Comic "magazine"

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)
Comic "magazine"

Post by cjv »

So back in the day, I remember I used to get information about upcoming series and such from Wizard. I don't really visit comic stores too much - is there a comparable magazine or source where I can get information about upcoming comics? CSN, Previews, and some others used to have stuff, but I haven't really seen anything that strikes my fancy.

Chris

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012
Re: Comic "magazine"

Post by ShadowTuga »

cjv wrote:So back in the day, I remember I used to get information about upcoming series and such from Wizard. I don't really visit comic stores too much - is there a comparable magazine or source where I can get information about upcoming comics? CSN, Previews, and some others used to have stuff, but I haven't really seen anything that strikes my fancy.

Chris
Bleeding Cool used to have their magazine not long ago, which seemed like a Wizard little brother, of sorts. I only have the issue that offered the exclusive Shadowman comic and I liked it. Have no idea if it's still on print these days.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Comic Shop News is still around.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

Cyberstrike wrote:Comic Shop News is still around.
This just a question. i just want my answer and not to stoke the fire afterward. Are they as political as let's say CBR?

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:Comic Shop News is still around.
This just a question. i just want my answer and not to stoke the fire afterward. Are they as political as let's say CBR?
I don't see any politics in CSN. It's only a 6 page, newsprint advertisement, so there's not a lot of room for editorial opinions. I suppose the creator being interviewed could have an opinion, but the point of the publication is sell next week's comics and is typically given away free.