" (i.e., the LB is now covered with junk in my room) and will stay there until times (hopefully) get better.

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Lightning Strike

slym2none wrote:

This applies to most comics, not just VALIANTS. I have sets of books that, at the very least, people would buy for the 99¢ starting price. That's not the case right now, so everything I have set aside FS has been hauled back to "storage" (i.e., the LB is now covered with junk in my room) and will stay there until times (hopefully) get better.

-slym
I think the best time of the year to sell would probably be in late Feb or March because it's tax refund time.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

Well, didn't Bush sign for another "economic stimulus" package where most will get another check from the Government next year? It could be a good thing throughout the spring and summer as these are let out, then again... times are tight enough (now) that people might be holding on to that $300 or $600.....

:?

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

VEI Reborn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by VEI Reborn »

Blah.

I say everyone should sell. Im looking to buy and damn those trying to keep from me the goodies :lol: :lol:

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

VEI Reborn wrote:Blah.

I say everyone should sell. Im looking to buy and damn those trying to keep from me the goodies :lol: :lol:
Tuff times tend to force many to sell so it's all good. :thumb:

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

With an eventual Valiant revival not too far off from becoming reality, I'd say it's a great time to stock up on complete runs and series. Then, sell 'em off when the characters return in all-new series ... stoking interest in the older issues again!

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Doorman wrote:With an eventual Valiant revival not too far off from becoming reality, I'd say it's a great time to stock up on complete runs and series. Then, sell 'em off when the characters return in all-new series ... stoking interest in the older issues again!

I agree. Unfortunately, my plan has had to change. But I agree on with this.

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

I agree to. I just need to make room. I have over 15 long boxes of books and it keeps growing. I am not making as much money as I could if were we not in an economic crisis, but at least I am making room in my house.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

Ive been buying selectively for a while now, somking deals for 9 months or so valiants and everything else :thumb:

Lightning Strike

superman-prime wrote:Ive been buying selectively for a while now, somking deals for 9 months or so valiants and everything else :thumb:
I haven't bought any Valiants in months

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

superman-prime wrote:Ive been buying selectively for a while now, somking deals for 9 months or so valiants and everything else :thumb:
Me too! Just bought 7 long boxes of hand-picked comics for 20 cents each. Tons of Acclaim books and more!

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

now thats a deal :thumb:

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

superman-prime wrote:now thats a deal :thumb:
For sure.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Doorman wrote:
Me too! Just bought 7 long boxes of hand-picked comics for 20 cents each. Tons of Acclaim books and more!
I never took that many home in one visit but it sure is fun when you run into that type of deal :thumb:

JustCallMeAric

Post by JustCallMeAric »

:o my whole collection is 6 short boxes

dbostejano

Post by dbostejano »

Doorman wrote:
who are you, and who invited you to our party? :P :lol: :twisted: (I feel like I'm turning into Slym little by little :twisted: )

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Well i always have a good idea of when to buy and sell and in the last twenty years it hasnt failed me yet.

So who wants a CEAR, Unity red CGC 9.8 and so on etc etc
Prices are good. Honest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;