News, news, news,,,

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
News, news, news,,,

Post by tchalla8 »

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/ ... eID=124568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valiant Heads to Baltimore Comic-Con

Valiant has announced it will set up at the Baltimore Comic-Con, September 8-9, 2012, at the Baltimore Convention Center, directly across the street from Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, Oriole Park, and the Camden Yards sports complex.

“All weekend long, Valiant creators and staff will be boothside for a jam-packed slate of convention-only giveaways, signings, portfolio reviews and panel appearances,” the company said in a release.

At their booth, Valiant will offer convention exclusive items including Bloodshot #1-Archer & Armstrong #1 double-sided sketch covers and brand new Valiant t-shirts. They will also offering the Future of Valiant Preview Edition, which previews the company's upcoming fall and winter releases, free of charge.

"The Future of Valiant" panel will run at the show on Saturday from 2 PM to 3 PM with with Robert Venditti & Cary Nord (X-O Manowar), Fred Van Lente (Archer & Armstrong), Justin Jordan (Shadowman), Executive Editor Warren Simons and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani.

Valiant will also be rewarding fans throughout the weekend with chances to win its limited Gold Logo edition comics.
Spooooon!!!!

VEI Reborn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Re: News, news, news,,,

Post by VEI Reborn »

tchalla8 wrote:http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/ ... eID=124568

Valiant has announced it will set up at the Baltimore Comic-Con, September 8-9, 2012, at the Baltimore Convention Center, directly across the street from Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, Oriole Park, and the Camden Yards sports complex.

“All weekend long, Valiant creators and staff will be boothside for a jam-packed slate of convention-only giveaways, signings, portfolio reviews and panel appearances,” the company said in a release.

At their booth, Valiant will offer convention exclusive items including Bloodshot #1-Archer & Armstrong #1 double-sided sketch covers and brand new Valiant t-shirts. They will also offering the Future of Valiant Preview Edition, which previews the company's upcoming fall and winter releases, free of charge.

"The Future of Valiant" panel will run at the show on Saturday from 2 PM to 3 PM with with Robert Venditti & Cary Nord (X-O Manowar), Fred Van Lente (Archer & Armstrong), Justin Jordan (Shadowman), Executive Editor Warren Simons and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani.

Valiant will also be rewarding fans throughout the weekend with chances to win its limited Gold Logo edition comics.

Heck yes!

Now where is Greg with the pre-buy!

carter3175

Post by carter3175 »

I live here in Maryland and I WILL be there!

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

VEI Reborn wrote:
tchalla8 wrote:http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/ ... eID=124568

Heck yes!

Now where is Greg with the pre-buy!
Greg is probably gonna run screaming from this one after the mountain of work he had to do last time. :)
Spooooon!!!!

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Beat me to it by seconds!

Interested in that "Future of Valiant" preview! And new T-Shirts...YES! Wish I still lived in the DC area right now :!:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

carter3175 wrote:I live here in Maryland and I WILL be there!
I wouldn't admit to that. You'll be inundated with requests for sketchbooks, t-shirts and Future books.
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

SJS4
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by SJS4 »

Hm...I am going to have to consider going to my first convention in over a decade (and a half). :hm:

Baltimore is a bit of a drive from South Jersey, but I have lots of family in the Aberdeen and Havre de Grace areas.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

tchalla8 wrote:
VEI Reborn wrote: Now where is Greg with the pre-buy!
Greg is probably gonna run screaming from this one after the mountain of work he had to do last time. :)
Greg won't be there. :D

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

Someday I'd like to see Valiant show up at a con somewhere besides the coasts...I know they have to prioritize, but those of us in the heartland may never get to enjoy meeting them in person otherwise. One can dream.
Spooooon!!!!

zoso20
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by zoso20 »

they were there in the mid 90's in Chicago........that was the major diff about the con this weekend......no medium or large publiser presence at all.........my bud said that started about 4-5 years ago........

SJS4

Post by SJS4 »

tchalla8 wrote:Someday I'd like to see Valiant show up at a con somewhere besides the coasts...I know they have to prioritize, but those of us in the heartland may never get to enjoy meeting them in person otherwise. One can dream.
Weren't they in Chicago this year...? I know they had the C2E2 free preview, can't remember if they had a booth set up or not though.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

SJS4 wrote:
tchalla8 wrote:Someday I'd like to see Valiant show up at a con somewhere besides the coasts...I know they have to prioritize, but those of us in the heartland may never get to enjoy meeting them in person otherwise. One can dream.
Weren't they in Chicago this year...? I know they had the C2E2 free preview, can't remember if they had a booth set up or not though.
I think they were...but I was thinking more along the lines of the south. There are major cities in the south people can get to pretty easily.
Spooooon!!!!

dhudson1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: duh, X-O
Favorite writer: ditti
Favorite artist: all of them

Post by dhudson1 »

greg wrote:
tchalla8 wrote:
VEI Reborn wrote: Now where is Greg with the pre-buy!
Greg won't be there. :D
What about evil Greg?
'Cause I'm a man with
A whole lot on his mind
Just out there somewhere
Traveling in time

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

More news...An interview with the VEI team...and I'll add a SPOILER warning for good measure.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/08/13/val ... re_twitter

carter3175

Post by carter3175 »

dbngaa wrote:
I wouldn't admit to that. You'll be inundated with requests for sketchbooks, t-shirts and Future books.
Hey, I wouldn't mind. We'll see how things are...but you better believe me, I will be there.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

:!: :!: :!:

I would LOVE to get some more goodies!!!! I wouldnt even mind allowing someone to make a little money off the transaction!!

carter3175

Post by carter3175 »

I would be more than happy to go both days...I just need to find a way to grab enough goodies...they will more than likely limit things....I might have to take my kids :twisted:

chesscub
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by chesscub »

SJS4 wrote:Hm...I am going to have to consider going to my first convention in over a decade (and a half). :hm:

Baltimore is a bit of a drive from South Jersey, but I have lots of family in the Aberdeen and Havre de Grace areas.
I've been going to Baltimore the last 5 years and already was scheduled to go. It's one of the best comic shows bar none.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Hmm, that's only 2.5 hours from here... :hm:

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

carter3175 wrote:
dbngaa wrote:
Hey, I wouldn't mind. We'll see how things are...but you better believe me, I will be there.
Well if that's the case, let me be the first to say: would you mind picking up a couple extra sketchbooks and Future Preview books for me? Thanks! :D
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I'd take a couple previews. :hope:

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Sounds great. I'd love to make it up for the show.

I'm curious about the free preview. I wonder if it will offer much new material. The FCBD comic was exciting but didn't really offer much in the way of new material.
Multum In Parvo

chesscub

Post by chesscub »

I'll pick up an extra blank cover if I can. I'd love to swap it for the X-O/Harbinger blank 1.

carter3175

Post by carter3175 »

I will also talk to someone there and use this website in vain to tell them about the huge support they are getting from us because we are big fans and see what happens. I will keep everyone posted.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

carter3175 wrote:I will also talk to someone there and use this website in vain to tell them about the huge support they are getting from us because we are big fans and see what happens. I will keep everyone posted.
Don't forget your membership card...oops, forget I said that.