Yet another substantiated CGC TRUTH!

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ryostar
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Yet another substantiated CGC TRUTH!

Post by ryostar »

A RESPONSE FROM STEVE BOROCK AND CGC:

While sad and unfortunate, this experience will ultimately be of benefit to the hobby. It is proving that certification works in assuring that books are accurately represented in the marketplace. This also shows us that the boards work. We can share our collective knowledge and experiences to improve the hobby. CGC is very proud to provide essential services to the hobby.

Over a month ago, when this situation first came to light, CGC began an extensive review process of all books in-house. Furthermore, Jason Ewert has been banned from submitting. He is only the second person CGC has banned. Anyone knowingly submitting books on his behalf will also be banned.

We are not releasing barcode information. We do have an obligation to all our submitters to observe our policy of confidentiality, and we cannot simply violate this at will. However, I will review any CGC certified book bought from Jason Ewert. We have every reason to believe that trimming of this type began within the last six to seven months. We will also monitor for any suspect books in the marketplace, and ask that they be returned to us for review.

This experience is a necessary step in guaranteeing our ability to detect sophisticated deceptive restoration. New safety measures have been put in place to reduce the likelihood of a similar situation arising. We are also consulting with Chris Friesen, who is the best restoration detection expert in our hobby. I must reiterate that Chris Friesen has never trimmed a comic book. Any insinuation otherwise is extremely offensive to me, especially since he and I worked together for many years to try to remove this element from our hobby.

We also realize how the help of board members and hobbyists assures the quality of our product, and we would like board member efforts to continue. We will be assembling a CGC Advisory Board to organize these efforts going forward. Please PM if you have an interest in participating.

-Steve

Am I the only one that's not satisfied here?

Dissavowed
No Longer A Registered User

Post by Dissavowed »

Yep :roll:

Dissavowed
No Longer A Registered User

Post by Dissavowed »

try using PGX, you'll do much worse :|

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham
Re: Yet another substantiated CGC TRUTH!

Post by 400yrs »

ryostar wrote:
Am I the only one that's not satisfied here?
Probably. Especially considering that we discovered the connection between you (ryostar) and christina's collectibles and daniel whatever that guys name is from PGX several months ago. I bought a few PGX'd books and was VERY unhappy. I've stuck to the professionals (CGC duh) since that.

Go pollute somewhere else with your propaganda pushing an inferior product and unprofessional company.
ASM Crossover Home

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

GO AWAY...

for those wondering...

noob enlightenment

more

another
Last edited by myron on Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:26:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

First, did I read that correctly in that someone was submitting trimmed books to the CGC?

Second, fix the first lazy link please. I'm lazy.

Third, how bad is the PGX?

~Unblessed

myron
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Unblessed wrote:First, did I read that correctly in that someone was submitting trimmed books to the CGC?

~Unblessed
sorry...bout the link...
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

400yrs
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Unblessed wrote:First, did I read that correctly in that someone was submitting trimmed books to the CGC?

~Unblessed
First - Yes. To read more go to the CGC website and look at the topic about Fantaxtic Four #3 (FF 3). They seem to have taken steps to solve the problem.

Third - They are Craptacular!! The 3 books I bought, 2 were way overgraded IMO. I have a feeling that they were sold to me by one of the dealers that they work very closely with - tdcomix, christinascollectibles are a few (not who I bought from though). The company has changed its name 2 times for a total of three names. Awesome business move!! :thumb: Also a great business move is having several shills on many different message boards (see ryostar) who are complete idiots. IMO, it's a completely unprofessional company who is soon to flop on its face. Thanks you come again. :thumb:
ASM Crossover Home