New to the boards...have a few questions

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

billandedsdeals
Get those scissors away from my coupons
New to the boards...have a few questions

Post by billandedsdeals »

I am new to this site...it's awesome by the way...I collected valiant and thought I almost had a full run of everything and then I got a look at the checklist... :cry:

My questions are:

1) Other than the Bloodshot Platinum...what are the "top" books as far as collectibility and value?

2) How does buying, selling, and trading work here?

3) My LCS owner has 2 bottles of valiant beer?...Archer ale and another one that I cannot remember...what are these going for?

Thanks for the help and for bringing valiant books back into the comic book world consciousness

-Bill

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993
Re: New to the boards...have a few questions

Post by dino »

billandedsdeals wrote:I am new to this site...it's awesome by the way...I collected valiant and thought I almost had a full run of everything and then I got a look at the checklist... :cry:

My questions are:

1) Other than the Bloodshot Platinum...what are the "top" books as far as collectibility and value?

2) How does buying, selling, and trading work here?

3) My LCS owner has 2 bottles of valiant beer?...Archer ale and another one that I cannot remember...what are these going for?

Thanks for the help and for bringing valiant books back into the comic book world consciousness

-Bill
1)Unity Red is the top book, Chaos effect alpha red, Harbinger pink, Unity diamond trades, Harbinger 1, magnus 0 are some of the big books.

2)post what u want to buy or sell in the buy/sell/trade forum and you will get private messages or emails or even replies in the same thread. there is no fee :thumb:

3)about $20-30 each depending on if they have the cards

davidb
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by davidb »

Hey, Bill. Glad to see you.

1) Here's a table that breaks down the most wanted books by regular edition, non-standard (mail in, etc), gold, and VVSS. http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/mostwanted.asp . Each one has a loose guide price, and when you click on each issue it shows what the recent sales have been going for.

2) I'll let someone more experienced than me cover this one. I've not done a lot of buying on the boards.

3) Armstrong Ale and Darque Brew. http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/va ... asp?id=192 I know that they do pop up from time to time on Ebay. I haven't seen an Armstrong Ale for a while, but a Darque Brew sold on the 6th for 14.51 (22.51 with shipping).

Hope this helps!

David B.
This post has been approved by the Harbinger Foundation.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Most wanted books?

VcVSS, Baby!! :thumb:

billandedsdeals

VcVSS??? I don't know what that is...could someone help a brother out???

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

valiant comics board version of the vvss books put out by valiant. Fans who got the books signed by the creators/writers or artists.

they come with a certificate from greg too!

dino's got a page on them. dino? :)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

400yrs wrote:Most wanted books?

No doubt. No...freakin'...doubt.

Technique
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!

Post by Technique »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
400yrs wrote:Most wanted books?

No doubt. No...freakin'...doubt.
Amen to that :thumb:

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Eric Jackson wrote:valiant comics board version of the vvss books put out by valiant. Fans who got the books signed by the creators/writers or artists.

they come with a certificate from greg too!

dino's got a page on them. dino? :)
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1089
http://st15.startlogic.com/~dineshsh/va ... /vcvss.htm

2nd link is the one you want. 1st link is to the initial offer for the magnus 0 vcvss
Last edited by dino on Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:28:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billandedsdeals

Thanks Dino...pretty interesting...thanks for your time!!!

Bill

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

billandedsdeals wrote:Thanks Dino...pretty interesting...thanks for your time!!!

Bill
keep the questions coming, there are a lot of new users appearing daily and these answers will help them too :thumb:

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

dino wrote:
billandedsdeals wrote:Thanks Dino...pretty interesting...thanks for your time!!!

Bill
keep the questions coming, there are a lot of new users appearing daily and these answers will help them too :thumb:
There are also plenty of us who suffer from an obsessive neediness, which is only fulfilled by being able to show off our knowledge to those not in the know....

...you think I'm kidding....

;)

SolarFan777
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: Harbinger 4 release
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar

Post by SolarFan777 »

Welcome Bill,
You've come to the right place. The people here are great and regardless of $ value we love the Valiant Universe. It took me a while to navigate but spend some time in the different forums and you'll get the hang of it. Greg has some fantastic stuff on valiantcomics.com too. Spend some time in the galleries there. :thumb:
It's Solar... Don't call him Dr. Phil!

billandedsdeals

Thanks for all your input...I have read all of the valiant comics as well as collected them, so I do understand the "magic"... the stories were great at first...and then tapered off. I do agree that the "value" of the book is how important it is to you, as a reader and a fan first. The reason for the question on value is that I have been out of the loop for so long that I really had no idea what was going on in the valiant world. At the same time though I am looking to complete my set and have multiples of most pre-unity and some golds and wanted to know the values for trading after I have exhausted all the 25 cent bins in my area!!! I would like to complete my set someday and hopefully everyone out there can help!!!

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!

Post by k_c_collectibles »

PM sent. :thumb:
Hundreds of Valiant and Acclaim comics for GREAT prices! http://www.webstore.com/shop.php?user_id=96791

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Highlander, I think of Christopher Lambert everytime I listen to Queen. WAIT that didnt come out right :!:

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

dino wrote:Highlander, I think of Christopher Lambert everytime I listen to Queen. WAIT that didnt come out right :!:
:lol: thats funny

-Brian

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

dino wrote:Highlander, I think of Christopher Lambert everytime I listen to Queen. WAIT that didnt come out right :!:
First midgets, now this.....
Man dino I'm worried about you.
:(

billandedsdeals

Luckily I have all the pre-unity...most in duplicate...I only have 3 vvss Geomancer 1, Magnus 25, and Armorines 0. I have the Unity Red and 2 Harby pinks...my inventory list was entered on the 13th and hasn't been updated yet...If anyones looking for Pre-Unity I will trade for books that I don't have...or sell if you don't have anything I need!!! Just let me know!!!

k_c_collectibles

Post by k_c_collectibles »

billandedsdeals wrote:..If anyones looking for Pre-Unity I will trade for books that I don't have...or sell if you don't have anything I need!!! Just let me know!!!
I have TONS of books and will trade my prices for guide value of Pre-Unity. Check out the link to my ebay store in my signature.
Chris
Hundreds of Valiant and Acclaim comics for GREAT prices! http://www.webstore.com/shop.php?user_id=96791

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Knightt_333 wrote:You are correct... and just for the record I neither think of Christopher Lambert nor listen to Queen.
Whaaat, you don't listen to Queen, Knightt? Go out and buy their greatest hits, you will become a fan.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Knightt_333 wrote:You are correct... and just for the record I neither think of Christopher Lambert nor listen to Queen.
Whaaat, you don't listen to Queen, Knightt? Go out and buy their greatest hits, you will become a fan.
Easier, go out and rent Waynes World :thumb:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Hey Dino, remember a couple of years ago when Mountain Dew was using an alterted version of Bohemian Rhapsody?

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Actually no I don't, If it was more than 4 years ago I wasnt in the states then. I do remember we had a pot noodle commerical with the Queen song "I'm so lonely" back in Hong Kong :lol:

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

billandedsdeals wrote:..I only have 3 vvss Geomancer 1, Magnus 25, and Armorines 0.
when I first read this I thought you were saying you "only have 3 vvss Geomancer 1" and was thinking, "I wish I had 3 copies of that book like you".. :!:
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;