House of M

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

it would be soo cool if they decided to kill of the scarlet witch. and NEVER brought her back. they don't have the guts though. they can't even kill of that s...stacy, gwen stacy character once and for all...why not bring back bucky?

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

dave wrote:it would be soo cool if they decided to kill of the scarlet witch. and NEVER brought her back. they don't have the guts though. they can't even kill of that s...stacy, gwen stacy character once and for all...why not bring back bucky?
I think Zeph said that's the only character (Bucky) they (Marvel) haven't brought back :thumb:

speedracex
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by speedracex »

soo did anyone read the last issue today?? I really got bored through out the series, but was really suprised with the ending, I liked it, im sure it will turn out diferently after the next couple House of M mini series, but if they leave it that way, well then it definitly shook the Marvel universe

obviously im not saying what happened, dont want to ruin it for anyone

Kino
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by Kino »

The last issue surprised me but at the same time I just felt let down from it. When I buy a mini series, I expect the last issue to fully end the series, not spark another series, in this case House of M: Decimation.

Overall I can see the potential of the House of M mini series but man Marvel needs to do better on its excution of ideas.

I suggest Marvel take a step back and review old story arcs like the Inferno storyline, Mutant massacre, Fall of the Mutants and Extinction Agenda for a how a major series should happen.

I really miss the old major storylines, back then they knew how to build up an arc, execute the arc and resolve it. For those who are not sure what I am talking about. Pick up a year of X-men books right before Inferno takes place and you will understand exactly where I am coming from.

House of M reminds me of the old storylines like Atlantis Attacks and Evolutionary War whereas after reading them I wish I had my 30 minutes back.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

House of M was mildly entertaining, and Bendis is great with dialogue, but it boils down to yet another story that was drawn out and could have been told in 3 issues....

IMHO the last true worthwhile crossover was the original Infinity Gauntlet. The story was carried well and we definately not ripped off on the action in it...

IndieBrit
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by IndieBrit »

Well I haven't read much....sorry any of the house of M stuff other then Issue #1 of New Excalibur and I have to say I liked it but then I am in Britain and I really dih Captain Britain cause I am british!!!

Kino

Post by Kino »

I liked the New Excalibur. I think it should be called Excaliber as I am not a fan of using "new" in a title name. Come to think of it, I bought the original Excalibur when it came out also, years ago.

If New Excalibur stays focused, it has the potential to be great. Besides I like Juggernaut and since he was/is a big fan of Dazzler, I'm sure things will get interesting soon. This is one spin off of the X-men that I feel can be great and not just some exploitation of the X-men genre.