Harbinger #1 - Motion Comic

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

bribri
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Harbinger #1 - Motion Comic

Post by bribri »

Hi, all. I've been working on a little project the last four months. I even got a little help from Elery (aka Dr Mirage).

Use some decent speakers and enjoy!!! Hope you like it!

http://youtu.be/Ly6xSH49lMo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bribri on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:59:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS
Re: Harbinger #1 - "Animated" Comic Book Movie

Post by drmirage »

Little project.. are you kidding me? OMG BBQ!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This has been in the works for so many months. Glad to have seen finally released and played a little part of the process.

Such an amazing job in doing this... No clue to how many hours was spent in recording, re-recording, editing and re-editing this.

Its EPIC!

CallMeBloodshot
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Venditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by CallMeBloodshot »

bribri wrote:Hi, all. I've been working on a little project the last four months. I even got a little help from Elery (aka Dr Mirage).

Use some decent speakers and enjoy!!! Hope you like it!

http://youtu.be/Ly6xSH49lMo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just finished watching it.

Great job! The hard work paid off. Also watching this made me realize that last panel is the pill Joe spit out earlier. I've read that issue a few times and never could make that out until. I think your interplay of voice acting and art made me pick it out more easily. Definitely very cinematic! My only sort of complaint is that I always imagined Harada's voice to be deeper, more sinister. But that's probably just me. My 2 favorite parts were how you did the voices in Peter's head and of course "Awesome! It's like a Michael Bay movie!" Haha.

Excellent work all around. Really makes me think, seeing the cinematic quality of this, how well Harbinger could do as a feature film. Keep up the good work... And maybe they'll be a video for Harby 2 :?

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

That was awesome, I'm going to share it all over the place!

Super F'n Amazing :clap:

drmirage
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Wanted to add that Brian came over to my work place about two months ago while he was picking up his Valiant Fans FCBD Edition he ordered. He asked me a strange question... if I can work on a special VEI project he was doing. He said he needed someone to do "The Bleeding Monk" voice. So I was like. :hm: hm.. Sure! :thumb: I was thinking.. Being Asian and The Bleeding Monk is Asian... How difficult could it be.

So one day, Brian brought over his portable recording gear to Downtown Los Angeles and we worked on the recording in our warehouse for a little over an hour. It was quite fun reading the lines over and over.. etc. (I also got to see a little preview of the movie) While I was working with the voice recordings, I realized that this is one special VEI project that already had been in the works for months.

After recording several lines.... Brian worked on my part and he tried over a million different ways of making my voice recording work for Harbinger 1 movie... Unfortunately, there was simple too much hiss (and several cars driving by etc) in the background which did not work.

Since, all the other recordings were done in a studio which sounded very clean, my part simply didn't work. It was bad because Brian really wanted a board member to be included in this project and we had such a good time recording that day. The mic simply picks up too much!!!

Thinking about how such a perfectionist Brian was at this project... The four months seemed low. I know that it took weeks that Brian mentioned to work on the volume levels. On a positive note, the project was finally completed yesterday and Brian mentioned it took hours to upload it to youtube in HD.

He hoped that Dinesh and Joshua Dysart had the time to see this project at Brian's company theater (Yes, they have a theater)... Was unfortunate due to Dinesh's and Joshua's schedule, both could not make arrangements to see this in the big screen.

Overall... I've not seen anything like this. My hats off to Brian!!! :thumb:

100% sure VEI and Valiant Fans will appreciate his work. If you read the credits.. I think there was over 30+ individuals who worked on this. :o Just insane! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by drmirage on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CallMeBloodshot
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Venditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by CallMeBloodshot »

drmirage wrote:Wanted to add that Brian came over to my work place two months ago... while he was picking up his Valiant Fans FCBD Edition. He asked me if I can work on a special VEI project he was working on.... he needed someone to do the "Bleeding Monk" voice.

How could I have refused... so I volunteered... (I was thinking.. hm.. I'm Asian. The Bleeding Monk is Asian... I think we can do it) So..Brian came down to Downtown Los Angeles and brought over his portable recording gear and we worked on the recording in our warehouse for over an hour. It was quite fun reading the lines over and over .. etc. (I also got to see a little preview of the movie)

Then... after going back to the studio, and trying over a million different ways of making my voice recording work for Harbinger 1 movie... Unfortunately there was simple too much hiss (and several cars driving by) in the background which did not work.

All the other recordings were done in a studio which sounded very clean and my part didn't work. It was bad because Brian really wanted a board member to be included in this project and we had such a good time recording that day. The mic simply picks up too much!!!

Thinking about how such a perfectionist Brian was at this project... The four months seemed low. I know that it took weeks that Brian mentioned to work on the volume levels. On a positive note, the project was finally completed yesterday and Brian mentioned it took hours to upload it to youtube in HD.

He hoped that Dinesh and Joshua Dysart had the time to see this project at Brian's company theater (Yes, they have a theater)... Was unfortunate due to Dinesh's and Joshua's schedule, both could not make arrangements to see this in the big screen.

Wow that woulda blew my mind if I was one of you guys and Dysart showed up to watch this! He's on these boards, so maybe he'll see it anyway.

Oh and good job btw!

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

This is amazing! Hats off to everyone involved :clap:

I too am going to share this all over the place :high-five:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

bribri

Post by bribri »

drmirage wrote:Wanted to add that Brian came over to my work place about two months ago... while he was picking up his Valiant Fans FCBD Edition he had ordered. He asked me a strange question... if I can work on a special VEI he was doing... He said he needed someone to do the "Bleeding Monk" voice. So I was like... hm.. Sure! I was thinking.. I'm Asian. The Bleeding Monk is Asian... How difficult could it be.

So one day, Brian brought over his portable recording gear to Downtown Los Angeles and we worked on the recording in our warehouse for a little over an hour. It was quite fun reading the lines over and over.. etc. (I also got to see a little preview of the movie) While I was working with the voice recordings, I realized that this is one special VEI project that already had been in the works for months.

After recording several lines.... Brian worked on my part and he tried over a million different ways of making my voice recording work for Harbinger 1 movie... Unfortunately, there was simple too much hiss (and several cars driving by etc) in the background which did not work.

Since, all the other recordings were done in a studio which sounded very clean, my part simply didn't work. It was bad because Brian really wanted a board member to be included in this project and we had such a good time recording that day. The mic simply picks up too much!!!

100% sure VEI and Valiant Fans will appreciate his work. If you read the credits.. I think there was over 30+ individuals who worked on this. :o Just insane!

Nice summary, Elery! Couldn't have said it better myself. Let's get you in the next one!!! (Although, if in try to do another one my fiancé might kill me.)

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

BugsySig wrote:This is amazing! Hats off to everyone involved :clap:

I too am going to share this all over the place :high-five:
CBR Boards, Twitter and Tumblr done :thumb:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Holy mackerel! That was outstanding! :clap:

That could totally be aired on television. Think of the audience for the comics that could be built in that format, word balloons and all... just amazing.

And seeing the panels all blown up made me really appreciate the color. It just popped everywhere.

Baramos

Post by Baramos »

Whoa. Amazing.

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

Looks Amazing, Cant wait to check the whole thing out, great job man. :thumb:
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

Fantastic stuff! Congrats to everyone who worked on this. :clap:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Just watched it. Amazing job. It's a great way to "see" the comic through someone else's eyes.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow! Fantastic work all around. Very cool!
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

I'm about a third of the way through it, but wow....this is going above and beyond. Amazing work!
Spooooon!!!!

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek

Post by bygranddesign »

I'm half way through this

But had to stop and just say what an amazing job you did with this

The sound effects

The voices

Everyone involved - Brilliant job ! :clap:

Ok, I'm going back to watch this now!
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Impressive!

/Magnus

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Thought it was really really good, so well done :)

If I pick up a few things that didn't suit my tastes, it's that I would've liked the pace to be picked up a bit, both in terms of the dialogue and the amount of time that the panels spend onscreen. It's adequate as it is, but I felt myself getting a bit impatient with it at times wanting the dialogue to be spoken a bit quicker and for the panels to transition from one to the next quicker than they did after the dialogue had finished.

Also, I'm not sure that the 'seething bad guy' voice really suits Tull. He's a person completely drained of everything aside from language and his mission objectives, so I always read him with a really dull, bland voice. A lot like the agents from The Matrix.

Although I'm not criticising Harada's voice actor, I always read Harada with Ken Watanabe's voice :D I also would have thought that Harada's accent might be a little more Westernised than it is in the video here, having spent so long in America since moving away from Japan.

But overall the voice acting is okay and the ambient tracks, sound effects and image quality are really, really top notch, so it's been a fantastic project with fantastic end result. Really cool :D

swtor1091
Valiant fan since: May 2012
Favorite character: Flamingo

Post by swtor1091 »

When I get off of work I'll post that on my valiant page
A shameful plug to the book i am currently writing. Please like my page so when I try to publish it I already have a following... https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blac ... 9693235948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrSoup007
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by DrSoup007 »

That was pretty cool. That's alot of work. I'm glad that is turned out such a good finished product.
"Having trouble coming up with a signature because my last one really sucked..."

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

Awesome. Posted it to my facebook account.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

KXXX
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California

Post by KXXX »

bribri wrote:
drmirage wrote:Wanted to add that Brian came over to my work place about two months ago... while he was picking up his Valiant Fans FCBD Edition he had ordered. He asked me a strange question... if I can work on a special VEI he was doing... He said he needed someone to do the "Bleeding Monk" voice. So I was like... hm.. Sure! I was thinking.. I'm Asian. The Bleeding Monk is Asian... How difficult could it be.

100% sure VEI and Valiant Fans will appreciate his work. If you read the credits.. I think there was over 30+ individuals who worked on this. :o Just insane!

Nice summary, Elery! Couldn't have said it better myself. Let's get you in the next one!!! (Although, if in try to do another one my fiancé might kill me.)

IF you do I would very much like to do some voice work.

bribri

Post by bribri »

KXXX wrote:
bribri wrote:

IF you do I would very much like to do some voice work.
Noted, KXXX! Are you located in the Los Angeles area? I presume so considering your profile location: "Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California." :P

bribri

Post by bribri »

And thank you all for the compliments and constructive criticism. All appreciated!!!