It is a posting frenzy

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
It is a posting frenzy

Post by x-omatic »

I guess we all really missed the boards. Looks like everyone is trying to catch up for the days it was down. I don't think I have seen this much activity since I first joined in Feb 03.

It is a good feeling to have a place on the internet to call home again. :D

jusdb
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by jusdb »

Knightt_333 wrote:... looking at the screen saver and then thinking DAMN, I better hop on Ebay.... hehehe
that is a dangerous place to be......

:D

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

I found these boards at a bad time ... I was just getting involved and getting re-hyped in regards to Valiant comics - then POOF the forum was gone! DOH! Glad to have it back.

qrnd
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by qrnd »

Forum withdrawal apparently was a common problem. I guess it really is the hub of the Valiant community.

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

I had to be pinned to a bed for the 6 days the forum was down, but I was released under no supervision when it was back up. Still can't get the forum out of my system
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Actually I can not imagine that there are too many true valiant collectors out there who are not on this board in some form. Probably more lurkers than regulars but who knows. I mean if you like comics chances are you have the internet. If you like valiants chances are you are going to type it into google at one point for some information. This is the number one site in google for valiant comics. There probably are not that many valiant collectors out there who are actively trying to complete sets and have a list of issues that they are always looking for

R Daneel
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

DawgPhan wrote:Actually I can not imagine that there are too many true valiant collectors out there who are not on this board in some form. Probably more lurkers than regulars but who knows. I mean if you like comics chances are you have the internet. If you like valiants chances are you are going to type it into google at one point for some information. This is the number one site in google for valiant comics. There probably are not that many valiant collectors out there who are actively trying to complete sets and have a list of issues that they are always looking for
It is hard to believe, but it happens! I guess I have not been a HARDCORD active Valiant collector for a couple years, but I used to tool around the net here and there and look at info. I guess that last 2-3 years have really escaped me (moved from Tampa to Dallas, got engaged, bought new house, back to school full time, working full time, more compu-geek certs, new puppy, wedding, honeymoon, blah!) but before then I was active on the net. I noticed that this board was alive back when I was still active, and that did surprise me. Before my move, I was always scouring the net for Valiant stuff, I was always trolling Joe Petrilak's site and participating there. Won a number of his contests for signed books and whatnot, even bought a few of my golds from him I believe.

Anyway, I was very surprised when I ran across this place and it was so old with soooo many posts and people posting. I'm sure I don't have a complete set of VH1 - I probably missed a few issues at the end while I was overseas, and I'm way off the mark in my post-VH1 collection. Will be fun wrapping it all up!

comicguy

Post by comicguy »

:D It is amazing how many of us went through "withdrawls". I did not realize just how much I visit the site to simply read other post eventhough I do not do a lot of posting.
Welcome to the Jungle!!

No it wasn't me that did that!!

tbrezz
Long Live Valiant
Long Live Valiant
Valiant fan since: Harbinger 17 May 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by tbrezz »

"It is a posting frenzy" Yes it has been :lol:
Long Live Valiant Because the Voices in My Head Say So
Brandon

childres
The more you post, the more you want to.
The more you post, the more you want to.

Post by childres »

tbrezz wrote:"It is a posting frenzy" Yes it has been :lol:
And just wait until after the San Diego comic con. When everyone whose going gets back, I bet the posts are gonna fly.

:( Wish I could be there.

-Joe